Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
atheos
Administrator

atheos has disabled reputation
Default Indianapolis Police Dept vs Obama?

http://digg.com/political_opinion/In..._impeach_Obama (pics)

Here's an interesting thing to look at. Got an e-mail today about a police car with "Impeach Obama" visibly displayed, so I stuck it on digg.

Here's the body of the e-mail:
Subject:Un-ethical IPD behavior - IMPEACH OBAMA sticker in cruiser

I experienced something today that made me question the ethics of IPD.......I have attached photos for you to see, which were taken on my cell phone through the windows of the cruiser, even with the glare subject of the photos are clearly visible.

Let me start by saying that in this country everyone has the right to express their political views, however when these views are plastered across a police vehicle for everyone to see I have an issue with it, especially when these views express that we should impeach our president elect, Barak Obama. I work on Mass Ave and along with the rest of my co-workers I complain about the parking situation, constantly checking my parking meter throughout the day, because forgetting for even a few moments can end in a $25.00 ticket. My fellow office workers and I were grumbling, as usual, about the fact that during lunch time, the Ave fills up with Police Cars and officers who are exempt from paying their meters even though they are sitting at Yatz enjoying their lunch break. Our complaints about IPD immediately changed when we saw an “IMPEACH OBAMA” Sticker plastered across the computer in a police cruiser. It was visible to all walking down the side walk, even if you only glanced over quickly. This seems totally inappropriate to me, several other people who witnessed it or saw the pictures expressed similar views. The police officer and the cruiser are representing IPD and furthermore the Indiana government, it would lead me to believe that the call to impeach our president elect is supported by the entire department, which I know not to be true. Additionally, the reasons for this view are not stated, it leaves it up to the reader to assume the reasons behind it and several discriminatory explanations could be inferred. Also, I was under the impression that police officers are supposed to be objective when it comes to political, religion and social issues when on duty or in uniform, if this officer put this sticker in his cruiser, he clearly supports this idea when on duty. What does that say about his objectivity when he there is an incident and someone with a support Obama bumper sticker is involved? The people of the country and Indiana have spoken; we elected Obama. This is a time for the country to come together and support our future president for the good of the country, regardless of party. John McCain shares this view along with many other Republican Party leaders, so I ask the question, Why does the Indianapolis Police Department support going against the people’s choice and impeaching someone isn’t even impeachable seeing as he hasn’t taken the office yet?

Last edited by atheos; 12-11-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: more info
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

That's very unethical if it was him, but you'd have to know who really put that there. You don't know who put that sticker there. Maybe someone could have been trying to stir things up and put that in his cruiser. We simply don't know.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hey atheos...nice to see you posting... does that mean the reputation feature is working again or something?..... nope not yet.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
atheos
Administrator

atheos has disabled reputation

bernardos70,
if you look at the pictures, the sticker is inside the cruiser affixed to his laptop. That wasn't put there by a passerby
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheos View Post
The police officer and the cruiser are representing IPD and furthermore the Indiana government, it would lead me to believe that the call to impeach our president elect is supported by the entire department,
that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Since the IPD and furthermore the Indiana government represent the people of Indiana, would you also try to conclude that the call to impeach is supported by all the people of Indiana?

Somehow I suspect this person never complained over the past 8 years when "impeach bush" stuff popped up at schools or wherever.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote