Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The Pit and Ravens game cost us this game. badly.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
The Pit and Ravens game cost us this game. badly.
Windmill,
To be honest getting beat by those two teams are not bad. You can hold your head up high by getting beat by those two teams. The game that cost us the playoffs is the fact we got beat by the St.Louis Rams....Can you believe it, the St.Louis Rams..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Windmill,
To be honest getting beat by those two teams are not bad. You can hold your head up high by getting beat by those two teams. The game that cost us the playoffs is the fact we got beat by the St.Louis Rams....Can you believe it, the St.Louis Rams..
Is Romo gettin' blamed for that one too.

Quote:
I dont have a plan in mind, but the people that are paid to get this done, should make this a top priority right after this game. Getting a QB here should be something we discuss right now. Salaries are not guaranteed, so I would say there are some players who dont deserve their contract. I dont see us being able to trade Romo, but MAYBE we can sign another QB who slips through the cracks. But, our QB situation has got to be something we address in some type of way. We dont have leadership on or off the field, no coaching leader on offense or defense, the on field leader has to be the QB, and we dont have it as well.
As long as we're getting PROACTIVE...I think you've beaten the point home to a pulp on how you feel about Romo. The next step is coming up with a plan for if it needs to be fixed.

Either way, I'm not sold Romo needs to flat out be gone from the team.
There are some other major issues with the roster.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-28-2008 at 06:20 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post

As long as we're getting PROACTIVE...I think you've beaten the point home to a pulp on how you feel about Romo. The next step is coming up with a plan for if it needs to be fixed.

If we are getting rid of Romo, we might as well blow up the entire team. If we are going to call Romo a mental midget that needs to be gotten rid of, we can say the same thing about 75% of this team.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

There are some other major issues with the roster.
I gave you a plan, find a way to make Romo the back-up.... Like you said, you dont want to see him flat out gone...As I am typing Romo makes another fumble to give the Eagles the ball. Are you sure you want to hang on to Romo like this? At some point you have to say that he is mentally scarred, and maybe a fresh start is the best thing for Romo? I just dont know, but he is at the top of my list of the problems. To be honest, I do think that some of Garret's problems is the fact he has to make the offense extremely simple for Romo (IMO?) Just a guess, but dont know, but Garrett had so much potential, and I just dont see how his offense got so simple so fast..
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I gave you a plan, find a way to make Romo the back-up.... Like you said, you dont want to see him flat out gone...As I am typing Romo makes another fumble to give the Eagles the ball. Are you sure you want to hang on to Romo like this? At some point you have to say that he is mentally scarred, and maybe a fresh start is the best thing for Romo? I just dont know, but he is at the top of my list of the problems. To be honest, I do think that some of Garret's problems is the fact he has to make the offense extremely simple for Romo (IMO?) Just a guess, but dont know, but Garrett had so much potential, and I just dont see how his offense got so simple so fast..
The game was out of reach at 24-3 possibly 17-3. Anything from here out is an attempt at doing something with the ball rather than doing nothing. The game is over. we would probably have equal results by just kneeling down 4 times. You want to get rid of Barber too?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a pretty generic plan though...there isn't Plan A, Plan B, C etc. etc.
FA, Trades, Draft...those are all easy plans, but we need actual names.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a pretty generic plan though...there isn't Plan A, Plan B, C etc. etc.
FA, Trades, Draft...those are all easy plans, but we need actual names.
Silk's plan is basically get luck as hell that you find a good quarterback.

So in other words, he doesn't have a plan.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post

I should've said...you didn't give a plan, you just made a statement.
My bad.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post

So, what is your plan? Yeah, tell me how we need to stick with Romo!!! So, the best you can do is attack me for talking about our heartless QB who has helped bring us to the lowest level since the 1-15 season?!

I am not the decision maker, nor do I want to make the decisions, but it is clear to me as a FAN, that we need another QB. How/Who we get another one is NOT my job as a FAN. Remember fans will be fans. If you dont think part of our problem is Romo, then you are not watching these games. You cant watch these games and say that Romo is not a big part of the problems. Watch, next people will start the T.O. mess like he done all of this. Our problem is that we dont have an on the field leader in our QB.