Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Would you do it?

Dallas trades:
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.4 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Dallas receives:
PG Bobby Jackson (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

Sacramento trades:
PG Bobby Jackson (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Sacramento receives:
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.8 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Of course you could switch out Daniels for Howard? Thoughts?

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Would you do it?

I would do that
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:Would you do it?

Why would the kings do the deal? Hell Yeah I'd do the deal.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't there injury issues with Bobby? Is he recovered fully?

It's tempting though. I would want our team doctors to clear him.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

No.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:59 PM   #6
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Its not terrible at all.

I love BJax the player. Nellie would love him as well.

BUT Sac has JoHo in Christie.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, I'd do that.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #8
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

most definitely.

Then make AJ a full time coach who can devote most of his time to working with Daniels and Harris.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #9
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Not so sure if I'd do it...how old is BoJax? I definitely wouldn't do it if Daniels were part of the trade, and I'd atleast like to see how Howard plays early this season to see how much he's improved against NBA level competition.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
how old is BoJax?

As to the original question, Heaven's no. Howard has the potential to put up Antawn Jamison numbers while playing good defense. While Jackson on the other hand, out of his 7 seasons in the NBA, he's played in at least 70 games 3 times. Plus, i don't think he's even a real pg. There's a reason why Bibby starts over him, it's because Jackson's a shoot first type of player.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #11
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Signing BJax would bring small ball back to life...and i dont like it
Old 07-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #12
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Why would anyone do that? Bobby Jackson is one of the most injury prone guys in the leauge. He has played in over 70 games 3 times and he is 31 years old and will be 32 by the time next years playoffs roll around.

Not that it matters because he will probably be injured anyway.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #13
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Until people see Bobby play 30-50 games, they will not touch him with a 10 foot pole. His injury is one of the hardest to get over.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #14
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Sure, I'd do that.
I wouln't. Delk is only a few months older and is bigger. I think Delk was playing thorugh injuires last year I would like to see if he is healed this year before giving up on him. After all, he was Bobby Jackson before Bobby Jackson.

To put it another way, the difference between a healthy Delk and Jackson, neither one of them are a starting PG or SG, is not worth an up and coming future starter at SF in Josh Howard.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:03 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Okay. You convinced me. I wouldn't do it.