Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #321
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I hate hearing about these deals early because then they don't immediately materialize and start to seem like they're gonna fall through.
I was just coming in here to say the same thing.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #322
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I have to think the Raps want to be able to sign Turk at midnight eastern tonight.
They'd be unstoppable...

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #323
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
I agree that Atlanta isnt in cost cutting mode and wouldnt give away Johnson, but if they would take Howard and Damp for Johnson we better do it. Dirk has never had a guy that can take over games like he does or is capable of doing this
That's true I'd just like to see him do more of it. A guy with his ability should be putting up 25+ a game. He's only done that once.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #324
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LonghornDub again.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #325
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
That's true I'd just like to see him do more of it. A guy with his ability should be putting up 25+ a game. He's only done that once.
I could be wrong...but I think some of that might be because JJ has been asked to play a bit too much of facilitator in the past to expect 25ppg...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #326
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

On the surface I would trade Damp and Josh for Joe Johnson.

However, people need to remember that Damp is our key to possibly sign-and-trading for someone during the 2010 bonanza.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #327
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

However, people need to remember that Damp is our key to possibly sign-and-trading for someone during the 2010 bonanza.
To me, Joe Johnson is plenty of BONANZA.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #328
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Get the deal done, please. Marion is like one of the best pieces left and im sure he is able to be back at least like 80% of that old suns guy (and that guy was pretty good )

Kidd 32 / Barea 14 / Tony Parker 0
Josh 20 / Terry 28 / Carroll 0
Marion 28 / Josh 18 / leftover 2
Dirk 38 / Marion 10 / Singleton 0
Gortat 24 / Damp 24 / Hollins 0

George / Williams / Wright

Wright i guess could go to the Raps to start there for Parker (if gone) or backup the 2 and 3. Barea i dont see hopefully on SG, specially if Wright stays or Ross is coming too.

Bass will be gone for sure, there isnt much place or need for him since Marion can play PF without problems. I hope we can do at least a S&T and pick up a pick or a cheap talent.

So bring Marion and sign Hollins and Singleton, i love these guys.

That would put us at least much closer to the big western teams and we still have the Damp and Josh-chip.

Would be a pretty good offseason and a perfect one if Gortat can produce his 12min Stats over to 24-30min.

PS: No way the Hawks trade JJ. They just add Craw and brought Bibby back, they wanna win...

Last edited by sefant77; 07-07-2009 at 02:29 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #329
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Get the deal done, please. Marion is like one of the best pieces left
like, totally!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #330
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If indeed there is a bonanza.

Can Damp also be used as at the trade deadline next year? I know that might seem like a lousy time to take on a contract, but if they set themselves up and are feeling good about making a run and there's someone they can get... I guess this trade deadline might be unusual as trade deadlines go.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #331
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
If indeed there is a bonanza.

Can Damp also be used as at the trade deadline next year? I know that might seem like a lousy time to take on a contract, but if they set themselves up and are feeling good about making a run and there's someone they can get... I guess this trade deadline might be unusual as trade deadlines go.
Next year as in next February? Yes.

Damp's contract gets more valuable the longer you wait. At the deadline he'll be a large expiring contract.

During next offseason he'll be a fully non-guaranteed 10M chip. Think the Stack chip x 2 (in savings at least.)

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #332
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

If this doesn't go through I'm going to have a serious case of blue balls. Really scored draft, mle, and Stackwise.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #333
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Next year as in next February? Yes.

Damp's contract gets more valuable the longer you wait. At the deadline he'll be a large expiring contract.

During next offseason he'll be a fully non-guaranteed 10M chip. Think the Stack chip x 2 (in savings at least.)
It's a $13MM chip right?

If the actually cap goes down imagine how valuable that would be. Not to mention the fact that both Damp and Josh are good players and will be playing for new contracts.

I love Joe Johnson and it wouldn't kill me if they pulled the trigger but I don't think I could.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #334
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
It's a $13MM chip right?

If the actually cap goes down imagine how valuable that would be. Not to mention the fact that both Damp and Josh are good players and will be playing for new contracts.

I love Joe Johnson and it wouldn't kill me if they pulled the trigger but I don't think I could.
because you'd be hoping for the Mavs to get who??

Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #335
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
It's a $13MM chip right?

Well...I'm not sure. The final year of his contract is 13 mil. So I suppose his cap figure transitions to the final numbers once the offseason hits, even if his contract hasn't been picked up.

I'd need DLord to clarify that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #336
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Dwyane Wade? Chris Bosh?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #337
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Dwyane Wade? Chris Bosh?
I think I'd prefer JJ to Bosh...and Wade??? That just doesn't seem possible.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #338
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I think I'd prefer JJ to Bosh...and Wade??? That just doesn't seem possible.
Keep in mind, a player signing a max contract makes more money if he signs through a sign and trade with his original team.

So these big guns are already going to be looking for sign and trades first, if at all possible.

Combine that info with the fact that the cap is almost certainly going down, and you realize that if you're willing to take on money have the biggest expiring contract in the NBA, you're in pretty good shape.

Take it a step further and realize that your giant expiring contract isn't just expiring, it's 100% non-guaranteed, meaning the team receiving it can cut the player and pay NOTHING...well now you're in even better shape.

Just saying, Damp's contract could end up being incredibly valuable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #339
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Too early to tell. I'll admit, it probably wouldn't be anybody better then Joe Johnson but whoever it was you'd have him and you'd still have josh.

Of course i'm assuming that he'll play well this year.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #340
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Too early to tell. I'll admit, it probably wouldn't be anybody better then Joe Johnson but whoever it was you'd have him and you'd still have josh.

Of course i'm assuming that he'll play well this year.
yeah...I feel ya. But I don't think I could turn down JJ this year if its there.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #341
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
yeah...I feel ya. But I don't think I could turn down JJ this year if its there.
Lucky for you he won't be
Old 07-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #342
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Lucky for you he won't be
triple true

Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #343
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dwyane Wade? Chris Bosh?
Don't think Wade and Dirk can work together. Their hate of eachother seems very genuine looking from the outside. Bosh plays the same position as Dirk, and he is no center.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #344
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Barack Obama shoots like Shawn Marion.

That is all.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #345
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Barack Obama shoots like Shawn Marion.

That is all.
Who do you think taught Marion to shoot??? Common knowledge.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #346
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ok, let's continue the 2010/Damp trade discussion here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #347
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Does a Bass for Marion sign & trade make sense? Bass is likely gone if we get Marion anyway, and it would mean some pretty good value in return for Toronto. I would think they could use some interior depth.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #348
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well...I'm not sure. The final year of his contract is 13 mil. So I suppose his cap figure transitions to the final numbers once the offseason hits, even if his contract hasn't been picked up.

I'd need DLord to clarify that.
My guess would be there is a date like the August 1 with Stack where the contract becomes guaranteed if he's still on his team's roster. Probably doesn't make much difference either way, though, if you're talking about dealing him next offseason.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #349
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
My guess would be there is a date like the August 1 with Stack where the contract becomes guaranteed if he's still on his team's roster. Probably doesn't make much difference either way, though, if you're talking about dealing him next offseason.
The date is August 10th. The question is if you trade him now what's his cap figure?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #350
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
The date is August 10th. The question is if you trade him now what's his cap figure?
DLord basically answered it in his latest column. He said that next season Damp can match salaries up to 16.xx mil. So that means he will be a 13mil trade chip.

So even more valuable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #351
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
DLord basically answered it in his latest column. He said that next season Damp can match salaries up to 16.xx mil. So that means he will be a 13mil trade chip.

So even more valuable.
That's so sweet.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #352
sike
The Preacha

anyone heard any official sounding rumors about Marion today? All I've heard is the Ticket Tickers...but we know how reliable that is.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #353
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My bad. I thought you guys were talking about next summer. If you trade him now, then I guess you mean you trade him at your first opportunity (as early as tomorrow)...meaning another year has rolled over and next season's numbers are the one you use.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #354
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Sefko reports the Raptors want Marcus Banks to be included in the deal.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ion-talks.html
Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #355
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

what will happen to Josh, if we get Marion?
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #356
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
Becomes our new starting SG. Or becomes our best trade asset. I like Josh too much as a person to move him though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #357
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
that's your 3000th post.

and to answer your question, Josh is traded or plays SG.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #358
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This won't be the last time it is said but "Josh ain't going anywhere"! Dang it.

I rest my case.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #359
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Just keep the team after these moves, trade Josh and Damp at the deadline for Johnson and another star

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #360
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One nice thing about this..we will know tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest if it's going to happen or not. Whereas we have to wait another 9 gays for the Gortat thing to be official.

So let's assume this goes through, Gortat is here, Kidd signs, and the plan is to roll with Marion/Josh as your 2/3. Assume some sort of filler is sent in the trade, but not Wright.

What do you want from the LLE?
Anthony Parker, Rodney Carney, Quis?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dammit horse, nine whole gays