Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I can't fathom winning. It's too unbelievable for Dirk to win a ring, here. My mind can't realistically wrap around that at this time unfortunately. It's like some dark cloud is hovering over this citys sports since the famous parade plans. Maybe next year when we get a little more help.

We are expected to get past an extremely tough western conference then beat the Cleveland Sterns and his precious LBJ. yeah right. That would be cause for a N.O. Saints like celebration around here! Imo, We could be looking at worst case scenario: OKC who to me is scarier than phx, DEN, L.A. then CAVS. That would be a supreme feat.
OKC will be scary 2 years from now, right now, our experience will get us by them in a relatively short series 4-1. Once OKC learns the ropes of a playoff grind, they will be scary. Cle will be scary, we will get a well rested Lebron, he's learning bits from what Kobe and MJ have done, run the marathon. Plus with the ultimate playoff halfcourt player in Shaq.......very, very unfavorable matchup.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
OKC will be scary 2 years from now, right now, our experience will get us by them in a relatively short series 4-1. Once OKC learns the ropes of a playoff grind, they will be scary. Cle will be scary, we will get a well rested Lebron, he's learning bits from what Kobe and MJ have done, run the marathon. Plus with the ultimate playoff halfcourt player in Shaq.......very, very unfavorable matchup.
LOL Shaq is done. Even if he had some left, we got Dampier and Haywood who are great against traditional centers. And OKC is the worst first round matchup we could possibly get. I'll take the Spurs.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 03-16-2010 at 04:47 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
LOL Shaq is done. Even if he had some left, we got Dampier and Haywood who are great against traditional centers. And OKC is the worst first round matchup we could possibly get. I'll take the Spurs.
True, I guess I still see the Shaq circa 2002.

I don't know, OKC has never been there, Kidd-Dirk, will get in the officials ears. Though I can see Westbrook being a difference maker against Kidd, but without a patented jump shot, Kidd should be able to handle him man to man.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
True, I guess I still see the Shaq circa 2002.

I don't know, OKC has never been there, Kidd-Dirk, will get in the officials ears. Though I can see Westbrook being a difference maker against Kidd, but without a patented jump shot, Kidd should be able to handle him man to man.

Westbrook runs circles around Kidd. He has done whatever he wants for the most part. We have flat out gotten beat by OKC and I do not like that matchup. I would rather have Phx, S.A., Portland and maybe even Utah. Idk, I get flashbacks of when we beat Utah out of nowhere a long time ago in the first round.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Westbrook runs circles around Kidd. He has done whatever he wants for the most part. We have flat out gotten beat by OKC and I do not like that matchup. I would rather have Phx, S.A., Portland and maybe even Utah. Idk, I get flashbacks of when we beat Utah out of nowhere a long time ago in the first round.
The Thunder are 1-2 against the Mavs and that one win was the first game after the trade. In those games, Westbrook is averaging 17 ppg on 41% shooting (right around his season numbers) and Durant is 22.3 ppg on 30% shooting (well below his average).

Last edited by aurelino9; 03-16-2010 at 09:23 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
The Thunder are 1-2 against the Mavs and that one win was the first game after the trade. In those games, Westbrook is averaging 17 ppg on 41% shooting (right around his season numbers) and Durant is 22.3 ppg on 30% shooting (well below his average).
We got pretty lucky to win the 2nd game and won by 1 pt and the last game they took it to us. We may be up 1-2 but they have the upper hand because they won the last fight. They are confident against us and would have nothing to lose in a first round series.

Idk what you are trying to say about Westbrooks shooting % as far as my post goes. It has nothing to do with him getting anywhere he wanted to go with the ball for the most part.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
We got pretty lucky to win the 2nd game and won by 1 pt and the last game they took it to us. We may be up 1-2 but they have the upper hand because they won the last fight. They are confident against us and would have nothing to lose in a first round series.

Idk what you are trying to say about Westbrooks shooting % as far as my post goes. It has nothing to do with him getting anywhere he wanted to go with the ball for the most part.
You dismiss the 1-point win as lucky but what about the loss right after AS break? The new members of the team couldn't even practice once and were thrust in a 4-games-in-5-nights schedule. There's one more game left and that will be a better indicator of the strengths of the respective teams. My point was that Westbrook hasn't been killing the Mavs. His shooting % is actually below his season %.

This discussion is moot because OKC will most probably be 4/5 seed and we won't see them (unless they beat the Lakers in the next round).

Last edited by aurelino9; 03-17-2010 at 11:08 AM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote