Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafer Alston has been arrested for a second time

Houston Rockets guard Rafer Alston has been arrested for a second time in three weeks - this time on a charge that he "slashed" a man in a Manhattan club on Monday.

He was also arrested on Aug. 5 for allegedly shaking a parking attendant and spitting in his face during a drunken rage after his car was towed. The latest trouble started when a member of Alston's entourage got into an argument with a 41-year-old man at the club. It quickly escalated into a brawl, and at one point Alston slashed the man, sources said.

Alston's attorneys say that he's innocent and both cases are motivated by money. But with so much competition at point guard in Houston, Alston has probably officially lost his job, and possibly his spot on the roster.
Source: New York Post
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if the Rockets would be interested in Jason Terry.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Name your kid something weird like Rafer, and this sort of thing is bound to happen.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber
Houston Rockets guard Rafer Alston has been arrested for a second time in three weeks - this time on a charge that he "slashed" a man in a Manhattan club on Monday.

He was also arrested on Aug. 5 for allegedly shaking a parking attendant and spitting in his face during a drunken rage after his car was towed. The latest trouble started when a member of Alston's entourage got into an argument with a 41-year-old man at the club. It quickly escalated into a brawl, and at one point Alston slashed the man, sources said.

Alston's attorneys say that he's innocent and both cases are motivated by money. But with so much competition at point guard in Houston, Alston has probably officially lost his job, and possibly his spot on the roster.
Source: New York Post
Your forum name is absolutely hilarious to me....You just dont know what that name means to me ;-) Most people dont have a clue about what we call a dirt-dobber. My grandparents lived in the country and they were full of dirt-dobbers. In the south, we called them dirt-dobbers, and it was the black ones that did not sting you. The red ones were the ones that could sting you...Just wanted to let you know, that you made my day, and it brought back great memories of my youth in the summertime many,many years ago.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

(thanks Smoov)

At least there is no mention of pitbulls in this story.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Terry would put the Rockets over the top. Do not trade JET to Houston.

Rafer getting arrested again might help them out in the long run and release that glut at PG.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

...ever since Steve ex-Franchise came back--Alston Depression.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

rafer has further cemented the stereotype of street ballers being ghetto.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i thought you were working and can't post til you got home ty?

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
rafer has further cemented the stereotype of street ballers being ghetto.
Van Gundy wasn't street baller or ghetto. And he looked like he got his drink on.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 08-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
i thought you were working and can't post til you got home ty?
I live a dangerous life for D-Mavs.com.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
alby
Guru

is it worth it Ty?

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
ty
Diamond Member

I live life on the edge. =O

Old 08-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
alby
Guru

skip to my lou needs to make a comeback to and1. the tour is slowly dying...

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
skip to my lou needs to make a comeback to and1. the tour is slowly dying...
That would be like, MJ's return to the NBA after playing baseball--he just didn't belong...

Well, not really, but sorta.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #16
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Skip to my Cell
Old 08-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

are Paris/Lohan in prison at the moment?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #18
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

this is terrible news, rafer has been a key component in Houston not advancing past the first round of the playoffs
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:24 AM   #19
ty
Diamond Member

Steve Francis - 2008 Houston Rockets Starting Point Guard

Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just to be fair: Charges dropped, Alston cleared.

Quote:
Rafer Alston off hook in club feud

By Jose Martinez
Daily News Staff Writer

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 4:00 AM

NBA player Rafer Alston has been cleared of charges that he stabbed a man in the neck outside a Chelsea nightclub.

Manhattan prosecutors asked a judge Friday to drop assault and attempted assault charges against the Houston Rockets point guard, who was accused last August of slashing a man outside Stereo on W. 29th St.

"While the victim suffered serious knife wounds, there are questions about when and where the victim was injured," said Barbara Thompson, a spokesman for the district attorney's office. "For that reason, the people are unable to prove the case against [Alston] beyond a reasonable doubt."

Alston, an eight-year NBA veteran who graduated from Cardozo High School in Queens, had been accused of stabbing 41-year-old Wilbert Ashman with a knife following a dispute at the club.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #21
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

lol.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Alston has a third run in with the police

Rockets Guard Rafer Alston Charged With DWI
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5939336.html

Houston Rockets point guard Rafer Alston is due in court Thursday for an arraignment on a misdemeanor drunken driving charge.

Alston, 32, was arrested about 2:30 a.m. last Thursday and released on a $500 bond, police records show. A call to his agent, Dan Fegan, was not immediately returned Tuesday. The Rockets had no immediate comment, team spokesman Nelson Luis said.

The arrest was first reported by KRIV-TV in Houston.

Alston has had other brushes with the law.

Last August, Alston was charged with misdemeanor assault and public intoxication in Houston after a confrontation with a parking-lot attendant. About three weeks later, he was arrested in New York City after an alleged altercation in a nightclub, although charges in that case were later dropped.

Alston averaged 13.1 points and 5.3 assists last season.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Guy can't stay out of trouble.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #24
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

At least he's clean during the season, but he needs to stop making the news in the offseason. At least for things like this.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #25
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

ha, bad for him~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

damnit horse
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Small world... Along with Damon Stoudamire, Melvin Ely, John Lucas Jr., Maurice Taylor, and about 20+ other very serious younger players, I got to observe Rafer running shooting drills and being extremely brash and loud at John Lucas' basketball camp at my downtown Houston gym about a week ago.

That's the only time I've seen him at my gym- and I only saw him there because I had the day off and was working out in the mid-afternoon instead of my usual morning time- but based on the high level of loud BS talking and arrogant way that the fella seemed to carry himself on that one occasion, I'd say that it's not hard for me to see how his particular demeanor is probably well suited to getting him involved with things like drunken spitting and slashing club incidents and recklessly dangerous speeding/DUI episodes...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Brutha needs to get a member of the entourage to drive the car.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote