Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
TexasSportsFan4

TexasSportsFan4 is on a distinguished road
Default Mav's Playoff Tickets

I'm going to be in Dallas April 21st-April 25th and I'm wondering when will Mav's playoff tickets go on sale, and will there be any chance at all that I, not being a season ticket holder or anything, would have a chance at getting 2 to a home game that would fall on one of those dates? I would imagine most if not everything will probably go to season ticket holders, but I just want in the building I don't care where the seat is.

Also, if I'm not able to get any at face value directly from the Mav's, what price range would you guess the cheapest seats would be going for on ebay for 2?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

During the playoffs there are usually a limited number (2000 or so) that go on sale simultaneously at ticketmaster.com and the Ticketmaster outlets. They typically go on sale at about 10 am on the first day possible (the first day it is known for certain that a game will be played). Watch mavs.com and they will usually tell you when they're scheduled to go on sale.

With that said... they are extremely hard to get. I tried hard all throughout the playoffs last year and was never able to get anything.

If it's an early round of the playoffs, I would expect the cheapest seats ($10 face) on ebay or on the mavs trading post to be going for $60-80.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #3
TexasSportsFan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogE
During the playoffs there are usually a limited number (2000 or so) that go on sale simultaneously at ticketmaster.com and the Ticketmaster outlets. They typically go on sale at about 10 am on the first day possible (the first day it is known for certain that a game will be played). Watch mavs.com and they will usually tell you when they're scheduled to go on sale.

With that said... they are extremely hard to get. I tried hard all throughout the playoffs last year and was never able to get anything.

If it's an early round of the playoffs, I would expect the cheapest seats ($10 face) on ebay or on the mavs trading post to be going for $60-80.
Ok thanks a lot for the info. I may be able to go $60-80ish a piece. It will be the 1st round so that betters my chances of getting something cheaper. This is my first time in Dallas (I'm from Indiana) and I can't wait. I would think theres almost a 100% chance that they would have a home playoff game during the dates I will be there and I want to see AAC and the Mavs really bad. I'm hoping the Stars will be in the playoffs at that time too. We are definitly going to see 2-4 Rangers games depending on how the playoff schedules turn out and whether or not we can get tickets if either or both teams are in the playoffs.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
This is my first time in Dallas (I'm from Indiana) and I can't wait. I would think theres almost a 100% chance that they would have a home playoff game during the dates I will be there and I want to see AAC and the Mavs really bad. I'm hoping the Stars will be in the playoffs at that time too. We are definitly going to see 2-4 Rangers games depending on how the playoff schedules turn out and whether or not we can get tickets if either or both teams are in the playoffs.
You're gonna have a blast. I just moved back to Dallas from Ohio and was only able to see the Mavs a few times in Indianapolis over the last 5 years. Being at a home game for them is so much more fun, I think.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
TexasSportsFan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurzburgBorn
You're gonna have a blast. I just moved back to Dallas from Ohio and was only able to see the Mavs a few times in Indianapolis over the last 5 years. Being at a home game for them is so much more fun, I think.
Definitly. Especially considering AAC is the best arena in the NBA IMO. I have been to Conseco Fieldhouse as well and it is very nice but AAC just looks much better. I'm in Southern Indiana basically a suburb of Louisville, KY and I hate it here and plan to move to Dallas within the next 5 years or so. I don't see any reason why I won't love it in Dallas and I hope to go back more before I'm able to actually move there permanantly. I can't wait to see how the new Cowboys stadium is coming along, I think its probably going to be the best one in the NFL.