Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default Rigged NBA

Check out http://www.riggednba.com
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

Was it made by a Mav fan?

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah-vit-ski
Don't know. But it's interesting to see of the near 900 people who took the survey, only 42% think NBA Finals weren't rigged, while about 47% think they were.

I'd guess more than half of the 42% would be Heat fans, who are in a defensive mode trying to ensure their ring isn't tarnished, while a much smaller portion of the 47% would be the disgruntled Mavs' fans who may feel cheated. I think the feeling nationwide is more in tune with the latter.

I also think, it's just unfortunate for the league and I hope they'd do something concrete to address the issue!
Old 07-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

They will do something concrete....they'll play another season...knowing Americans have short attention spans and memories. Only the real hardcore fans will remember and they aren't that affraid of losing them.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter either way. After WWF admitted they were all show and no go, the ratings went up. They are still making the "movies", and still raking in the $$$$.

I have absolutely no clue if it is rigged or not.......but don't think it matters either way. It makes $$$$, and is entertainment. Don't lose sleep over the outcome.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't part of this forum during the playoffs, so pardon me if these stats have already gone around:

Dwayne Wade Free Throw Attempts

Regular Season: 10.7 per game
First Round of Playoffs (Bulls): 8 per game
2nd Round of Playoffs (Nets): 10.6 per game
Conference Finals (Pistons): 8.7 per game
NBA Finals (Mavs): 16.7 PER GAME

Amazing.....
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

It is so time to get over this. Look, i had my pity party/the mavs got screwed phase too but good lord, its time to get over it and look towards next year. The way i see it, you can look at it one of two ways Either it is rigged in which case we may as well not watch anymore or find another team to root for or it isnt rigged and we should quit complaining about it. I choose the latter. Do the refs influence games? Of course they do but they influence games in every sport and all during the year in the nba, yes even in games the mavs won. The nba isnt rigged. There is just no way logistically to pull it off. If even one person admitted it the nba would be done.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I don't think it is rigged at all. But I do think it is important to realize that for whatever reason...skill, good at drawing calls, whatever, that Wade is going to get more than his share of free throws. It is just one more thing to accept and it is up to the rest of the league to figure out how to beat the Heat anyway. I see it as a challenge .. and I am confident that the Mavs can figure it out in the offseason.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

It's not rigged, but there is obvious Wade/Lebron favortism with foul calls.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I cant say that it was rigged, but you can't tell me that Dirk have the skill or didnt know how to draw fouls. Mavs lost this series, but the refs decided at the beginning that they weren;t going to call the fouls that Dirk had convinced refs to call in previous series while giving Wade any foul that he earned through bravery or flat-out acting. It's easy to take when your team's star gets treated like a superstar. It's REALLY hard to take when your star gets the star treatment and suddenly gets treated like a rookie out there-- getting slammed, wrists slapped, and so forth without calls when Wade is getting some of the BS calls that Wade got. It's IMPOSSIBLE to view the NBA with any respect when there is THAT much variance in the reffing between series. It's one thing to have a superstar-league, another when two sets of games can be called that differently.

Either the league is a superstar league or its a league where the rules are evenly applied. Thats my opinion.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-27-2006 at 09:40 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #11
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Erica, I agree with you. Absolutely. Dirk was getting calls in the SA and Phoenix series, that he did not get against the Heat. Still, I believe we can, for whatever reason, expect that next year Wade will get the same calls. Not sure what will happen with Dirk. The Mavs and the rest of the league should make it a goal to keep Wade at or under 15 attempts per game in the playoffs. That should be the goal. If he starts getting 20 (like in games 5 and 6) , then it is back to the drawing board and the Mavs braintrust will have to figure something else out. It makes the Heat harder to beat, but not impossible. I have confidence that Avery can come up with a new plan A and a new plan B for Wade in the offseason. I think it is unrealistic to think we can keep Wade under 10 ft attempts per game. I would figure 15 Wade ft attempts into the equation and assume we have to be that much better next year.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #12
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz zzzzzzzzzzz....
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #13
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Join em' cause you'll never beat em'!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #14
V2M
Diamond Member

TMac thinks (along with quite a few of his NBA friends!) the finals were rigged... listen to thim at KILT AM, SportsRadio 610: http://www.sportsradio610.com/Article.asp?id=93926
Of course, you'd have to click on the link "Tracy McGrady 08-01-06" on that page.

He also says, Shaq's like a big brother to him but he was rooting for the Mavs since he felt like they are the same team that the Rockets took to game 7, a year ago... and that shows the Rockets aren't too far off. He also mentions his back's totally healthy now.

After listening to the interview, I'm a fan of him now. A healthy TMac paired with Dirk... a guaranteed title!

Last edited by V2M; 08-01-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #15
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah-vit-ski

Definatly.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote