Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough
Default Magloire to jailblazers for junk

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/or...540.xml&coll=7

the Blazers will acquire former All-Star center Jamaal Magloire from the Milwaukee Bucks for point guard Steve Blake and reserve centers Brian Skinner and Ha Seung Jin.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Thats terrible, junk is the perfect word for what the Bucks get back.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

wow.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Magloire is a fairly respectable center. That's surprising.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If their young players can amount to something, they might not be that bad off.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Steve Blake is pretty decent

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

decent don't win to many games...

I like Magloire's game...stuff and fairly skilled.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Why are the Bucks giving up on Magliore so soon? I guess they need more bench fodder and think Bogut is much better. I haven't watched him much but insn't Bogut just a rich man's Luke Longley.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:07 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Bogut's got a bit more street in his game that dear old Longley....could be a good player

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I might actually go to a portland game when they arent playing dallas tihs year, they are looking a lot more interesting.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:29 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

where you livin, ffo?

Old 07-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

right across the river from portland, in washington
Old 07-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

well that stinks for any Mavs fan...

Magloire should help bring some toughness to that young team

Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

I was already exciting because of the two rookies they got in the top 7 picks or whatever, but now I'm even more excited.

If we could get rid of miles and randolph this could possibly be the best off season ever.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

I love Randolph's game...and hate his head/heart.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

I hate everything about him, he's the anti-dirk
Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

you hate his game? a six nine powerplayer with a nice touch from 17...yeah...thats trash

Last edited by sike; 07-31-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #18
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Magloire should be happy about this though... from what I hear Aldridge will need to be developed and Magloire is in his contract year. He could put up some pretty good numbers in Portland and land himself a juicy contract.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #19
fluid.forty.one

sike.. he's trash because he never tries, even on the few games per year he actually plays.

and tokey don't you think aldridge will play the 4, not the 5? either way they have plenty of big men so I think he will be developed, but I think the blazers have one more move left in them.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:22 AM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
I haven't watched him much but insn't Bogut just a rich man's Luke Longley.
I don't know that Bogut will ever be more than a star, but at worst I'd say he's a billionaire's Luke Longley. Not a dis on Longley either, but Bogut wasn't the first pick for nothing. Kid's got a pedigree.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 08-01-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #21
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Aldridge could play both the 4 behind Randolph or the 5 behind Magloire which is great for them, but I also forgot about the Raef aquisition so it is likely that he will be backing Zach. For the record I dont like Randolph either but maybe he just looks like a slacker after that micro surgery that slowed him down a step.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

Maybe they are willing to throw away another season and have aldrige start with raef backing him up... get the kid lots of playing time early.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Terrible trade for the Bucks.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote