Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute
Default STEVE Nash and the Knicks

On espn.com it talks about steve nash worked out with the Knicks, but i dont have espn insider, does anybody care to comment about this one? Whats going on??

thanks in advance
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

It doesnt say that, it says he worked out with New York..and they mean their major league socer team

Quote:
Nash practices with MLS squad

Jane Havsy
The Daily Record
Aug. 11, 2006 12:00 AM

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Amado Guevara recognized the newcomer in the Red Bull New York locker room almost immediately. The Honduran midfielder just didn't believe Steve Nash was really there. The Suns guard, who grew up playing soccer, trained with the Major League Soccer team on Thursday morning.

"I recognized him anyway, that kind of personality," Guevara said of the two-time NBA MVP, who shaved his trademark shaggy locks after the season. "With hair or without hair, you know that face. I believe playing basketball I'm better, and playing soccer he's better."

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound Nash blended right into the Red Bulls usual practice on the freshly laid sod at Giants Stadium. Half-seriously, Red Bulls coach Bruce Arena warned midfielders Danny O'Rourke and Dema Kovalenko - who has broken two opponents' legs - not to tackle Nash, because he didn't "want to send back the MVP of the NBA in an ambulance." Nash was treated gingerly, like a quarterback wearing a red jersey. But when O'Rourke asked Nash to join in a post-practice two-touch drill, he accepted with childlike glee.

"I had a blast," said Nash, who supports Tottenham Hotspur in the English Premier League, and now the Red Bulls. "It's a dream come true for me. I'm just a converted soccer player."

Born in South Africa, Nash played youth soccer in Vancouver, but switched to basketball in eighth grade. He was swayed by childhood friends and the mystique of Michael Jordan, whose shoe commercials were constantly on television. Yet Nash also played high school soccer, and said winning the provincial championship is "one of my fondest memories in sports." He'd hoped to play both sports at Santa Clara University, but that idea was quickly nixed by the basketball coach.

Nash's father, John, played professional soccer in South Africa and England. His brother, Martin, a former midfielder for the Canadian national team, is currently with the Vancouver Whitecaps in the United Soccer Leagues' first division.

"Technically, he's good," Arena said, joking that Nash could afford to sign a MLS developmental contract and stay with the Red Bulls.

"The thing he has, which he also has in basketball, is a brain. He's a very sharp and alert guy. It's a pleasure to see."

The Red Bulls host FC Barcelona in an exhibition at Giants Stadium on Saturday night. More than 60,000 tickets have been sold. Nash, who lives in Manhattan with his wife, Alejandra, and their twin daughters during the off-season, is looking forward to it. He attended three early-round World Cup matches in Germany, as well as the semifinals and Italy's victory over France on penalty kicks in the championship match.

Nash wouldn't mind subbing into the Barcelona match himself.

"I don't care what my (basketball) coaches say," he said. "If they ask me to play, I'm playing."

Last edited by HexNBA; 08-11-2006 at 10:25 AM.
HexNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

funny thread.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

haha
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

He's 32 now... he's made all the money he may ever need... now, I think he needs to seriously consider switching to his dream sport... he may never get a chance later!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, I heard Nash was in Portland for a signing-- can anyone confirm?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

haha, turns out i am drunk..or that i can't read..well..both.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
haha, turns out i am drunk..or that i can't read..well..both.
lol

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote