Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Top 5 worst teams in the league next year

I think almost every team improved this offseason with their tweaks and draft picks and looking at the NBA I am really excited by crop of fairly good teams that are complete question marks (Bulls, Hornets, Bucks, Raps, Blazers, Bobcats, Magic, Celts, Hawks, Jazz... alright thats enough I guess) The point is I think a lot of teams will be unpredictable next year and that excites me.

That said there is still crappy teams... so who do you think will be the 5 worst based on everything thats happened during this offseason so far? My list in no particular order...

1) Seatle - So they draft another center and have what to look forward to exactly? Allen getting older? You have to think that Lewis will want to leave sooner or later, that team has no future. At least they are in a crappy division.

2) Warriors - I like youth dont get me wrong... but this team just doesnt make sense to me, they just dont win and this year in the west it will be no different since they didnt improve very much anyway. The rest of their division is easily ahead of them.

3) New York - Bad contracts galore, they will be happy to develop their young talent but will it be enough to win some games? Still cant believe they passed on Marcus Williams.

4)Timberwolves - I would personally like to thank these guys for overpaying Mike James and keeping him away from our team. You still wont be contenders... sorry.

5) 76'ers - Just a big question mark for me, they could trade AI to develop some young talent but if they keep him what do they do from here? I think the majority of other teams are still superior even if they have Iverson so they might as well use this season to get something for him. Celtics or Atlanta only seem logical.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

1. Spurs
2. Spurs
3. Spurs
4. Pismo Beach Panthers
5. San Ant_ni_
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Rockettes. Another McGrady letdown away from the lottery.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
1. Spurs
2. Spurs
3. Spurs
4. Pismo Beach Panthers
5. San Ant_ni_

Pismo Beach Panthers!!!! Classic Nellie.

Actually it goes like this

1. Knicks with Isiah Thomas
2. Knicks without Isiah Thomas
3. Knicks with coach after that
4. Knicks with dramatic roster change after that
5. Knicks back with Isiah Thomas
Old 07-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Knicks --- could easily be 1-5
2) Bobcats --- too young and just don't have the players yet
3) Portland --- too much turmoil
4) Atlanta --- too many ownership issues
5) Toronto --- will be better, but still a few years away, too young

Minn, 76ers could easily be on this list, but each team has a star that will keep them from being AWFUL --- they will just be bad. With new Seattle ownership, they could easily be on the list as well, but I am really uncertain about whether they will get better or worse short term (Ray Allen and RLewis are still formidable).
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The problem I have with Seatle is that they arent addressing their needs which is just confusing... now I dont care too much being a Mavs guy but if I was a fan I would be really depressed right now. I like Lewis and Allen is an amazing shooter but how much more does he have in him? Not a lot. And Lewis is a perfect sidekick but I dont think he can be the man of the franchise anytime soon.

The Bobcats might suprise a lot of people next year... I mean they do have a very young team but with Felton, Okafor, Wallace, and Morrison they will be pretty good once they develop some team chemistry. Those are some great role players right there.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

If the Bobcats stay healthy they could surprise a lot of people next year. They could actually be a decent conteder for a playoff spot, only because it's the east.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:32 AM   #8
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

1. Spurs
2. Heat with Dwayne Wade
3. Suns with Raja Bell
4. Spurs in general
5. Heat in general

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
Tokey41
Platinum Member

I'm seeing a pattern here...
Old 08-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Knicks, Raptors, Hawks, Blazers, Wolves

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pullin for my hometown blazers, so I'll try not to put them on the list... I definatly dont think the raptors deserve to be on their either.

Knicks, Hawks, Wolves, Warriors, Spurs after TD is so shocked from a call that he actually has a heart attack.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #12
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I'm pullin for my hometown blazers, so I'll try not to put them on the list... I definatly dont think the raptors deserve to be on their either.

Knicks, Hawks, Wolves, Warriors, Spurs after TD is so shocked from a call that he actually has a heart attack.

Nice post. I sometimes get annoyed when Mavs fans randomly make fun of the Spurs, but that was just hilarious. Anyway.........

5.Bobcats
4.Hawks
3.Sonics
2.Minnesota
1.Sixers

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I don't think the Bobcats will be that bad. They would have been alrite last year if they hadn't had so many injuries.