Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 07-08 Dallas-Mavs.com Fantasy Basketball League

For any and all Mav's faithful interested, I just started up a 12 team yahoo fantasy basketball league that will hopefully do a good job of upholding our long and proudly competitive traditions of D-M.com fantasy basketballery. Obviously, it would be great to see all of our old hands join up again, and fresh blood has always been welcome in D-M fantasy competition, so hopefully between those two prospective pools of fantasy basketball recruitment, I'd imagine that we'll be able to put together a pretty darned competitive league this season.

Also, considering the fact that both U2 and I have started up these leagues in the past, I'd say that if our good moderator also starts up an additional league, I'll gladly take part in that as well, and I'd highly encourage all of our old stalwarts to do the same. Here is the registration info for any fine folks who are interested in competing this year, and have a good one

League ID#: 55139
League Name: Dallas-Mavs.com League
Password: FatLever

Live Draft at 1:45pm CDT, on Saturday, Oct. 27 (two days before season tip-off)

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-02-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Lamar Mundane is in...
Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Lamar Mundane is in...
Awesome
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in

and this time I'm not going to skip draft day
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i'm in! thanks for setting this up!
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

you fear thesikedelics...admit it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ we're in by the way.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The more the merrier! Welcome aboard F41, Aex. and Sikey
Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Oh NO! Sike is playing again this year???!!! Only a massive rash of unexplainable injury (as in one league last leason) can give us a chance now!
I know I'm tough, evil.....but I'll go easy on you this year!

I have a league that I'm creating...I'll post it once Evil's league fills up...my draft date is the same day as this league...just earlier.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The Thigglers are IN!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Cletus Kassady
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Cletus Kassady
Carnage?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am in. I hope I am available for draft.... if not my team will look like my football team probably.

Anyway..... in!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Who is "Wakasha" in sike's new league?

edit....u2, your team name is wicked cool.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-03-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Who is "Wakasha" in sike's new league?

edit....u2, your team name is wicked cool.
Wakasha is a pal of mine.

U2, what does your team name stand for?

Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Wakasha is a pal of mine.

U2, what does your team name stand for?
Naa....I'm going to let him tell you. It's too deliciously nerdy.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Naa....I'm going to let him tell you. It's too deliciously nerdy.
something from harry potter?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have 2 teams so which one are you referring to?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Well I have 2 teams so which one are you referring to?
S.P.E.W.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
S.P.E.W.
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
something from harry potter?
bingo

Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Seeing as you are familiar with the movies at least.... you should know the origin of my OTHER team name.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Seeing as you are familiar with the movies at least.... you should know the origin of my OTHER team name.
What is it? I'm not in that one.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

"Avada Kedavra"

the killing curse

Old 10-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
"Avada Kedavra"

the killing curse
+10 points to sike's house, Hufflepuff
Old 10-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
+10 points to sike's house, Hufflepuff
The house for the gays. I think that was in Sorcerers Stone somewhere....
Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
The house for the gays. I think that was in Sorcerers Stone somewhere....
So.... Cedric played for the OTHER team?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
So.... Cedric played for the OTHER team?
he IS a Brit...

Old 10-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #29
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Carnage?

Not yet. The symbiote hasn't attached itself yet. Probably after the 1st or 2nd week, it'll bond.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Not yet. The symbiote hasn't attached itself yet. Probably after the 1st or 2nd week, it'll bond.
admit it...you are impressed that ol Sike knew that one

Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #31
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Well, eight down, three more to go (after factoring in a reserved spot for FluidFortyOne)... Obviously we've still got room, but it should be gone soon, so if anybody reading this is interested in competing, I'd advise you to register now. Of course, if we close out our twelve roster spots in the next day or so and anybody else expresses an interest in joining the league, I'd be happy to consider expanding the league to 14 teams, but we'll just have to see about that. Here are the currently registered squads:

Cletus Kassady (Nash13)
Avada Kedavra (U2)
Bear Run Ballers
The Thigglers
TheSikedelics
Lamar Mundane (Dirno)
Team AEXCHANGE
Evil Defiant

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-03-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

sikey the bear says: "just say no to 14 teams!"

Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #33
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

The Manic Monkeys have entered their first ever NBA season. (Or any fantasy sports for that matter...)
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #34
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Count me in.
I'm gonna sectumsempra your asses.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #35
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
admit it...you are impressed that ol Sike knew that one

I figured you knew. You're always in the comic threads.

~The Salesman
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I figured you knew. You're always in the comic threads.
ouch.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #37
sike
The Preacha

we need only 1 more team in this league...hurry up someone!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #38
sike
The Preacha

We need one person in my custom league

its loaded with old favs...

be the first to sign up and fill out the league..

League ID: 56006

password: abcdefg

do it now!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #39
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Ummmy is in...

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

flaco is always talking about how he hates his crabs...is that the same thing as your team ummmok?