Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #81
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Tarpley, Hodge, Popeye...who am I missing? Those were the days.
You got 'em all except for #43 Big Terry Davis (unlike Fat, I've got one of his jerseys) and his #34 Doug Smith. Those were the days, indeed ...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:37 AM   #82
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damnit, is that Doug Smith and Terry Davis?
Exactly
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
You got 'em all except for #43 Big Terry Davis (unlike Fat, I've got one of his jerseys) and his #34 Doug Smith. Those were the days, indeed ...
Unlike the sad and bemoaned bust that was Doug Smith (being lumped with Randy White didn't help him any), Terry Davis was actually quite the contributor for these Mavs. May he rest eternal as one of the big men greats who have graced this beloved franchise with his will and expertise.

We remember you fondly, big TD. Those with your jerseys and those, miserably, without.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #84
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Evil, what do you figure a game-worn Randy White jersey would go for these days?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 AM   #85
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Evil, what do you figure a game-worn Randy White jersey would go for these days?
It depends on when and if you ever see it come up for auction. If you watch ebay fairly constantly, you'll see that old-school game-worn Mavs jerseys come up at a rate of about 5 or 6 a month, although more of them will float around before Christmas and during the NBA playoffs than they will at other times (right now there's only one, a game worn 94-95 Kidd jersey that's available if you have $1100 burning a hole in your pocket). Now, if a Randy White jersey ever did come up, it would be much more expensive in the 6-8 weeks before Christmas than at any other time of the year, but I still bet you could win it for about $350-400 at it's most expensive. At it's cheapest (say if you were buying it in July), it might fall as far as that Fat Lever jersey I mentioned, but it's more likely to be winnable in the $150-200 range- a price that's favorably comparable to a brand new authentic jersey if bought at retail prices..

If you collect this stuff, it's all about watching the auctions and maximizing the value of the pieces you buy. Of course, if you don't care about the money, and just want to buy a damned fine game-worn jersey without stalking them on ebay, the Mei Gray group has a contract with the Mavs to sell officially provenanced game-worns, and they have a huge selection of very expensive jerseys that are all fairly new (they used to have some Raefs and NVE's, but now most of their jerseys are 1-4 years old), and that can be easily browsed at their online website that's linked to at the official Mav's gear site...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #86
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Any new leagues?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:21 AM   #87
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
It depends on when and if you ever see it come up for auction. If you watch ebay fairly constantly, you'll see that old-school game-worn Mavs jerseys come up at a rate of about 5 or 6 a month, although more of them will float around before Christmas and during the NBA playoffs than they will at other times (right now there's only one, a game worn 94-95 Kidd jersey that's available if you have $1100 burning a hole in your pocket). Now, if a Randy White jersey ever did come up, it would be much more expensive in the 6-8 weeks before Christmas than at any other time of the year, but I still bet you could win it for about $350-400 at it's most expensive. At it's cheapest (say if you were buying it in July), it might fall as far as that Fat Lever jersey I mentioned, but it's more likely to be winnable in the $150-200 range- a price that's favorably comparable to a brand new authentic jersey if bought at retail prices..

If you collect this stuff, it's all about watching the auctions and maximizing the value of the pieces you buy. Of course, if you don't care about the money, and just want to buy a damned fine game-worn jersey without stalking them on ebay, the Mei Gray group has a contract with the Mavs to sell officially provenanced game-worns, and they have a huge selection of very expensive jerseys that are all fairly new (they used to have some Raefs and NVE's, but now most of their jerseys are 1-4 years old), and that can be easily browsed at their online website that's linked to at the official Mav's gear site...
Thanks very much. That's quite good to know. But...I'm thinking a Randy White gameworn out to be worth nigh north of four bills. After all, there are only so many.

I will keep my eyes on this, the jersey market. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

hi jacked

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #89
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Sorry for the hijacking ...

OK, now here is the final list for the teams competing, and the draft will be held at Thu Oct 18 10:45pm CDT (sorry for the late time for the draft, and if folks have lot of big problems with it I can try to change it, but draft slots are running very thin right now)...

alby (Alby)
Pocket Hercules (Scoobay2)
freshcanofwhup (FJ)
Utah Saints (Chumdawg)
Five-0s (5-0)
No Limits Ballers (Repomax)
Saber Riders (Pongo)
TheSikedelics (Mr. Sike)
Pluto's Mines (12 Tone)
DevinFuture'sCrew (DF)
Oce (Ocelot)
Black Tide (Me)
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #90
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry for the hijacking ...

OK, now here is the final list for the teams competing, and the draft will be held at Thu Oct 18 10:45pm CDT (sorry for the late time for the draft, and if folks have lot of big problems with it I can try to change it, but draft slots are running very thin right now)...

alby (Alby)
Pocket Hercules (Scoobay2)
freshcanofwhup (FJ)
Utah Saints (Chumdawg)
Five-0s (5-0)
No Limits Ballers (Repomax)
Saber Riders (Pongo)
TheSikedelics (Mr. Sike)
Pluto's Mines (12 Tone)
DevinFuture'sCrew (DF)
Oce (Ocelot)
Black Tide (Me)
the later time is actually good for me...I'm crazy busy on thursdays

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #91
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
where you been, Jive?
I still lurk around, but the firewall at work bans this site for "banned words". I'm pretty sure it' s the word "sike" that offends.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #92
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
I still lurk around, but the firewall at work bans this site for "banned words". I'm pretty sure it' s the word "sike" that offends.
ouch.

well its good to have ya around...one thing we certainly could use more of is Jive...and FreshJive at that!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #93
sike
The Preacha

well my computer froze and I missed my first two picks in yesterdays draft...I suppose getting Kidd 8th and Duncan 14th aint all bad...

Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #94
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

i overslept. draft was at 5.45am in germany. which was 2 hours after i went to bed

Last edited by Pongo; 10-19-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #95
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I just forgot about the draft altogether. Oh well...my team looks okay I suppose.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #96
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

sorry to miss the draft - but i'm pleased with my autopick for the most part
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #97
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Knew I was gonna miss the draft way in advance, but am pleased overall with the auto draft

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #98
sike
The Preacha

woah.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #99
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Ugh I can't make the draft tomorrow, I guess I'll just rank my players.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Ugh I can't make the draft tomorrow, I guess I'll just rank my players.
what draft is tomorrow?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #101
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what draft is tomorrow?
See, you are confused there sike. He said tomorrow yesterday... making it today. Now you read this today and think he's talking about tomorrow actually being tomorrow, in other words Sunday. So really you need to adjust your timetable so that you can actually realize that the tomorrow he was talking about we are living in right now... in other words today.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #102
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
See, you are confused there sike. He said tomorrow yesterday... making it today. Now you read this today and think he's talking about tomorrow actually being tomorrow, in other words Sunday. So really you need to adjust your timetable so that you can actually realize that the tomorrow he was talking about we are living in right now... in other words today.
Ah. It's all so clear now.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #103
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
you goober. so what league is this? is it full?

Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #104
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Im new to the whole fantasy thing and I something came up thats going to keep me away from the draft tomorrow. Im assuming I need to pre-rank my players. How many do I need to pre-rank?

Also, how do I make sure that I get the right positions? Is that taken care of automatically, or is there a chance my team could end up being, for example, all centers?

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 10-26-2007 at 12:54 PM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #105
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Hey, Im new to the whole fantasy thing and I something came up thats going to keep me away from the draft tomorrow. Im assuming I need to pre-rank my players. How many do I need to pre-rank?
at least 50-75(that only covers a few rounds)...but you should really try to be there...there is nothing as important as draft day in the entire league's season

Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #106
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Also, how do I make sure that I get the right positions? Is that taken care of automatically, or is there a chance my team could end up being, for example, all centers?
I think they will draft based on needed position...so no team has all centers....i think

Old 10-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #107
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
at least 50-75(that only covers a few rounds)...but you should really try to be there...there is nothing as important as draft day in the entire league's season

Yeah, and I'm really bummed that I can't go. I will be back home by about 4:00....is that too late? Can I jump in at that point if its still going?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Can I jump in at that point if its still going?
you know it...but I doubt it will still be going

Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #109
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Another exciting installment of David's "How the Hell does this thing work?"

Whats the difference pointwise of having my player on the bench, or as a utility, or starting, etc?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #110
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

bench players' stats don't count...

utility counts as do other set positions... utility just means you can put whoever in there, any position.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #111
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

So mostly the only reason I'd want to use a bench player is if one of my others is injured, or if they are for some reason sucking?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #112
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This is my first year doing Fantasy.

When it's your turn to Draft do they list the players in order of how good they are, or alphabetically. Cause it would be a real pain to have to search through the whole list every time.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #113
chumdawg
Guru

Dudes. Players on your bench don't score points for your team, much like players who wad up a Gatorade cup and toss it in the garbage can don't get points on the scoreboard. They have to be in the starting lineup to score.

Yahoo! ranks players by projected overall value (regardless the makeup of your probably ill-formed roster...that much is up to you). Of course, you may disagree, and that's the fun of the draft.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #114
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Dudes. Players on your bench don't score points for your team, much like players who wad up a Gatorade cup and toss it in the garbage can don't get points on the scoreboard. They have to be in the starting lineup to score.

Thanks, brah.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #115
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

are we in a d-m newbie fantasy league?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #116
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
are we in a d-m newbie fantasy league?
Quote:
Obviously, it would be great to see all of our old hands join up again, and fresh blood has always been welcome in D-M fantasy competition,

Don't blame me, I'm just adding in my welcomed fresh blood. Drink up.

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 10-28-2007 at 12:12 AM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #117
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

good luck! =]

newcomers always tend to do well in fantasy because old-timers tend to over-analyze each players' tendencies after a bad game or two at times.

so have fun =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 10-28-2007 at 12:16 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #118
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Don't blame me, I'm just adding in my welcomed fresh blood. Drink up.
Mayhap, I'll refrain from drinking anybody's blood, but it is darned good to have new Mavs fans participating in D-M fantasy leagues ...
Old 10-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #119
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have Dirk.

I am going to own
Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 AM   #120
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I'm in some other League but heres my roster:

PG Deron Williams
SG Josh Childress
G Jameer Nelson
SF Rudy Gay
PF Dirk Nowitzki
F Al Jefferson
C Andrew Bynum
C Andris Biedrins
Util Brad Miller
Util Luis Schola
Util Antonio McDyess