Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #121
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I came out okay for drafting 9th.

1. (9) Amare Stoudemire C
2. (12) Ray Allen SG
3. (29) Vince Carter SG,SF
4. (32) Caron Butler SF
5. (49) Leandro Barbosa PG
6. (52) Rajon Rondo PG,SG
7. (69) Elton Brand PF,C
8. (72) Ben Gordon SG
9. (89) Boris Diaw PF,C
10. (92) Shaquille O'Neal C
11. (109) Jason Kapono SG,SF
12. (112) Delonte West PG,SG
13. (129) Troy Murphy PF,C
14. (132) Charlie Bell SG,SF
15. (149) Jason Maxiell SF,PF
16. (152) Jorge Garbajosa PF,C
17. (169) Eddie Jones SG,SF

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #122
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Dudes. Players on your bench don't score points for your team, much like players who wad up a Gatorade cup and toss it in the garbage can don't get points on the scoreboard. They have to be in the starting lineup to score.
Scoobay posted
Quote:
bench players' stats don't count...
I could be wrong, but you guys seem to be misunderstanding some details here. And even if you do get it, I'll post this for anyone else who might not get it. I misunderstood this point the first time I fielded a fantasy team.

Not everyone on your roster plays everyday. So in order to manixmize the number of players who "score" fantasy points for you in a given day, you will need to move your "bench players" into your starting lineup when your bench players have games on days that your "starters" don't. You can move your players who have games into the starting lineup for each day ahead of time. So it's not that you actually have to make the changes daily.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #123
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If there are 10 people in the draft, would the 10th pick get the 11th pick also, and then the draft order goes backwards towards 20?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #124
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
If there are 10 people in the draft, would the 10th pick get the 11th pick also, and then the draft order goes backwards towards 20?
That is correct
Old 10-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #125
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

okay good
Old 10-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #126
fluid.forty.one

this is my first time doing a draft.. there were 10 players.. how did I do? (I picked 7th)

Shawn Marion
Pau Gasol
Josh Smith
Deron Williams
Antawn Jamison
Kirk Hinrich
Ron Artest
Luis Scola
Rudy Gay
Andrew Bogut
Erick Dampier
Andris Biedrins
Mickael Pietrus

Everything seems okay except my FT% sucks. Any input would be great.

oh and I know Damp is out for awhile but I needed another C and Pau will play his time at C. I needed the fg% boost and the rebounds once he gets back.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-28-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 AM   #127
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Boozer can play C. I love it.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #128
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

had some pretty strong drafts....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #129
fluid.forty.one

carlos boozer and randy foye

or

kirk hinrich and jamison

???
Old 10-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #130
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I'm excited about the season starting again tomorrow, but I'm almost equally as excited about the fantasy league starting. I have no idea how I'll do, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing in action. Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #131
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

How do you guys think JET will do as a fantasy player this season? I have him as one of my starters, but I'm worried now that he is officially 6th man material. How do those types of players usually affect a fantasy team?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #132
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll just have to wait and see how his minutes shake out. There are plenty of bench players that are serviceable in fantasy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #133
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
How do you guys think JET will do as a fantasy player this season? I have him as one of my starters, but I'm worried now that he is officially 6th man material. How do those types of players usually affect a fantasy team?
JET's got great percentages, very good threes, decent assists, OK steals, and even if he comes off the bench his production should remain very similar to the numbers he's put up over the last two seasons. All in all, JET should be a very nice complimentary player for you, as long as you aren't relying on him to be one of your principal assist guys...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #134
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

If I'm wanting to roughly estimate how I will do against an opponent, can I just add up the 06-07 stats in a category for all my on court players vs all theirs? I know the stats don't exist for this season yet, but barring injuries and major playing time changes for a player, is this a reasonable expectation of how the matchup will go? Or is there something I'm missing?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #135
DevinFuture

Quote:
If I'm wanting to roughly estimate how I will do against an opponent, can I just add up the 06-07 stats in a category for all my on court players vs all theirs? I know the stats don't exist for this season yet, but barring injuries and major playing time changes for a player, is this a reasonable expectation of how the matchup will go? Or is there something I'm missing?
Adding the stats up like that can sort of give you an idea, but so much changes from year to year with many players.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #136
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
carlos boozer and randy foye

or

kirk hinrich and jamison

???
I'd take Boozer and just about anyone....but seriously...Jamison and Kirk might rake in a bit more overall....I just don't know what I believe about Foye

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #137
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
that works much better with established players...it doesnt take into account the young guns that are about to blow up or any potential role shifts (ala Jason Terry) that might effect stats...but overall its probably the safest way to get a rough estimate.

personally, I like to base my fantasy opinion on whatever the opposite of evil's is....its done great for me thus far!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #138
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

How long before tipoff can you make a roster change regarding involved players?

Sorry for so many questions, thanks to everyone who's being patient with such a n00b.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #139
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I've done it 5 minutes before. But I've also seen it not let me 5 minutes before. I think it's "supposed" to be at tipoff, but I would try to get it in at least 15 minutes before tipoff.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #140
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I've done it 5 minutes before. But I've also seen it not let me 5 minutes before. I think it's "supposed" to be at tipoff, but I would try to get it in at least 15 minutes before tipoff.

Ok, cool. I thought I had read somewhere it had to be 24 hours or something.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #141
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Ok, cool. I thought I had read somewhere it had to be 24 hours or something.
usually right up to the tip...listen to U2's 15min advice

Old 10-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #142
fluid.forty.one

tip of the first game? or tip of each game.. you can't change your lineup in between games right?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #143
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you can change any roster spot right up until just before the scheduled tipoff time of every individual respective game in yahoo leagues- unless you are playing in a weekly league, in which case all roster changes are locked until Monday...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #144
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
I believe you can change any roster spot right up until just before the scheduled tipoff time of every individual respective game in yahoo leagues- unless you are playing in a weekly league, in which case all roster changes are locked until Monday...
Word
Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #145
fluid.forty.one

so if you have a full roster at the beginning of the day, but some games end early, you can sub in people off the bench between games?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:31 AM   #146
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

how are we doing guys?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #147
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so if you have a full roster at the beginning of the day, but some games end early, you can sub in people off the bench between games?
No. Once a player's game starts, that roster spot is locked in for the remainder of the day.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-31-2007 at 08:21 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 PM   #148
sike
The Preacha

I am in 5 hoop leagues and will win at least 2 of them.

you heard it here

Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #149
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I am in 5 hoop leagues and will win at least 2 of them.

you heard it here

You should probably just go ahead and not focus on the one that I'm in then. Don't want to spread yourself too thin ya know.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #150
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
You should probably just go ahead and not focus on the one that I'm in then. Don't want to spread yourself too thin ya know.
deal. what is your team name again, david?

Old 10-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #151
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No. Once a player's game starts, that roster spot is locked in for the remainder of the day.
okay that makes sense
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #152
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Well, thanks to everybody for participating in some extremely competitive leagues this year, and the results of the Dallas-Mavs.com fantasy leagues are as follows:

Alby won convincingly in a very hard fought battle in the Dallas-Mavs D-League...

I was lucky enough to have been able to defeat Dirno (Lamar Mundane) in a very closely fought battle in the first D-M league...

And I was also fortunate enough to have been able to survive my death-match with Ummmmm OK (Crab Peoples) in the Sike League...

Congratulations to Alby, and to all of the other playoff team owners on a very strong, hard fought year, and I look forward to being able to compete again against everyone again next season !

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-17-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #153
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk missing that time during the first week of the (fantasy) playoffs killed me.