Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #81
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

When he shows he can finish a game without all the fade away jumpers and 3's with a defender on him, the myth will be busted.
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #82
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Dirk is the Dallas Mavericks. That's why I'd rather take my chances with him. Without him, the Mavericks will be next to nothing to me. That hasn't always been the case, but it is now.
I understand the love for Dirk! I too realize he's the face of the mavericks and would rather not trade him, but he won't be here forever and I will still be a MAvs and a Dirk fan long after he's gone. But if the team can get better with a trade I'm all in.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #83
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

The team can't get better from trading Dirk, period! Trading Dirk means blowing it up. Quite frankly, I would not be opposed to trading Dirk AFTER this year if it doesn't work out well.

The killer instinct myth is ridiculous. He finished the year like 3rd in the league in 4th quarter scoring and "clutch stats" as defined by 82games.com. W

It seems like when people make this criticism of Dirk they're comparing him to players like Kobe and Lebron, which is unfair since those players are better than Dirk. Name 10 players in the league that do have this so called "killer instinct". Or even 5.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #84
bgarrett
Banned

Well if there were a trade it would be for superstar players that would have to make them better or it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

KB, LBJ,Duncan,AI,Billups,Dwade,Amare,KG,CP... Dirk can shoot the lights out in clutch, but he can't post up and score well, he can't drive great, isn't a distributor and can't lock down defensively.

I think if your not giving up too much you could make the team better, it's not likely another team would be interested in a superstar trade with an unconventional PF being the #1 option, maybe but not likely.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #85
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
Well if there were a trade it would be for superstar players that would have to make them better or it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

KB, LBJ,Duncan,AI,Billups,Dwade,Amare,KG,CP... Dirk can shoot the lights out in clutch, but he can't post up and score well, he can't drive great, isn't a distributor and can't lock down defensively.

I think if your not giving up too much you could make the team better, it's not likely another team would be interested in a superstar trade with an unconventional PF being the #1 option, maybe but not likely.
You can knock off at least half of the names off that list. I would only really look at Kobe, Lebron and Paul.

I wouldn't agree with your assessment of Dirk as a distributor and he's getting better at defense. No one will ever confuse him with an all-nba defender, but he isn't a slouch either. His pros really shine and help detract from his setbacks, which aren't a whole lot. He's still underrated as a whole in the league.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #86
bgarrett
Banned

Well yeah Dirk can hit the open guy especially when doubled most of the time, but if Im looking for guys to distribute in crunch time, the ball shouldn't even be in his hands. IT should be coming to him for a shot.

While his D is improving , its far from lockdown or anywhere near all Defensive team Right?

I do agree that his PROS outshine his setbacks
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if you're questioning on the d, because thats exactly what I said.

And you're right about the first point, but that doesn't mean we should trade him. You just have to find a facilitator (which we have), or a better secondary option that can cause less doubling on Dirk (we don't have that).
Old 06-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #88
bgarrett
Banned

Right, but I was saying lockdown D.

Well I think JET if still here will have more of a role with the new motion sys and reminds me of RIP, coming off screens and picks shooting. Now if we could obtain Maggette or get JHO consistently slashing and getting to the cup, somehow averaging 7-9 FTs a gm..It would round us out and provide a much more efficient 2nd option.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #89
BGMaverick9
Guru

I don't really trust Josh, never really been confused as trusting him either...haha.
If he does it, great, but it'll always be in the back of my head waiting for him to screw it over again. And I think they are ideally hoping to bring someone in so that can have that Jet punch off the bench...who knows.

I'm not counting on Dirk to be an All-NBA defender, I don't think anyone is every going to expect that of him nor should they. He has come far from when he came into the league. He still has to beat the national stigma against him in terms of being a defender. I think his progression on it has been steady, he really hasn't taken steps backwards. It has been steady upward growth.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #90
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dirk plus Mavs man and Mavs ManiAACs. What's the best deal that could we get with that fixture?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #91
bgarrett
Banned

Well with the bad showing in in the hornets spurs series with all the fire extinguisher bs and I honestly think we could get HUGO I would like to think his stock is low now so it would be a perfect time to capitalize on that! I think they may throw in DAvid west too if were talking mav maniacs, they were the first to do what they do I believe!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #92
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Dirk plus Mavs man and Mavs ManiAACs. What's the best deal that could we get with that fixture?
Mavs Man is definitely one of the most spectacular mascots in the league, but he ain't no superstar. Although, IMO he ranks just below Benny, the Bull's thug mascot and the flying gorilla:

We could get decent trade value from him though...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:07 AM   #93
yao1860

yao1860 will become famous soon enough

don't agree with you
yao1860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #94
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

dammit yao
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #95
yao1860

must be a joke

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #96
yao1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
dammit yao
what's up??

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #97
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

As we have seen the Celtics and the Lakers played out the finals so life is fast in the NBA, but, honestly, Lakers and Celtics are the benchmark now and in my opinion will be next season. So we have about 8 runner ups and Mavericks are one of them. We all agree trading means improving. So which players could join if Dirk leaves and what about the cap ? And the question is : Can all the problems be solved with two new players minus Dirk ?

But i donĀ“t see a trade at this point because Dirk was involved in hiring Carlisle.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-28-2008 at 10:57 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #98
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

dirk is a mav for life...or until he realizes the mavs are a sinking ship and wants out
Old 06-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #99
yao1860

no one agree you.

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #100
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

bottom line... every team needs a superstar to win it all or be successful at all in this league. You can have a starting lineup of 5 very good players but if you dont have that one superstar then you will not win. That is why we should never, ever trade away Dirk. The only way you should consider it would be if the deal included kobe, lbj, or cp,..... Dirk cannot do it by himself, but neither can kobe, lbj, or cp. The only way for us to get better is to build around Dirk. .... If Kobe was traded this past summer for any two players together that are not superstars.. would they have gotten better? I dont think you would be able to find two players on one team that would make a trade worth it really for Kobe. ... That is of course Kobe, LBJ, CP,..Dirk.. pleads to leave their team because they are unhappy.. then you would just have to take whoever you can get. But until that time. It would be utterly foolish to trade Dirk, IMO.

Last edited by Robillion; 06-29-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #101
wang_mic

wang_mic is on a distinguished road

THE BEST OPTION IS: GET marc cuban OUT OF ACC AND TRADE HIM FOR A REAL MANAGER
wang_mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #102
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

keep cuban, he's willing to dish out the money...fire nellie, he's not makin good things happen