Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough
Default 27th pick, i guess not

[QUOTE]Maybe I am taking this out of context, maybe not. But according to Newy Scruggs, the Mavs had a chance to get the Spurs 27th pick for 3 Million dollars.

"For $3 million of Mark Cuban’s money, he could have bought the pick from the Spurs and made Arthur a Maverick.

Nope, no deal. The Mavs just waited for their turn at 51 in the second round and drafted a kid who looks like the singer Usher. Shan Foster was the SEC Player of the Year at Vanderbilt. He can play some guard and forward and shoot it well from long range."

Though they make the arguement for Arthur, I still think that moving up to get CDR would have been better. When reports came out that teams were asking for "crazy money", I was thinking in the 5-8 million dollar range./QUOTE]
Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs sent out an email to all teams asking for their best offer for it early morning draft day. My guess is they were asking for early 2nd round picks (think Blazers, Minnesota, Seattle who had mutiply picks there) and cash. Or a future 1st depending on the team.

I'm sure the Mavs called about it but wouldn't have had anything the Spurs wanted. Future 1st wouldn't be high enough, no high 2nd round pick (s), and the Mavs were likely not wanting to give the full $3 million.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

they just wanted 3 mil, which as it sounds was pretty cheap compared to what others teams were trying to get out of the mavs
Old 06-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #4
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I doubt that Cuban would have passed up getting that pick for just $3 million... I moreso beleive there was much more to it than that...
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

No way the Spurs were asking for money alone. A pick or picks had to be involved as well. They might have asked some teams to take Bonner off their hands instead.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I will not do that~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote