Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default Dallas/New York/Phoenix

Dallas sends:

Jason Terry to New York
Jerry Stackhouse and Brandon Bass to Phoenix

for

Eddie Curry
Quentin Richardson
David Lee
Grant Hill

Phoenix sends:

Barbosa to New York

New York is desparate for a point guard, and desperate to unload some contracts. Maybe desparate enough to throw David Lee into thie deal. Phoenix wants to get rid of Barbosa and unload some salary

Dallas:

Kidd/?
Quentin Richardson/Antoine Wright/Eddie Jones
Josh Howard/Grant Hill
Dirk/Lee
Curry/Dampier -- or the other way around

Now Dallas just needs to use the MLE on a backup point guard.

Not ideal, but Dallas fills the need for a shooting guard (it could be Q, or Hill) and second center and obtains a valuable chip in Lee. Or if you like Bass better than Lee, you could send Lee to Phoenix and keep Bass.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

New York does not get enough. Barbosa is not exactly a pg. Umm and why do we get Lee, Q, and Hill???

just seems like another unrealistic one

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

def unrealistic for jet and stack...if it happens it would just be the knicks and the suns, we would be left out
Old 06-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

First trade scenario I have seen from SeriousSummer where it was unrealistic in terms of the other teams not doing it... usually they are unrealistic because we should never do it. I would jump on this trade in a heartbeat, but neither the Suns nor the Knicks would I do not believe.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Y'all may be right, on the other hand, I think you may underestimate how badly New York wants to get rid of Curry and Phoenix wants to get rid of Barbosa--and Mike Dan Tony seems to think he's a point guard.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

We need to get rid of Dampier, not Brandon Bass
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Of course but NOT happening... No one would strap themselves to that!
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Why would we want QRich?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

Dallas New York...

dampier + Stack for Z. Randolph + David Lee, (they will buy out Stack)

New York want salary cap relief, so they get it ~$9 million starting next yr.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

QRich was a very good 3pt shooter, and post player.

Problem with him has never been his offense, but his inability to play D.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashjan
Dallas New York...

dampier + Stack for Z. Randolph + David Lee, (they will buy out Stack)

New York want salary cap relief, so they get it ~$9 million starting next yr.
Mike Dan and Tony would want Damp why? That doesn't fit is MO anyway.

They might do Terry/Stack, only because Terry is more of a MikeDanTony type of player from what I have seen (all O, little D). Would Dallas do that though?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 06-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Mike Dan and Tony would want Damp why? That doesn't fit is MO anyway.

They might do Terry/Stack, only because Terry is more of a MikeDanTony type of player from what I have seen (all O, little D). Would Dallas do that though?
Why would Dallas want two 6'9" forwards when we still have Dirk/Damp/Josh/Bass and a gaping hole at the shooting guard position?

(maybe if Nellie was still around...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Why would Dallas want two 6'9" forwards when we still have Dirk/Damp/Josh/Bass and a gaping hole at the shooting guard position?

(maybe if Nellie was still around...)
I don't know that Dallas would at all.

I know that Radolph has a big backside and a descent inside game -- but almost no Defense.
Lee is an young Eddie Najera from what I have seen.

IMO, Wright is the answer at SG, or much of the time moving JHo back to SG.

Kidd, Wright, JHo, Dirk and Randolph -- with Bass, Diop, Lee, and EJones is not terrible, and with RTerry, Foster, and Sieblus ------ who knows.

One thing about the five above -- they might be below avg defensively, but they would score on just about anyone.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
One thing about the five above -- they might be below avg defensively, but they would score on just about anyone.
The Celtics & Spurs of the league deny these kinds of teams Championships...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-30-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

q rich blows harder than anything you could pick up on harry hines
Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

No Good!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote