Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #41
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know about the relationship of Carlisle and Artest? Would you care to elaborate on it? Because, I've always felt that Artest would be the perfect compliment to Dirk, but if you have some insight on the player/coach relationship between Ron/Rick, I definitely want to hear about it.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #42
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

vince carter is still one of the best 2 guards in this league at 31!, why all the smack talk?
if it meant given up another 31 year old guy and a 34 year old guy to get him, why not for the chance to win it all?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #43
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Furthermore, not only would acquiring Ron be beneficial for the Dallas Mavericks. But another huge thing for us, and the rest of the NBA for that matter, is to try to keep Artest/Maggette away from the Lakers, Spurs, or Celtics. It was stated earlier in the thread, but if any of those players join any of those teams, they would be the clear cut favorite to win it all IMHO.

Contact Me
Old 07-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #44
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
How do you know about the relationship of Carlisle and Artest? Would you care to elaborate on it? Because, I've always felt that Artest would be the perfect compliment to Dirk, but if you have some insight on the player/coach relationship between Ron/Rick, I definitely want to hear about it.
Yes I did read an article a few days ago tht said although Rick said all god things about Artest it was because it was the right thing to do. And i can see that.

Now i think Artest is a great overall player, but I dont think hes rite in the head and therefore IMO would not help us go all the way. This is something I have begun to realize over the last few weeks. Because I was starting to think that he mite be getting it strait, but then 2 hours after he "chooses" not to opt out he says he "regrets" it and theres always something going on with him. IMO he wouldnt mesh with Dirk either, I think a guy like Kidd complements Dirk perfectly as far as personality. Hes got some toughness to him, but hes a smart/wise guy. artes has toughness, but hes crazy.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 07-05-2008 at 02:24 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #45
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Arenas sign for Wizs, Davis for LAC, so the Golden Sta. needs a PG. GS trade Davis for Maggette, Dallas trade Terry for Maggette. (On Press Maggette said, his first priority is to become a ring!)

Diop ist a strong center, so we need another atletic one. Josh needs a new challenge to become better. So Trade Josh for Redd or Artest or Igaudala and ebentually with the trade change Damp for Miller, Dalembert or Bogut.. not so easy...

Kidd/Maggette/Artest/Dirk/Miller and form the bench Barea/Green/Stack/Bass/Diop..

Eventually we can do one of this trades... :-)
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #46
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I dont see why people want Miller over Damp if they want defense especially at the C

And people complain about Damp picking up qick fouls, well that because a lot of times he ends up guarding 2 or 3 guys. Miller would mostly get dunked on, his offense is another story, but people think before they go against Damp

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 07-07-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #47
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If we could somehow get Artest without giving up Kidd, Dirk, or Howard then I say we'd be next years champions.

Don't forget Artest will be playing for a contract next season and no one has been better at getting players great contracts than Jason Kidd.

Damp / Diop
Dirk
Howard
Artest
Kidd

= Championship

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #48
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
If we could somehow get Artest without giving up Kidd, Dirk, or Howard then I say we'd be next years champions.

Don't forget Artest will be playing for a contract next season and no one has been better at getting players great contracts than Jason Kidd.

Damp / Diop
Dirk
Howard
Artest
Kidd

= Championship
I might be alone in this. But Artest proved to me this year that hes a great player, but hes still messed up in the head. I dont see him being that missing piece with his mental problems, which is what they are.

........GO MAVS
Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #49
alby
Guru

Dirkenstein, I agree 100%

Contact Me