Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Wink trade with Charlotte

Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players
Jared Dudley
Salary: $1,137,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.8 REB: 3.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 13.63

Jason Richardson
Salary: $11,111,110 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 21.8 REB: 5.4 AST: 3.1 PER: 18.48

Adam Morrison
Salary: $3,887,880 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Jerry Stackhouse, Jason TerryCharlotte Bobcats

Incoming Players
Jerry Stackhouse
Salary: $6,750,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 10.7 REB: 2.3 AST: 2.5 PER: 13.37

Jason Terry
Salary: $8,898,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 15.5 REB: 2.5 AST: 3.2 PER: 17.80

Outgoing Players: Jared Dudley, Jason Richardson, Adam Morrison

We do it for 2 swingmen and JRich as our 2 guard. We take JRich's huge contract and take Adam Morrison off of their hands.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

but why does Charlotte want to do that deal?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

they don't want to pay Richardson so much, stack can be cut and you only have to pay $2million next year. Morrison is a bust, so we take him and his contract off there hands. We just need bodies to some extent.

Last edited by Eman; 06-09-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I say this trade would be MUCH more likely if we swapped Terry with Josh... maybe took Matt Carroll instead of Morrison too.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
I say this trade would be MUCH more likely if we swapped Terry with Josh... maybe took Matt Carroll instead of Morrison too.

True.
But maybe keep Morrison in deal if JHO is in... would be my re-counter offer.
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh/Stack for Carroll/Richardson doesn't work
" " for Morrison/Richardson doesn't work

Josh/Stack/Bass for Morrison/Richardson DOES work

that's all off of RealGMs trade checker.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-09-2008 at 05:35 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

i like jrich, but we wouldnt get two other decent players with him for just jet and stack, we'd probably get someone like othella harrington to go with him...otherwise i do think we should trade for him

Last edited by chosen_one8976; 06-09-2008 at 05:41 PM.
chosen_one8976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

This is a case of is these set of returning players good enough for you to give up Bass as icing on the cake? B/c that is what it comes down to. The numbers are almost there, adding him takes care of it.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Morrison is a Bust?? The guy played one season and was decent. In the rite roll he can contribute a lot...and I think he isn't a Bust...but once again another trade where the other team gives a star player and 2 young talents for one of our guys. No way they do it

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Morrison is a Bust?? The guy played one season and was decent. In the rite roll he can contribute a lot...and I think he isn't a Bust...but once again another trade where the other team gives a star player and 2 young talents for one of our guys. No way they do it
Well, talking on a Bobcats message board, they seem in favor of doing the deal that RealGM said financially fits:
Richardson/Morrison for Howard/Stack/Bass

It's not a unanimous decision on their part, but it is a definite majority.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

WE would be giving up too much! J rich is not much better than Howard, and Morrison isn't close to stack and Bass, I thought Dudey was in the deal too?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

How about Howard/Terry for Richardson/Morrison/Carroll? Too lazy to look it up, but I'd be all over that deal.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

bgarrett, deal doesn't work if Dudley is involved.

spreedom, deal doesn't work if it's your deal.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 AM   #14
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Well, talking on a Bobcats message board, they seem in favor of doing the deal that RealGM said financially fits:
Richardson/Morrison for Howard/Stack/Bass

It's not a unanimous decision on their part, but it is a definite majority.
That seems more realistic...

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 06-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #15
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
WE would be giving up too much! J rich is not much better than Howard, and Morrison isn't close to stack and Bass, I thought Dudey was in the deal too?
j Rich is better in ever aspect of the game besides maybe D. and well i am willing to bet that hes a little smarter out there too

........GO MAVS
Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
That seems more realistic...
I agree, I think both sides would show some hesitancy to pull the deal but I think it could work. Morrison's health is a factor as well. I'm still checking in to see if he's on schedule with his rehab and everything.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #17
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

theres no way id do it, who backs dirk up after bass is gone...nobody i want, so id rather not have morrison and keep bass, but then we have a whole at the 3 if we trade jho for him, we do need a decent bench if we want to go anywhere in the playoffs next year

Last edited by chosen_one8976; 06-10-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
bgarrett
Banned

Quote:
j Rich is better in ever aspect of the game besides maybe D. and well i am willing to bet that hes a little smarter out there too

Not really.......Looks pretty even like I mentioned yesterday

JOSH HOWARD

PPG 19.9
RPG 7.0
APG 2.2
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.455
FT% 0.813
3P% 0.319
MPG 36.3

JASON RICHARDSON

PPG 21.8
RPG 5.4
APG 3.1
SPG 1.4
BPG 0.7
FG% 0.441
FT% 0.752
3P% 0.406
MPG 38.4

I can't comment on him being smarter, but I have seen him disappear in some games like Howard too. Personally I would rather have JRich too but that deal as a whole, is NOT WORTH IT.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #19
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

J Rich plays the 2 and 3

........GO MAVS
Old 06-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #20
bgarrett
Banned

For the record Jho could too, if need be... I'll take JRICH if nothing more than to see the exciting dunks
KIDD
JRICH
BASS
DIRK
DAMP
would be fine with me.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #21
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I think overall IMO

J Rich > J Ho.....

........GO MAVS
Old 06-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the record Jho could too, if need be... I'll take JRICH if nothing more than to see the exciting dunks
KIDD
JRICH
BASS
DIRK
DAMP
would be fine with me.
Good team, but IMO, not championship quality.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #23
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KIDD
JRICH
BASS
DIRK
DAMP
would be fine with me.
Bass would be part of the trade would he not? scratch that lineup...
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #24
bgarrett
Banned

barea
seibutis
R.terry
M.allen
magloire

championship!!!

Would they win 15 games?

Last edited by bgarrett; 06-10-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want Richardson if we're not going to keep Howard.

Kidd/Richardson/Howard is what I would want in this scenario.

edit*
and yes, I would give up Bass to make that a reality.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 06-10-2008 at 02:14 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #26
chosen_one8976

if it ment terry and bass, id do it to keep howard...that would be a pretty darn good front three in kidd, jrich and jho...a terry and bass proposition is somethin to consider
Old 06-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

I don't think they are interested in Terry, and the deals I looked at involving him really didn't work with Charlotte.

There are cheap or talented options for a PF backup, remember we don't need them to be a stud or anything.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #28
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Do watever u think is good for the team, Cuban!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #29
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Bass is a must keep for the Mavs
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #30
bgarrett
Banned

I agree.. unless it's some young talented starter we can't pass up that fits the SG or C.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #31
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Do it!

I am happy to see Richardson coming in!

I think Josh/Richardson and some others for the money!

So we can complete with Ter/Damp/Stack for Maggette(Can sign out and LAC need an PG) / Kaman an we have a new team! New Motivation, new posibilities, new chance for championship!

Kaman/Diop
Dirk/Bass
Maggette/George
Richardson/Foster
Kidd/Lue/Barea

Am i dreaming?
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #32
chosen_one8976

the clips are really high on kaman right now
Old 06-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #33
bgarrett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Do it!

I am happy to see Richardson coming in!

I think Josh/Richardson and some others for the money!

So we can complete with Ter/Damp/Stack for Maggette(Can sign out and LAC need an PG) / Kaman an we have a new team! New Motivation, new posibilities, new chance for championship!

Kaman/Diop
Dirk/Bass
Maggette/George
Richardson/Foster
Kidd/Lue/Barea

Am i dreaming?
Well It's not a nightmare! The German connection!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #34
chosen_one8976

you know what the mavs should do, somehow get all of the players from the Argentinean team that beat us in the olympics and then hire an international coach...hell if they could beat our best they can beat the rest, lol
Old 06-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #35
bgarrett
Banned

What the mavs should do is put Dampier and Avery in a death match fight, and the winner gets set on fire and shortly after extinguished with an icepick...
Old 06-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the winner gets set on fire and shortly after extinguished with an icepick...
Sounds like a harsh fate for Damp...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #37
chosen_one8976

i dont know, avery is pretty scrappy...he might be able to take out damp, i'd pay to see that fight
Old 06-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #38
spreedom
Diamond Member

I'd pay too... to see the first class beatdown that Damp puts on that little munchkin.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #39
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

New Idea:

For Artest the Kings want Josh... so Dallas trade Damp/Josh/Jones for Miller/Artest..

Bobcats risk is, that Okafor leave for nothing. So Dallas trade Miller/Bass/Terry for Okafor/Richardson.. Miller/Bass are value for Okafor, Terry is valueable with Richardson..

Last but not least we send Okafor for Kaman to the Clippers (Camby C, Okafor PF).. Camby/Kaman are not so valueable in the same roster, Camby/Okafor are perfekt for LAC..

Kaman/Diop
Nowitzki/Singleton
Artest/Wright/Stack
Richardson/Stack/Green/Foster
Kidd/Barea

My dream become true :-)

Wo can tell this idea to cuban?

:-( :-( .. Cubon is baseball looking for

Last edited by mbaur; 08-01-2008 at 09:51 AM.
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote