Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all
Default Trade Dirk

Trade Dirk. Now.

Not because he's not great, not because he's not awesome, not because he's not the best player on the Mavs. He is, he is all of those things and more and anyone blaming Dirk in the slightest for the Mavs woes recently is a fool.

Trade Dirk because it's the only choice the Mavs have.

They will never win anything with this team, and they've traded away all the pieces they might have used to fix it. They no longer even have draft picks, to try and rebuild with youth.

Trade Dirk because he's the only piece the Mavs have and they MUST start completely over. It's just a shame they don't still have Devin Harris. Damn I'd love to see this team start fresh, building around Harris and Bass.

Trade Dirk because he's never going to win a championship here... and he deserves one.

Trade Dirk because it's the only option left.

And if you're lucky, maybe you can get someone to take all the Mavs other useless, overrated pieces along with him. Josh Howard, JET, Stack, Kidd, George and all the rest of the trash.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I couldn't help but start cheering for whatever team Dirk was on, if he was ever to be traded.

makes me feel guilty, but fuck it... I shall follow Dirk to the gates of hell.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

if he cannot win a title here, then i would want him to be traded... i would rather it be later in his career though so he can have the chance to work a miracle here in Dallas

As one of the hardest workers in the NBA and a seemingly great guy, i do hope he gets a title one day though, even if it has to be in another uniform
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'd trade Dirk if I could get Lebron, Chris Paul, Kobe or Dwight Howard in return. We can't so why do it? No good would come out of a Dirk trade. The Mavs have put themselves in a hole to where they no longer have trade bait. Kidd may be an exception due to his contract but I see this team waiting it out on him just to give him a full offseason with the team. I can't help but think what the Mavs could've done had they kept Finley's contract that we're currently playing on right now. I know the Grizz definately would've taken it for Mike Miller or hell for Pau Gasol apparently. I don't see any trade bait on this team. I think Harris was the last piece we had to trade. I guess it matters how much other teams in the league overrate Josh.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

If dirk were to be traded, i would still be a mavs fan but more of a dirk fan. Follow him wherever he goes!

Even tho ill bet my manhood he wont get traded.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 04-23-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

i'd miss dirk but i'm gonna be a mavs fan forever players come and go but it would be ridiculous to trade dirk at this point get rid of stack, terry, george, everyone but dirk, josh and bass, i know people are down on josh but he has been through a lot this sesaon and i still think he will get better each year.

"*punches a hole through the wall*

*busts entire body through hole*

*punches my neighbors the F*** OUT!!!!*

*pees all over the knocked out neighbors*

..... *laughs*" WraithXx after another worthless loss to portland on 4/12/08
MavinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad post

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-23-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Foolishness.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:12 AM   #9
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

We really need to reserve this kind of pessimism for AFTER the postseason is over.

At this very moment in times, the Mavs still have a chance of winning the NBA championship in 2008.

weren't there a bunch of posts of this nature after Dirk went down after the Spurs game? weren't some people pondering whether it was better to MISS the playoffs than maek?

Let's not jump to conclusions yet! I wasn't on this board 3 years ago, but I'm sure there was similar pessimism after the Rockets took a 2-0 lead.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:16 AM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see it happening but you have to wonder how long Cuban keeps trying to put players around Dirk and watch it go nowhere. It's not his fault at all so let me make that clear but at some point they'll have to start over and it may cost them Dirk to do so.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:26 AM   #11
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I don't see it happening but you have to wonder how long Cuban keeps trying to put players around Dirk and watch it go nowhere. It's not his fault at all so let me make that clear but at some point they'll have to start over and it may cost them Dirk to do so.
It's Cubans fault. he failed and made a desperation move for Kidd to hurt the future of the team. hes the blame alright he might be a good owner but hes slowing becoming a douche.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This place just gets me even more depressed, I need to stop browsing the forums after losses it just makes things worse.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 AM   #13
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

You will never get adequate value. Nobody is giving you a superstar player. And you don't want to end up like Minnesota, right? Dirk, he would be fine anywhere. We could trade him to Indiana for O'Neal or to Toronto for Bosh. They'd be very happy and probably battle with Boston for the East c'ship.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 AM   #14
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
You will never get adequate value. Nobody is giving you a superstar player. And you don't want to end up like Minnesota, right? Dirk, he would be fine anywhere. We could trade him to Indiana for O'Neal or to Toronto for Bosh. They'd be very happy and probably battle with Boston for the East c'ship.
We'd never get Bosh for Dirk just off of Bosh's age alone. And if we have to lose Dirk i'm not sure i'd shed a tear by bringing in Al Jefferson. He's already one of the best power fowards in the league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:06 AM   #15
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavinVA
it would be ridiculous to trade dirk at this point get rid of stack, terry, george, everyone but dirk, josh and bass, i know people are down on josh but he has been through a lot this sesaon and i still think he will get better each year.
That would be ideal of course, but nobody is going to want ANY of those players. If we don't want them, what makes you think anyone else would?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Despite what we may think I do think Josh Howard has some value. He gives nearly 20 pts a game and is a solid defender. A year ago we were close to getting Kobe or Garnett for him. That won't happen now but we could probably get an AK 47, or Jermaine Oneal for him.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 AM   #17
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I would not cry if Dirk were traded, as long as we send Howard/Jet/Damp and Stack out as well. Get rid of all these bums.

Or, trade all the bums to get a star down low player (or sort of start like Jermaine O'Neal) and put 2 lights out 3 point shooters on the perimeter, 3 long defensive players.. Other than that, we won't win with Dirk and the guys we have now, or without Dirk and the guys we have now.

Last edited by mavsjunkie; 04-23-2008 at 03:10 AM.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #18
cinemablend

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
What we need to do is follow New Jersey's lead... trade Dirk for someone like Bosh PLUS a couple of first round picks and maybe another usable player (like Diop).

That's how you do it.

Yes, you're not going to be able to trade Dirk 1 for 1 and get value. So don't do that.

Trade Dirk for someone like Bosh, plus some good draft picks and plus some other players. That's how you rebuild this thing.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 AM   #19
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Bosh is from the Dallas area, that may work.

I can't picture Dirk on any other team but the Mavs. Dirk on the Raptors, strange.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #20
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

If we fail in the playoffs and Dirk asks to be traded afterwards (I wouldn't wonder; which player wants to have his prime age in ruin?), I'm sure he wants to be on a team which is able to win the title. Talking about the contenders, there are not so many which are

1) still able to win the title with the addition of Dirk and after giving value to get him (Phoenix could be one of his own favorite picks, but they would have to give either Amare or Nash to get Dirk and they won't do that)
2) have place for him (there are teams which don't have space like LA, their frontcourt is packed with Odom, Gasol and Bynum; I took LA just as an example)

I know, he's still here and I would be happy if he wins a title with Dallas, but which teams do you consider to be one of the favorites to get him and where he wants to be?
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #21
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I doubt, Cuban will trade Dirk after this season. It's more likely that he keeps Dirk and Kidd for one more year surrounding them with a different set of players and trying a veteran coach. If that doesn't work out Dirk will still have enough value next year to get some young quality pieces for a fresh start. If Dirk goes, it will be a few years of rebuilding and... losing. Cherish him while he's here folks. Mavs fans have been fortunate these years, despite Dirk's failure to bring a 'ship to town.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #22
Dirrrk4-3

Dirrrk4-3 can only hope to improve

Keep Dirk. Get rid of Avery, trade Jet, and Bass to the Clips in a sign and trade for Elton Brand. Then look at options for J Ho. I don't know I'm just fucking pissed after last nights lack of coaching. Guarding the pick and roll the way we were doing it was not working. Make some fucking adjustments. It's the playoffs and we gave up 127 points. Avery should be fired today!!!
Dirrrk4-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #23
Mavs817

Mavs817 is on a distinguished road

These people seem to like Dirk: http://query-origin.andohs.net/8000A...way080422a.mp3
Mavs817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #24
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

can we just trade avery instead?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #25
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs817

Haha that was awesome. Rep for you.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #26
Mavs817

Mavs817 is on a distinguished road

That was actually a counter to this song: http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/2008/...in-it-all.html

Though I'm having trouble getting it to play, but it provides the lyrics.
Mavs817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #27
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

keep dirk. sign lebron in a couple of years after he opts out.

win championship.

live happily ever after.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #28
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Can we trade all these lame posters?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #29
ghazi
Platinum Member

I would shed tears for 40 days and 40 nights if Dirk were traded.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #30
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

I'd trade Dirk just because he deserves to play with guys better than these bums. But I'd rather just get rid of Avery and trade all the scrubs away instead.

Half the roster is off the books at the end of the season anyways. No one would ever accept Damp or JET's contracts so we're stuck with them, but J.Ho still has some trade value and Kidd has an expiring contract which is like gold in the NBA economy.

I still don't get how we couldn't put together a better offer than the Lakers did for Gasol!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Burn this City; 04-23-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Burn this City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City
I'd trade Dirk just because he deserves to play with guys better than these bums. But I'd rather just get rid of Avery and trade all the scrubs away instead.

Half the roster is off the books at the end of the season anyways. No one would ever accept Damp or JET's contracts so we're stuck with them, but J.Ho still has some trade value and Kidd has an expiring contract which is like gold in the NBA economy.

I still don't get how we couldn't put together a better offer than the Lakers did for Gasol!!!!!!!!
me too...why wouldn't you just trade the flaming cajun ko'ach and revamp the roster around by putting young'uns around him. Especially if they were smart, I think dirk has more of a problem with dumasses (cue cajun music) than inexperience perse.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #32
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

My fan-dom would follow Dirk, he is a warrior.
I'd still like the Mavs, but definitely not as much.

Dirk is NOT the problem with this team.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #33
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Seven Steps to Mavs Success

Step 1: Never trade Dirk
Step 2: Fire Avery
Step 3: Hire a replacement that can best utilize Dirk's talents
Step 4: New coach figures out the personnel needed to make new system work.
Step 5: Hire new assistant coaches
Step 6: Make appropriate trades, free agent pick ups, etc.
Step 7: Celebrate new era of Mavs basketball
Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #34
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

BTW why was Dale Harris let go?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #35
cinemablend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi
If we fail in the playoffs and Dirk asks to be traded afterwards (I wouldn't wonder; which player wants to have his prime age in ruin?), I'm sure he wants to be on a team which is able to win the title. Talking about the contenders, there are not so many which are

1) still able to win the title with the addition of Dirk and after giving value to get him (Phoenix could be one of his own favorite picks, but they would have to give either Amare or Nash to get Dirk and they won't do that)
2) have place for him (there are teams which don't have space like LA, their frontcourt is packed with Odom, Gasol and Bynum; I took LA just as an example)

I know, he's still here and I would be happy if he wins a title with Dallas, but which teams do you consider to be one of the favorites to get him and where he wants to be?
What about Dirk to Phoenix for Barbosa... some good draft picks, and a couple of other usable players?? Maybe Barbsoa, Diaw, and some first round picks? Don't know if that could be worked out, but Phoenix is going to be as desperate as Dallas to make some big changes after their impending first round exit.

And Leandro Barbosa is a really good player, and he can play Point or off guard. He's underutilized on the Suns. He's not a Dirk calibre player, but if you're really rebuilding what you really want is good draft picks anyway. At this point Dallas needs to be trying to draft the next Dirk.

Last edited by cinemablend; 04-23-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #36
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Dirk for a non-starter and Phoenix's non-lottery draft picks? Worst trade idea ever.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #37
cinemablend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirrrk4-3
Keep Dirk. Get rid of Avery, trade Jet, and Bass to the Clips in a sign and trade for Elton Brand. Then look at options for J Ho. I don't know I'm just fucking pissed after last nights lack of coaching. Guarding the pick and roll the way we were doing it was not working. Make some fucking adjustments. It's the playoffs and we gave up 127 points. Avery should be fired today!!!
The Clippers are never going to do that.

That's the problem. Obviously we would like to keep Dirk and unload everyone else to get the right pieces, but NO OTHER TEAM IS GOING TO WANT TO DO THAT.

Why in the world would the Clippers trade ELTON BRAND for a broken down, over paid, under sized shooting guard and a young player who may or may not develop into anything?

They'd have to be insane.

That's why the only option is to trade Dirk.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM   #38
cinemablend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Dirk for a non-starter and Phoenix's non-lottery draft picks? Worst trade idea ever.
Barbosa is a starting quality player though. So is Diaw.

I'm not saying that trade, I'm just saying there are things you can trade Dirk for besides trying to trade him 1 - 1 value.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #39
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Yeah, trade him to a team like the Celtics so they can win 4 championships in a row...

I'd love to buy a Nowitzki Celtics jersey...

OR

We could rebuild around Nowitzki and Kidd with young athletic talent? It's just a thought?

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 04-23-2008 at 08:00 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #40
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary

We could rebuild around Nowitzki and Kidd with young athletic talent? It's just a thought?
Sounds easy enough, but how? We gave NJ our #1 for the 2008 and 2010 NBA Draft, we have few tradeable pieces. JH can probably land us someone decent. Kidd would be a great expiring contract but Cuban isn't going to do that because it would be admiting he made a huge mistake in trading his pg for the next 10 years. We're pretty much stuck with Stack and JET. For the most part this is our team as is, our future was mortgaged too much to get Kidd.