Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
What about Dirk to Phoenix for Barbosa... some good draft picks, and a couple of other usable players?? Maybe Barbsoa, Diaw, and some first round picks? Don't know if that could be worked out, but Phoenix is going to be as desperate as Dallas to make some big changes after their impending first round exit.

And Leandro Barbosa is a really good player, and he can play Point or off guard. He's underutilized on the Suns. He's not a Dirk calibre player, but if you're really rebuilding what you really want is good draft picks anyway. At this point Dallas needs to be trying to draft the next Dirk.
Wow. I don't even know how to respond to this stupidity. We would be lucky to win 15 games if we did this deal. I understand we're playing terribly right now, but it's no reason to lose all sense and slowly start to make this forum hit rock bottom.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #42
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
No good would come out of a Dirk trade.
I disagree. Let's face it. We are Dirk fans, not Dallas fans.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #43
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
We'd never get Bosh for Dirk just off of Bosh's age alone. And if we have to lose Dirk i'm not sure i'd shed a tear by bringing in Al Jefferson. He's already one of the best power fowards in the league.
Dirk a Timberwolf? That makes me shed many a tear.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #44
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Despite what we may think I do think Josh Howard has some value. He gives nearly 20 pts a game and is a solid defender.
20 pts? Solid defense? Those days seem long gone.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #45
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Bosh is from the Dallas area, that may work.

I can't picture Dirk on any other team but the Mavs. Dirk on the Raptors, strange.

Dirk and Bargnani, interesting.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #46
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
20 pts? Solid defense? Those days seem long gone.
Well maybe the D has slipped but he did average like 19.7 ppg this year that's a fact that we can't take away from him. Even though usually about 19.5 of those come in the first half. Maybe some stupid team won't do their homework and think he's a great player! Believe.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #47
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

where have all the marbles gone?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #48
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #49
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Wow. I don't even know how to respond to this stupidity. We would be lucky to win 15 games if we did this deal. I understand we're playing terribly right now, but it's no reason to lose all sense and slowly start to make this forum hit rock bottom.
I don't even know how to respond to this stupidity.

It's not about winning games, it's about blowing up the team and starting over with young talent.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #50
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Any interest in:
Joe Johnson/Al Horford for
Dirk/Bass

J oneal/Dunleavy for
Jho/terry/stack +cap filler
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #51
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
I don't even know how to respond to this stupidity.

It's not about winning games, it's about blowing up the team and starting over with young talent.
We don't need to blow up our team yet.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #52
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
Any interest in:
Dirk/Bass
...you're being serious?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #53
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Well trading Dirk isn't tops on my priority list and I would hate to see him go but we would finally have a SG that could create his own and Horford is double double at the C. It would dramatically change the dynamics of our team and boost our athleticism. It's more of a youth movement and getting a natural position strarting lineup. Bass is a lil undersized at pf and Dirk doesn't play convention pf. IDK i guess im interested in getting a more conventional lineup.*if this current starting lineup doesn't change much and isn't working by trade deadline I think no one should be off limits tradewise.

Last edited by bgarrett; 06-04-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #54
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If we trade Dirk we might as well trade Kidd, Howard, Terry, and everyone else as well. Cuban either wants to win now or he wants to be in the lotto for a few years to rebuild. Even with Dirk this team is a mess at the moment, but without him? It's a scary thought.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is goofy...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #56
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, it was good where it was on the 29th of april...dead
Old 06-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #57
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice

I would not trade Dirk for anyone other than Kobe or King James. I wouldn't even trade him for KG or Duncan straight up. It would take at least 2 all stars and filler and some #1 draft picks to even get in the consideration range.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #58
bgarrett
Banned

I love Dirk but I would entertain one of the higher 1st rnd. picks and a few quality players for him.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love Dirk but I would entertain one of the higher 1st rnd. picks and a few quality players for him.
that's way too vague of a demand, you gotta bring some meat to the table.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #60
bgarrett
Banned

I gotta lay out the dishes and cook too? Then you'll complain about how it tastes...

Last edited by bgarrett; 06-04-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #61
BGMaverick9
Guru

possibly...or you could at least be more specific about your incoming prospects for a dirk trade.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you can be in the lottery the next 5 years? Ridiculous
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
If we trade Dirk we might as well trade Kidd, Howard, Terry, and everyone else as well. Cuban either wants to win now or he wants to be in the lotto for a few years to rebuild. Even with Dirk this team is a mess at the moment, but without him? It's a scary thought.
Absolutely true. You only trade a dude like dirk if you want to suck for 5 years.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #64
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Any interest in:
Dirk/Bass

J oneal/Dunleavy for
Jho/terry/stack +cap filler
So Joe Johnson/Al Horford (at 37-45!!!!) would get us behind Sacremento in the west. Probably not even that, probably more like behind the clippers. No way they win 37 games in the west. Good god.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #65
bgarrett
Banned

kidd
johnson
dunleavy
j oneal
Horford/damp
I think that would be more than 37-45. You can't just get young guys in a trade and be awsome immediately. Sure you take a hit but Im not quite sure it's that big. I understand that were looking more realistically at more of a minor roster upgrade but if were TALKING trading Dirk then clean house and change it up.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

That Dirk deal is still not enough, you're on the right track though.

I would be asking for at the very least an All-Star, a potential star, salary relief and at least one top level 1st.

It ain't happening though...

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-04-2008 at 09:19 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #67
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
kidd
johnson
dunleavy
j oneal
Horford/damp
I think that would be more than 37-45. You can't just get young guys in a trade and be awsome immediately. Sure you take a hit but Im not quite sure it's that big. I understand that were looking more realistically at more of a minor roster upgrade but if were TALKING trading Dirk then clean house and change it up.
Doubt it. In the east maybe, in the west, they'd get chewed up and spit out. The only person on that team that anyone thinks of doubling is johnson.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #68
bgarrett
Banned

Yeah salary relief would be great, I agree not happening but I was bored and thought of a cleaning solution.
That's a playoff team easy in the east, provided there's some bench help and O'neal didn't get injured in pre-season for the full year. I haven't seen him play in a while but I thought he was worthy of a double team at times.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #69
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I would only trade Dirk if he asked to be traded. Dirk is the coverboy of the Maverick franchise.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #70
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
kidd
johnson
dunleavy
j oneal
Horford/damp
While i'm still totally opposed to trading Dirk (unless he demands it which I doubt he ever will) and while I think Horford is going to be a terrific player... wouldn't it make more sense to take someone like Josh Smith instead if we're trying to win now? Kidd doesn't have time for Horford to develop.

Give Oneal minutes at the 4/5, Smith at the 3/4, Dunleavy at the 3/2, and Johnson at the 2/1... and Kidd could just play point. That's a pretty versatile team, four players being able to play 8 positions.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #71
bgarrett
Banned

On Josh Smith, how would the salaries work out? I was thinking they probably have him high on a pedestal like cuban had Dirk. The money is just so different, I would love to rob their team for him somehow. IDK I may be overrating Smith's value.. I think Horford will be great eventually too but he could fill the role of catching lobs and clean-up hustle plays.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #72
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

You will never get equal value for Dirk. Kobe, Duncan,Lebron or Paul the only players I would trade Dirk for of course none of those teams would pull the trigger. Everyone said trade Kobe last year. The Lakers were knocked out of the first round in consecutive seasons with no real hope in sight. Along came Memphis with Pau Gasol. It is way too soon to say this player JHO can net you Jermaine Oneal. Case closed the mavericks didn't trade for Kidd and hire Carlisle to rebuild.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #73
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Please trade Dirk, send him to a contender.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #74
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Please trade Dirk, send him to a contender.
To which team? If any contender wants to get Dirk, they have to give something worth in return and afterwards they aren't a true contender anymore... The Lakers were just lucky 'cause memphis gave Gasol for almost nothing in return.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #75
dude1394
Guru

Ah bollocks...

The dirkster is just going to have to suck it up and get it done here. If he does get traded to a contender it'll have to be when he's past his prime and just a complimentary piece of the pie.

He doesn't get to be traded for nothing to the spurts.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #76
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk DID get traded to a contender! (for Robert Traylor...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #77
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather keep Dirk than take a shot with anyone else.... whether it's Lebron, Kobe, or whoever...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #78
bgarrett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I'd rather keep Dirk than take a shot with anyone else.... whether it's Lebron, Kobe, or whoever...

NOt me, I love Dirk but I would take several over him: KB, LBJ, DHoward, maybe even KG...etc.. I Hope so but im not sure Dirk will ever get back the Killer instinct that he had when he squashed the Spurs hopes with the And One at the end of the game before going to the finals! He has shrunk some under pressure of big games like that since then. I think it will come back if we can get more balance this year.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is the Dallas Mavericks. That's why I'd rather take my chances with him. Without him, the Mavericks will be next to nothing to me. That hasn't always been the case, but it is now.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #80
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please, not the "killer instinct" myth again.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote