Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future
Default Would the Clippers do something like this? Would you?

While trying to figure out some awesome 3 way blockbuster trade between the Suns, Clippers and us... I figured that I would rather have me some Kaman than Barbosa/Diaw. So... does this trade below look realistic. After seeing it... I actually think the Clippers would go for it and we should as well if it was on the table. What do you think?

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing Players
Erick Dampier
Josh Howard
Brandon Bass

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing Players
Chris Kaman
Corey Maggette
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

LAC I doubt does it, but the Mavs should very seriously consider it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Umm NO the Clippers wont do that. Even with Bass in there

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Do it!

Someone how is looking forward, i can only say do it. Can someone tell this the Mavs pleas. But i think das LAC need an PG so Damp/Bass/Terry for Kaman/Maggette (Maggette can sign out .. so we can hope the LAC agree).

So on we have to trade J.Richardson or M.Redd for Maggette for the SG position an then we have good arguments for good player to come in and we can have a trade Josh with Artest or Jefferson or eventually josh/stack with dias/barbosa..
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Do it!

Someone how is looking forward, i can only say do it. Can someone tell this the Mavs pleas. But i think das LAC need an PG so Damp/Bass/Terry for Kaman/Maggette (Maggette can sign out .. so we can hope the LAC agree).

So on we have to trade J.Richardson or M.Redd for Maggette for the SG position an then we have good arguments for good player to come in and we can have a trade Josh with Artest or Jefferson or eventually josh/stack with dias/barbosa..
Trade with the LA Clippers [Kaman/Maggette for Damp/Bass/Terry] & Phoenix Suns [Josh/Stack for Diaw/Barbosa], pick up Pietrus & Diop - it's a whole new team:

Kaman/Diop
Dirk/Allen
Diaw/Pietrus
Maggette/Wright
Kidd/Barbosa

Pops/RTerry/Seibutis/Foster

Unrealistic, but that line-up could bang with the Celtics & Lakers of the league...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

tx for mentioning there at the end tht it was unrealistic..because my mind was about to explode when I read those 2 posts.

we could try a Terry, Bass, Jones for Brand, Maggate, Kaman

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I disagree... the trade doesn't work...

Quote:
This Trade Failed! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Commodities
wow gold
cheap wow gold
free wow gold

Outgoing Players
Josh Howard
Brandon Bass

The Mavericks are over the cap, and their incoming salaries are greater than 125% plus $100,000 of their outgoing salaries. They need to cut $10,741,615 from the incoming trade value to make this trade successful.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 07-16-2008 at 01:39 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
mbaur

Damp/Bass for Kaman?

Clippers have now Camby! The Clippers become a PF and with Damp a backup Center for Camby. Clippers have salary for multiyear contract for Bass next year, if bass runs.

The Mavs become a first five center (... Chris/Dirk runs very good!)
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Damp/Bass for Kaman?

Clippers have now Camby! The Clippers become a PF and with Damp a backup Center for Camby. Clippers have salary for multiyear contract for Bass next year, if bass runs.

The Mavs become a first five center (... Chris/Dirk runs very good!)
Dude seriously, why would the Clippers take Damp?

Nobody wants Damp or his horrible contract.

Damnit mbaur.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-16-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Dude seriously, why would the Clippers take Damp?

Nobody wants Damp or his horrible contract.

Damnit mbaur.
Looks like someone took a joke I made in another thread seriously...

Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 AM   #11
mbaur

Funny how only itself some people take here and go off..

Paint the Tread subject read? Dignity just Kaman with pleasure here see, even if it is unlikely.

Now where the LAC Camby have and to you a power Forward is absent, then maybe bass is so valuable, and Damp fills the money.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #12
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

I am totally confused at the last two posts, for different reasons from one another.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-17-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
I am totally confused at the last two posts, for different reasons from one another.
No need to be confused by my words - I was referring to the same guy you were (I made a Kaman-for-Damp joke in the Olympics thread...)

Although, I can totally see how you thought I was talking about you when I look at the context (the written word isn't always the best medium of communication and I'm a piss-poor communicator...)

Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #14
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
No need to be confused by my words - I was referring to the same guy you were (I made a Kaman-for-Damp joke in the Olympics thread...)

Although, I can totally see how you thought I was talking about you when I look at the context (the written word isn't always the best medium of communication and I'm a piss-poor communicator...)

oh ok.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
Underdog

Quote:
oh ok.
Oh - and I have no idea what mbaur was saying in post #11 either...

Old 07-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #16
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Funny how only itself some people take here and go off..

Paint the Tread subject read? Dignity just Kaman with pleasure here see, even if it is unlikely.

Now where the LAC Camby have and to you a power Forward is absent, then maybe bass is so valuable, and Damp fills the money.
?

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote