Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Shooting Star Away?

I'm a person who believes we are just a star sg away from contention level again which is why I'd do either of these two trades

Dallas trades:
Jet
Stack
Bass

NJ Trades:
Vince Carter

or

Dallas trades:
Jet
Stack
Bass

Milwauke trades:
Michael Redd

Both trades work under the CBA. Now at first look it seems like we are giving up a lot but objectively, we make either one of those trades. This team has to win NOW. Getting a star SG is the best move this team can make IMO. Stack is done (imo), Terry doesn't have a position and Bass is still a big if. I think both of those teams would entertain that idea. Imagine:

Kidd
VC or Redd
Howard
Dirk
Diop/Damp

We'd have to fill in the 6th man role but Boston managed to get by without a great 6th man. The team can't rely on scoring at the 1 and 5 so it will have to get a major punch at the 2.

I know these ideas have been thrown out there before but I wasn't on board before. I'd rather go into the season with a powerhouse of a starting line-up then a bunch of maybes on the bench.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take either deal and call it a great offseason...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure the Jefferson trade makes Redd unavailable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

NJ sounds more likely. It seems like they want to get rid of VC's contract. They get a solid starter/6th in Terry who is clutch and can shoot lights out, expiring contract Stack for NJ to really hit the market big in 2010, and Bass who would really fill in since they might part ways with Krstic.

It's early because I don't think anything will happen til free agency is over but those are the best star sgs that I think we could feasibly acquire.

Edit: Good point Jthig.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-03-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Do it!
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wasnt Posey the 6th man for Boston??

and I would do the VC trade idk about the Redd trade I think we should at least leave Bass out of it.

VC with all his issues is still a 25 5 5 guy

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd
Carter
Howard
Dirk
Diop

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Perkins

Looks like a fair fight to me...

Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'd do it but with New Jersey supposedly trying to get read for the Lebron sweepstakes wouldn't bringing on Terry and his large contract conflict with that plan?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #9
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to hang on to Bass if at all possible.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
Abhi

Abhi is on a distinguished road

jet+stack+bass=carter??are you kidding?
Abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I'd do it but with New Jersey supposedly trying to get read for the Lebron sweepstakes wouldn't bringing on Terry and his large contract conflict with that plan?
It would be less then vcs and would shave a lot off when Stack becomes a free agent this summer. Plus if Stack can still contribute something this season then I'd say it's a fair trade.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

they would do it, lets offer it...with the deal done, it guarantees lbj goes there, thats what new jersey wants, it'll save them 10 mil for him...were right back in contention, vincanity is the same age as jet, 31, got another 3 or 4 good years left. which we could have the best big three...give us a three peat cubes
Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Stack/Barea/George/Jones for VC = championship
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #14
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Old 07-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Kidd
Carter
Howard
Dirk
Diop

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Perkins

Looks like a fair fight to me...
Are you kidding? Dallas would dismantle that team.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #16
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Are you kidding? Dallas would dismantle that team.
yah buddy!

Last edited by chosen_one8976; 07-03-2008 at 02:19 PM.
chosen_one8976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #17
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

No ones trading Bass. I think hes gonna contribute a lot next year. Especially cause he performed so well in the playoffs. Put in someone like Jones George Barea.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 07-03-2008 at 04:48 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #18
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

I prefere Redd. Very good shooter and the best 3point men! Good defender.... much younger than Carter...
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
I prefere Redd. Very good shooter and the best 3point men! Good defender.... much younger than Carter...
I am so happy you put the exclamation point in there.

I know that Redd and Good Defender can not be in the same sentence without some strange explanation.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'd rather have Redd, but I guess Carter is more realistic... too bad he would sit out most of the season and totally bitch out on the team after we hit a rough patch. Normally I would say no heart, no thanks... but we aren't giving up too much in that deal for him.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #21
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The Bucks no longer want anything we have after their trade for Richard Jefferson. Unless, you consider in giving them Dirk Nowitzki.

Contact Me
Old 07-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #22
ghazi
Platinum Member

DID YOU SEEEE

THAT VVVV CCC

THREEEEEEE

(from Jason Kidd)
Old 07-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #23
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I'm not sure I'mpositive with the idea of parting ways with Bass. But anyway.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
The Bucks no longer want anything we have after their trade for Richard Jefferson. Unless, you consider in giving them Dirk Nowitzki.
I bet they'd love to have Bass. They're only other half-decent pf is Carlie Villanueva whom they are trying to trade.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:05 AM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I'd rather have Redd, but I guess Carter is more realistic... too bad he would sit out most of the season and totally bitch out on the team after we hit a rough patch. Normally I would say no heart, no thanks... but we aren't giving up too much in that deal for him.
I'd LOVE to have Redd's shooting in Dallas, but for some reason I think Dirk & Kidd need this more:

Old 07-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #26
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Vince Carter - Dallas Maverick... that just sounds good to me for some reason. .. he really is what we need at the 2 spot. But it would need to keep Bass out of that equation if at all possible. Otherwise... yeah still do it, but Bass is our only bench besides Terry really (if he doesnt start). But, I do see where there would be many more options for us to sign good players for the vet minimum/MLE if we worked the deal to get Diop/VC in a trade. We would have the be the most desirable team to goto at that point.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
Vince Carter - Dallas Maverick... that just sounds good to me for some reason. .. he really is what we need at the 2 spot. But it would need to keep Bass out of that equation if at all possible. Otherwise... yeah still do it, but Bass is our only bench besides Terry really (if he doesnt start). But, I do see where there would be many more options for us to sign good players for the vet minimum/MLE if we worked the deal to get Diop/VC in a trade. We would have the be the most desirable team to goto at that point.
At this point, I'd rather have 5 solid starters and no bench than 3 or 4 solid starters and a solid bench... We can pick up a few vets at minimum and let them duke it out with the youngin's for the 6-8 slots (but then you're betting that 2 or 3 of them will actually pan out...)

Old 07-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #28
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I bet they'd love to have Bass. They're only other half-decent pf is Carlie Villanueva whom they are trying to trade.
I don't disagree with you here, but we would have to match salaries with Redd and I don't see them wanting JET (Mo Williams), Damp (Bogut), and now Josh Howard (Jefferson).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
At this point, I'd rather have 5 solid starters and no bench than 3 or 4 solid starters and a solid bench... We can pick up a few vets at minimum and let them duke it out with the youngin's for the 6-8 slots (but then you're betting that 2 or 3 of them will actually pan out...)
Exactly. And as the Boston Celtics proved, once you have a legitimate starting 5--veterans will come cheap, wanting to ride the coattails for a championship.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-04-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #29
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

How about trading Howard and someone else for him. Would that work out??
Old 07-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler
How about trading Howard and someone else for him. Would that work out??
Now you have a hole at the 3 instead of the 2...

Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #31
RaphAC

RaphAC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I'm a person who believes we are just a star sg away from contention level again which is why I'd do either of these two trades

Dallas trades:
Jet
Stack
Bass

NJ Trades:
Vince Carter

or

Dallas trades:
Jet
Stack
Bass

Milwauke trades:
Michael Redd

Both trades work under the CBA. Now at first look it seems like we are giving up a lot but objectively, we make either one of those trades. This team has to win NOW. Getting a star SG is the best move this team can make IMO. Stack is done (imo), Terry doesn't have a position and Bass is still a big if. I think both of those teams would entertain that idea. Imagine:

Kidd
VC or Redd
Howard
Dirk
Diop/Damp

We'd have to fill in the 6th man role but Boston managed to get by without a great 6th man. The team can't rely on scoring at the 1 and 5 so it will have to get a major punch at the 2.

I know these ideas have been thrown out there before but I wasn't on board before. I'd rather go into the season with a powerhouse of a starting line-up then a bunch of maybes on the bench.
Sounds good on paper, but boston had a whole other team as second stringers that were better than the knicks...look it up....
RaphAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Uh, I don't have to, I already know their bench was weak. Did their bench over-perform sure but their best bench player was James Posey and it's a drop-off after that.

Perhaps you should look it up?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #33
RaphAC

Ray Allen
42 Tony Allen
93 P.J. Brown
28 Sam Cassell
11 Glen Davis
Semih Erden
5 Kevin Garnett
J.R. Giddens
50 Eddie House
43 Kendrick Perkins
34 Paul Pierce
66 Scot Pollard
41 James Posey
0 Leon Powe
13 Gabe Pruitt
9 Rajon Rondo
44 Brian Scalabrine
Bill Walker

sounds like a bunch of scrubs to me....even those 85 percent of those guys were in rotations on other teams last year...

anyway this is off topic, out of anybody in the league you want bum ass vince carter?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #34
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah that bench still doesn't impress me.

You gotta do a bit of scouting. It's not that I want him and ONLY him. You have to look at who we could actually have a chance of getting. If you wanna provide some other semi-realistic big names at the 2, be my guest. Plus I'll take 21/5/5 from the 2 any day.

Ron Artest is the only other one off the top of my head. Corey Maggette but I think that his services have way too much competition. Maybe J-Rich or G. Wallace from Charlotte but will they actually be available?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #35
RaphAC

Artest...i know the cancer talk, but he is the only one I feel would come here and explode..

maggette I also feel would come here and do damage..

redd is too much of a liability on the defensive end...thats why artest is our man, a great defender and good scorer
Old 07-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #36
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

i just cant believe how everyone on this board is willing to part with stack and jet so quickly. i despise that. i think they are both endlessly valuable (i kno ima get beat up for sayin that, but i dont give a fuck) and trading them PLUS bass for VC (who MAYBE is as good as two of the 3 in that trade) is just insane. VC sucks straight up, and yes he would whine all year long the little bitch. redd, on the other hand, is much much much more worth it, but still not even close to all 3 of them (jet, stack, bass).

i don't kno, i just hate that every topic i open contains trading josh, jet, stack, bass...i feel its stupid. we had a shit year last year which made me wanna almost stop watchin b-ball, but i kno it wasn't how it was supposed to be. we WILL be better this year, and we WILL contend. maybe we need a SG to complete this team, but freakin give up JJ, george, and jones; not our actual star players.
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think if Dallas, SA or La gets Artest then one of those three will be the favorite to come out of the west.

If SA gets Maggette or Artest then we HAVE to counter with something. In fact, the Mavs, imo, don't stand a chance to come out of the west without a big upgrade at the 2.

VC is the most versatile of the options imo and knows Kidd's game well. That would be huge in helping get Kidd to his former self.

Unless Charlotte is having a fire sale then I think management should go after either VC or Artest.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #38
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I done see Artest coming here. I just dont see him fitting in with the guys. But the reason he wont come here is because of the coach.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 07-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #39
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199
i just cant believe how everyone on this board is willing to part with stack and jet so quickly. i despise that. i think they are both endlessly valuable (i kno ima get beat up for sayin that, but i dont give a fuck) and trading them PLUS bass for VC (who MAYBE is as good as two of the 3 in that trade) is just insane. VC sucks straight up, and yes he would whine all year long the little bitch. redd, on the other hand, is much much much more worth it, but still not even close to all 3 of them (jet, stack, bass).

i don't kno, i just hate that every topic i open contains trading josh, jet, stack, bass...i feel its stupid. we had a shit year last year which made me wanna almost stop watchin b-ball, but i kno it wasn't how it was supposed to be. we WILL be better this year, and we WILL contend. maybe we need a SG to complete this team, but freakin give up JJ, george, and jones; not our actual star players.
You have to give up good players to get good players in return. This isn't the Lakers, Jerry West, and Pau Gasol here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I done see Artest coming here. I just dont see him fitting in with the guys. But the reason he wont come here is because of the coach.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you here. Artest has played with Carlisle before, so that takes the "new system" excuse out of the way. And his combination of hard-nosed defense to play alongside Dirk and his ability to post up players so Dirk can play a more perimeter oriented game will be perfect fits with our superstar. Not too mention we have the great Jason Kidd to run the offense.

Contact Me
Old 07-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #40
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:

I wholeheartedly disagree with you here. Artest has played with Carlisle before, so that takes the "new system" excuse out of the way. And his combination of hard-nosed defense to play alongside Dirk and his ability to post up players so Dirk can play a more perimeter oriented game will be perfect fits with our superstar. Not too mention we have the great Jason Kidd to run the offense.
It has to do with their relation ship. Poeple talk about players like Vince whining, juts look at Artest. But anyway, when Rick was asked about Artest of course he said good things, because it was the right thing to say. But their relation ship isnt as good as some think.

........GO MAVS