Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Artest

Since his name keeps coming up, I thought I would throw out some various 2 team deals...

Stack and Jet for Artest and Kenny Thomas. I don't know if Sacramento wants Jet's contract, and I don't know if the Mavs feel like losing two of their top 7 for one player who has plenty of questions.

Josh, and Stack for Artest, Garcia, and Thomas. Dallas takes on a nasty salary to make this work, and they deal the best asset in the trade. That ought to be worth Garcia.

Josh and Bass for Artest and Garcia. The Kings get even more over-loaded up front with less depth in the backcourt. The Mavs get lighter up front and more overloaded at guard. So I'm not crazy about it. Throw in Eddie Jones and Shelden Williams, and you might have something...

Jet, Stack, and Eddie Jones for Ron, Kenny Thomas, and Shelden Williams. Bass could be added, but again, I think the Mavs are giving up too much in this kind of deal. Leaving Bass out of it makes it easier for me. You're still losing two rotational players, and you might only be getting one back though. That's steep. Substituting Garcia for Shelden appeals more to me, but it might be too much for the Kings.

Josh and Eddie Jones for Ron Artest, Garcia, Shelden Williams. Dallas is giving the best asset in this deal, and they are probably going to be spending some money, so they get more talent. The Kings are pretty deep up front with young players, and Shelden isn't their guy anyway. So they open up some minutes for kids like Hawes and Thompson, they get rid of Artest, and it costs them Garcia.

Maybe taking that idea and simplifying it, you could deal Josh and Eddie Jones for Ron and Salmons. Maybe the Kings like Garcia more than Salmons, so they cut off Salmon's extra years, and they come away with a respectable deal for Artest.

To simplify it even more, you might check into Josh for Artest and Garcia. If that was too rich for the Kings, they might be more interested in dealing Shelden Williams in Garcia's place.

So which deals did I miss or forget? What do you like, if any?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

We've kicked several scenarios around in another thread. Personally, I don't think the Mavs are trading Howard for Artest, and I don't think the Kings want Terry and his contract.

So really, you're looking at Bass and enough expirings to take back Kenny Thomas. If you can do that you might have a deal. So you'd be talking Bass, Stack, Jones, DG snt'd, and someone else like Magloire or JuHoward snt'd.

Josh and Stack plus maybe Jones for Artest, Garcia and Thomas has been discussed, and I think I would do that if I had to, but I really don't think the Mavs would even think about it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I could be talked in to a Josh for Artest deal. I would be reluctant, but I could be talked in to it. Of course, I would need more talent back from Sacramento to make it worth my while, and I wouldn't be eating their bad contracts. That's why I mentioned guys like Salmons and Garcia.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm not interested in sending Josh unless at the very least Garcia is coming back. But I just don't think the Mavs will even consider it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to be the pessimist, but I doubt this happens.

Usually when we hear about the proposed trades they don't happen. Plus it has been said that the Kings aren't in any rush to move him so....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Yeah, we heard about a sign-and-trade for Diop. Never happened. Wouldn't surprise me if this didn't happen either.

Last edited by Caseman; 07-17-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The latest word being kicked around is Bass/Stack for Artest. This seems like a feeler, doubt Sacto even considers it but hopefully it opens up the phone lines.

I think the most likely scenario is beefing up the expirings to absorb Kenny Thomas.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
ddh33
Platinum Member

If Stein would have posted his article last night, he could have saved me some time. Forget about dealing Josh for Artest just about no matter what, it seems.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
bao_down1

bao_down1 is on a distinguished road

id would much rather give up stacks contract. I would rather have Howard and Artest playing.

bye Jet or stack. maybe both?

Kiid
Howard
Artest
Dirk
Damp/Diop

DIRK "guiding teams to championships"

-Thats what i do..
bao_down1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Cant do both without taking on something else salaries don't match

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-17-2008 at 01:53 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

...oops

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-17-2008 at 02:17 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How about adding a Miller/Damp swap to the mix?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Are you trying to tank the deal?

[btw - if you could land Artest AND Miller while keeping Dirk and Kidd?... RINGS!!! (<---- In my best "DRAINAGE!!!" impression)]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-17-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Wouldn't really accomplish a whole lot. Assuming Damp's final year is as unlikely to be guranteed as we think it is, their contracts expire in the same year and Miller makes only slightly more than Damp.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Wouldn't really accomplish a whole lot.
Except for a HUGE upgrade at the 5...

Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Except for a HUGE upgrade at the 5...

Upgrade yes, huge, no.

Miller is a huge liability defensively. That takes away from his offensive game for me, even though he had a nice retrenching year last year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #17
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah Miller would be a HUGE upgrade at the 5 offensively. Last year he averaged 13.4 ppg (46% from the field) with almost 85% free throw shooting, with 9.5 rebounds a game. All of these stats are only slightly above his career stats. We'd still have Diop for Defense. Moot point though because no way in hell would that every transpire.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-17-2008 at 02:50 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Upgrade yes, huge, no.

Miller is a huge liability defensively. That takes away from his offensive game for me, even though he had a nice retrenching year last year.
But paired with Diop, he'd be a HUGE upgrade for this team (since Diop's & Damp's skillsets are redundant...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-17-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
But paired with Diop, he'd be a HUGE upgrade for this team (since Diop's & Damp's skills are redundant...)
True, but in general I'm much more interested in defense from my center position since Dirk is not a shot blocker and generally saves himself for offense.

I'm willing to sacrifice defense for someone who scores in the block, but Miller generally gets his points with his mid range shot. If you're going to play someone who doesn't defend centers well, doesn't protect the rim particularly well and scores mostly from mid range you might as well play Bass at center.

Plus someone like Miller thrives playing a high post offense where he can hold the ball and hit cutters. That's Kidd's role on this team.

Don't get me wrong, I love Miller's game, and he's clearly an upgrade in overall talent over Damp. But I don't think he's a great fit for this team, really.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-17-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
True, but in general I'm much more interested in defense from my center position since Dirk is not a shot blocker and generally saves himself for offense.

I'm willing to sacrifice defense for someone who scores in the block, but Miller generally gets his points with his mid range shot. If you're going to play someone who doesn't defend centers well, doesn't protect the rim particularly well and scores mostly from mid range you might as well play Bass at center.

Plus someone like Miller thrives playing a high post offense where he can hold the ball and hit cutters. That's Kidd's role on this team.

Don't get me wrong, I love Miller's game, and he's clearly an upgrade in overall talent over Damp. But I don't think he's a great fit for this team, really.
But... But... But...

(you make a pretty good point...)

Old 07-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
bao_down1

bao_down1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

i agree

DIRK "guiding teams to championships"

-Thats what i do..
bao_down1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #22
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Stack and Jet

No trading bass. He's a young piece that this veteran team needs. We need bass behind dirk.
You know what Im going to find a brandon bass sig.
Could anyone make me a Bass signature?

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 07-17-2008 at 03:14 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler
No trading bass. He's a young piece that this veteran team needs. We need bass behind dirk.
You know what Im going to find a brandon bass sig.
Could anyone make me a Bass signature?
link

Old 07-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #24
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hah. Of course i clicked it. But i didnt watch it i closed it when i saw the title.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
Hah. Of course i clicked it. But i didnt watch it i closed it when i saw the title.
If Bass is still around when the season starts, I'll have him in my sig too...

Old 07-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #26
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Timeout what are all these rumors that are saying the Lakers are trying to get Artest?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Timeout what are all these rumors that are saying the Lakers are trying to get Artest?
post #103 & on

(welcome to a week ago...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-17-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #28
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

How about some fun!!

Successful Trade Scenario

Due to Chicago, Sacramento, and Dallas being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Chicago, Sacramento, and Dallas had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID #4730163

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
No games yet played in 2007/08
Outgoing Players
Kirk Hinrich
6-3 PG from Kansas

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Kirk Hinrich
6-3 PG from Kansas
Outgoing Players
Al Harrington
6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Brandon Bass
6-8 PF from Lousiana State
Eddie Jones
6-6 SG / SF from Temple
Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
Josh Howard
6-5 SG / SF from Wake Forrest
Outgoing Players
Francisco Garcia
6-7 SG / SF from Louisville
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Al Harrington
Francisco Garcia
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Outgoing Players
Brandon Bass
Eddie Jones
6-6 SG / SF from Temple
Jerry Stackhouse
Josh Howard

Chicago gets a true center for Hinrich who they need to move.
GSW gets to move Harrington who has asked for a trade, for a true PG to run with Ellis and Maggette. He would be a Nellie special.
Sac gets Howard and Bass and expiring so they can rebuild
Dal gets a starting SG and SF and a 3/4 who has played for Carlisle in Ind.

Dallas
JKidd, Terry, JJB
Garcia, Wright, RTerry
Artest, Greene
Dirk, Harrington
Diop, Damp

With an Kidd, Terry, Garcia, Artest, Harrington, Dirk, Diop, Damp for the big 8 playoff members.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 07-17-2008 at 04:21 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #29
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Woah. Thats too much to keep up with.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #30
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

It is creativ.

I would add Al Harrington and Damp from Dallas for Kenny Thomas from the Kings.

And last but not least the Mavs trade Kenny Thomas for Kaman with the Clippers, because they already have Camby now and with Thomas they become a PF :-)
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
How about some fun!!

Successful Trade Scenario

Due to Chicago, Sacramento, and Dallas being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Chicago, Sacramento, and Dallas had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID #4730163

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Outgoing Players
Kirk Hinrich
6-3 PG from Kansas

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Kirk Hinrich
6-3 PG from Kansas
Outgoing Players
Al Harrington

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Brandon Bass
Eddie Jones
6-6 SG / SF from Temple
Jerry Stackhouse
Josh Howard
Outgoing Players
Francisco Garcia
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Al Harrington
Francisco Garcia
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
Outgoing Players
Brandon Bass
Eddie Jones
6-6 SG / SF from Temple
Jerry Stackhouse
Josh Howard

Chicago gets a true center for Hinrich who they need to move.
GSW gets to move Harrington who has asked for a trade, for a true PG to run with Ellis and Maggette. He would be a Nellie special.
Sac gets Howard and Bass and expiring so they can rebuild
Dal gets a starting SG and SF and a 3/4 who has played for Carlisle in Ind.

Dallas
JKidd, Terry, JJB
Garcia, Wright, RTerry
Artest, Greene
Dirk, Harrington
Diop, Damp

With an Kidd, Terry, Garcia, Artest, Harrington, Dirk, Diop, Damp for the big 8 playoff members.
Nice thinking.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #32
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Shouldn't you then start harrington at center instead of putting him behind dirk.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #33
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shouldn't you then start harrington at center instead of putting him behind dirk.
is that you don nelson?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #34
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don´t shut off the lovely tune, dude !
Old 07-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #35
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
is that you don nelson?
Well he would have to play center at some time. I dont see him getting any minutes otherwise.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well he would have to play center at some time. I dont see him getting any minutes otherwise.
He is a legit backup for the 3 and 4....he'd get 20 a night.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

any conversation of Artest coming without Howard should be labeled as fantasy...

I just don't see how the Kings couldn't get more in return than a nice young player and cap relief.

Of course, I wouldn't have thought Camby would have gone so cheaply either....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
any conversation of Artest coming without Howard should be labeled as fantasy...

I just don't see how the Kings couldn't get more in return than a nice young player and cap relief.

Of course, I wouldn't have thought Camby would have gone so cheaply either....

Exactly and other teams aren't giving in to Sacramento's demands either. Lets not forget Artest has gone a little coo coo lately and can't keep his mouth shut. That KILLS a player's trade value. (something we should have learned with Kidd who also put the Nets in an awkward position)

I think too many people miss the point. The point is not whether Artest is better than Howard. The fact of the matter is Artest's market value doesn't warrant a Howard at this point so why give in?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Artest makes it sort of tough imo. You can't trade him to a bad team because he'll go crazy. You also may not want to trade him to a team that "may" be on the cusp because he might go crazy.

He's a risk...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #40
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Something crazy is what the mavs need right now.