Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-11-2003, 08:53 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default would the cowboys be better if....

would the cowboys be better if they just lined up another running back in the backfield and put extra blockers/tight ends into the game in place of the receivers?

QCar can't throw the ball well enough to be a legitimate threat at the QB spot....at least they could take a look at another running back to try and find the RB of the future if hambrick doesn't pan out..and we wouldn't have to watch QCar anymore...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: would the cowboys be better if....

maybe if they ran the option all the time...
Old 09-11-2003, 09:21 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

put galloway as the QB
Old 09-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
maybe if they ran the option all the time...
Qspare would get mauled if we ran the option. The option is not a viable NFL scheme. Yeah...let's do that...the #1 pick is ours! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:09 AM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

anything that keeps the cowboy qbs from throwing the ball...
Old 09-11-2003, 10:45 AM   #6
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

they moved to NFL Europe?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:12 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

sturm...that may be a level or two too high for QCar. If they played high school ball, QCar could probably compete at the 3A level here in Texas...a good 3A, but not a dominant team
Old 09-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

carter could probably play some mean 6-man football... less people that could potentially pick off passes...
Old 09-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
carter could probably play some mean 6-man football... less people that could potentially pick off passes...
You know....that is a great point. Plus, all the Qspare lovers could see him run up to the line of scrimmage and throw pass after pass into the turf. They would get to see that awesome talent on display an additional 20-30 times a game in 6-man.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:36 PM   #10
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

Say what you want, but he beat out the guy some of you was pulling for and said he wouldn't beat out. QUINCY CARTER IS THE STARTER

I am done with this thread
Old 09-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

We all cheer for the same football team but we all like to bash our qb. I will never understand that.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:44 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Say what you want, but he beat out the guy some of you was pulling for and said he wouldn't beat out. QUINCY CARTER IS THE STARTER

I was hoping you wouldn't let them suck you in. Just let the we hate Quincy lovefest die on it's own.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2003, 03:46 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:

I was hoping you wouldn't let them suck you in.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Yea. Its simple. They got bored and decided to bring the Najera and Quincy bashing back up. Simple.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Quote:

What kind of dumbass are you? What does this statement have to do with the topic of this thread? Did anyone mention that he wasn't the starter? The question was asked if the Cowboys would be better if they didn't throw the ball. Can you please not clutter up every freaking thread with your broken record bullshit about Qspare beating out Hutchisuck? Everyone has stated that ad naseum. You are just too ignorant to read the 8000 posts or so wiht that message in them. You are pathologically fixated to defending Qstank. What a maroon.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:06 PM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:

What kind of dumbass are you? What does this statement have to do with the topic of this thread? Did anyone mention that he wasn't the starter? The question was asked if the Cowboys would be better if they didn't throw the ball. Can you please not clutter up every freaking thread with your broken record bullshit about Qspare beating out Hutchisuck? Everyone has stated that ad naseum. You are just too ignorant to read the 8000 posts or so wiht that message in them. You are pathologically fixated to defending Qstank. What a maroon.
Why are you so angry? It's like this is a legitimate football thread. Would the Cowboys be better if the ran the option???? The whole thread is "na na na na na Quincy sucks".

And why do people hate Q Car so much? I know the QB is always a lightning rod, but this is ridiculous. It's not like we're a Super Bowl team and he's holding us back. It's not like we have some young hot prospect that he's keeping on the bench. Parcells said it: Chad is not ready. Everybody knows that Quincy can't play except the coach with 2 rings. The Bengals were trying to trade the #1 pick if anyone wanted Palmer. We could have drafted Leftwich, Boller, Ragone, Sims or any of the QB's in the draft. We could have signed on of the 2 Jakes in free agency. We have 4 mil in cap room. Obviously Bill thinks one of these guys can play. I just don't know where the venom comes from.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Quote:

Why are you so angry? It's like this is a legitimate football thread. Would the Cowboys be better if the ran the option???? The whole thread is "na na na na na Quincy sucks".

And why do people hate Q Car so much? I know the QB is always a lightning rod, but this is ridiculous. It's not like we're a Super Bowl team and he's holding us back. It's not like we have some young hot prospect that he's keeping on the bench. Parcells said it: Chad is not ready. Everybody knows that Quincy can't play except the coach with 2 rings. The Bengals were trying to trade the #1 pick if anyone wanted Palmer. We could have drafted Leftwich, Boller, Ragone, Sims or any of the QB's in the draft. We could have signed on of the 2 Jakes in free agency. We have 4 mil in cap room. Obviously Bill thinks one of these guys can play. I just don't know where the venom comes from.

I'm not sure myself. I don't know if they feel that if they bash Carter more than Bill will sit him on the bench and start Hutch or what. He is our qb. He is going to be our qb all season. Deal with it. Instead of bashing the guy lets talk about what he needs to do to get a win next week in NY. Bashing solves nothing but floods the board full of trash. I'm trying to figure out where the Najera bashing came from. Is it because he is mexican? That must've went on while I was away during the draft week. The Quincy Carter hate is going to be there I just don't get how Najera got involved.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 04:33 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

just let it be noted that i said "QBs" not "QB"

they both suck. i hope the cowboys pull out enough lucky wins this year so that they don't get a decent draft pick. cause i don't like the cowboys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and ffm, don't try to bring race into this...

the najera stuff stems from an age-old argument, as does this carter stuff. crying foul by bringing in race is the absolute wrong way to go about it.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:39 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Why are you so angry?
Who is angry? I hate that Qassholefan clutters up every thread with the Qspare beat out Hutch garbage when noone else brings up that topic. Hardly anger though. It's just very annoying that this guy cannot rationally understand the point. He has such a chubby fro Qspare that he can't digest the intent of any thread.

Quote:
It's like this is a legitimate football thread. Would the Cowboys be better if the ran the option???? The whole thread is "na na na na na Quincy sucks".
Qspare does suck, but that is another topic in another thread. This topic asks "Would the Cowboys be better if they just lined up another running back in the backfield and put extra blockers/tight ends into the game in place of the receivers? murph then adds supporting information, but he clearly separates the original question from his thoughts towards an answer.

Quote:
And why do people hate Q Car so much? I know the QB is always a lightning rod, but this is ridiculous.
Noone here has ever stated hate for Qstank that I recall. A lot of us just recognize that he sucks and will not ever be the QB of a Superbowl team. Frustrated fans of all teams rip on shitty QB's of their favorite team. You acknowledge this in your next statement about QB being a lightning rod. It will never change. Not just here but in every city.

Quote:
It's not like we're a Super Bowl team and he's holding us back.

True. We are not a SuperBowl team and he is one of the big reasons for that.

Quote:
It's not like we have some young hot prospect that he's keeping on the bench.
Completely correct. We have noone on the bench at this point to plug in a nd develop. Hutchisuck needs seasoning (or to be cut if he can't figure things out). Romo should not be thrown to the wolves. It would ruin him like so many others before him.

Quote:
Parcells said it: Chad is not ready.
Chad isn't ready, but this thread does not mention Chad until some moron brought him up.

Quote:
Everybody knows that Quincy can't play except the coach with 2 rings.
Wrong. Parcells knows that Qtard can't play as well. It's just that he has nothing better to plug in there in place of Qstanky.

Quote:
The Bengals were trying to trade the #1 pick if anyone wanted Palmer.
Really? Why did they agree to terms with him so quickly then predraft? I know about the rumors, but the first pick is rumored to be traded every year basically. Not sure how this fits.

Quote:
We could have drafted Leftwich, Boller, Ragone, Sims or any of the QB's in the draft.
I suppose so. But since you and Qtardfan place so much stock in Parcells decision making ability...why do you think he didn't draft one of these guys? Qstank is admittedly not any better so it is confusing.

Quote:
We could have signed on of the 2 Jakes in free agency.
Doubtful. Those deals were already in place. Would you rather play for a cruddy team or one wiht prospects for the playoffs?

Quote:
have 4 mil in cap room.
Do we? I'll take your word.

Quote:
obviously Bill thinks one of these guys can play. I just don't know where the venom comes from.
The venom comes from the fact that Qstanky can't play the position. Like all teams, fans expect greatness from the QB. Fair ro not, it is what it is. Do we get greatness? Of course not. We are lucky to get mediocre. We usually get crappy plus.

The second part of the venom question is based on the inability of some posters to read a statement....digest it....comprehend it and make an intelligent response. This is not directed at you at this point. It frustrates the hell out of many of our posters that one guy cannot move past the "hutchisuck got beat out by Qspare my daddy is bigge than your daddy bullshit" even though 100% of all of the other posters have acknowledged that tiny fact. Unfortunately, that same poster(s) just can't bring themselves to admit that Qtard sucks balls. it's just that he is better than the other options on our current roster. Until that/those poster/posters do that....it will be a bloodbath.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:44 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I would hardly quantify name calling as "intelligent response".
Old 09-11-2003, 04:45 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure myself.
Then let it go.

Quote:
I don't know if they feel that if they bash Carter more than Bill will sit him on the bench and start Hutch or what. He is our qb. He is going to be our qb all season. Deal with it.
The first part of this quote is just for effect so I will ignore it like it should be. The other aprt though merits response....Has anyone said anything different? You just can't get past this either? Read the damn threads. Process them. Comprehend them. Please. For the love of all things good. Please.

Quote:
Instead of bashing the guy lets talk about what he needs to do to get a win next week in NY. Bashing solves nothing but floods the board full of trash.
If fans didn't critique the players these boards would suck awfully bad. Feel free not to respond though. That is what ultimately fills the board with trash. Trash happens when poster refuse to acknowledge facts, fail to acknowledge other people's statements, and fixate on some bullshit comment that they made up in their own mind.

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out where the Najera bashing came from. Is it because he is mexican? That must've went on while I was away during the draft week.
You bring up racial references at every opportunity. Give ti a rest. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with stats. Take the time to read some of those threads. murph and kg_veteran put a lot of time and research into them. At least you could do them the courtesy to read, process, and comprehend their statements before you go off half cocked about it being a racial issue.

Quote:
The Quincy Carter hate is going to be there I just don't get how Najera got involved.
If you took the time to read some of the other threads it would become very apparent.

Old 09-11-2003, 05:07 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
just let it be noted that i said "QBs" not "QB"

they both suck. i hope the cowboys pull out enough lucky wins this year so that they don't get a decent draft pick. cause i don't like the cowboys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and ffm, don't try to bring race into this...

the najera stuff stems from an age-old argument, as does this carter stuff. crying foul by bringing in race is the absolute wrong way to go about it.

Umm no. Don't try to act like i'm the one with the problem here. Someone stated above that they like to bash mexicans so I assumed that is what was going on here. What has Najera done to be bashed? Nothing which is why I questioned why he was being bashed. Race is not a big deal so don't make it out to be something it isn't. We are all grown here. I wish we would stop acting so immature when it comes to race.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 05:10 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

BIO, i'd much rather have someone PM me to tell me the whole Najera situation. Everything I read about him is that he sucks just like the same I read from Carter. I'm sick of reading it.

One more thing. BIO, you say you hate how QCarfan brings up the whole Hutch vs. Carter debate over and over again? What are you guys doing? The exact same thing. I'm hearing Carter sucks over and over again. I'm hearing how he wouldn't make it on either team in the NFL. I'm hearing that he doesn't have the smarts to be a qb over and over. I mean isn't it a bit hypocritcal to say something like "Can you please not clutter up every freaking thread with your broken record bullshit about Qspare beating out Hutchisuck?" I see it as if you are doing the same thing just with a different subject.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 05:24 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

actually, FFM, i'm probably the only guy that has come out to say that CHutch doesn't definitely suck. I'm about the only one that's given him any chance of all of succeeding.. albeit a small chance.

Old 09-11-2003, 05:30 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
actually, FFM, i'm probably the only guy that has come out to say that CHutch doesn't definitely suck. I'm about the only one that's given him any chance of all of succeeding.. albeit a small chance.

Even though I think Hutch sucks alot more than Carter I could careless abotu the guy. You guys think Carter sucks. Fine. You want to give Hutch a chance. Fine. Give Carter that same opprotunity as you are giving Hutch. Carter is getting bashed before even playing a 2nd game of the NFL season. Thats just ridiculous to me.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

obviously, it's not just about the first game of the season FFM..it's about his futility that he's displayed since becoming a cowboy.

and to this point, carter has obviously had more of an opportunity than chutch.

let crutch come in and fail then the cowboys can get rid of both of them
Old 09-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #26
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Let's trust in Parcells. Period.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's like this is a legitimate football thread. Would the Cowboys be better if the ran the option???? The whole thread is "na na na na na Quincy sucks".
[/quote]Qspare does suck, but that is another topic in another thread. This topic asks "Would the Cowboys be better if they just lined up another running back in the backfield and put extra blockers/tight ends into the game in place of the receivers? murph then adds supporting information, but he clearly separates the original question from his thoughts towards an answer.[/quote]
Let's be honest. You can't be implying that this was a thread started to discuss a legitimate football point. Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like he's asking if we should play with no receivers and no quarterback. Kind of humorous, but not a legitimate football point.
Quote:
It's not like we're a Super Bowl team and he's holding us back.
[/quote]True. We are not a SuperBowl team and he is one of the big reasons for that.[/quote]
One of many reasons. Insert your favorite QB and we're still a long way away
Quote:
Everybody knows that Quincy can't play except the coach with 2 rings.
[/quote]Wrong. Parcells knows that Qtard can't play as well. It's just that he has nothing better to plug in there in place of Qstanky.[/quote]
The reason he has nothing better is because he didn't seek anything better. He's been here since Jan.
Quote:

Quote:
The Bengals were trying to trade the #1 pick if anyone wanted Palmer.
Really? Why did they agree to terms with him so quickly then predraft? I know about the rumors, but the first pick is rumored to be traded every year basically. Not sure how this fits.[/quote]
The 1st pick is rumored to be traded almost every year because it can be acquired almost every year for the right price. There were too many outlets reporting it for it not to have any validity. I'm not saying they were giving it away, but with the 5th pick and something else, we could have had #1. Also I don't remember hearing Houston was shoping the pick last year. I definitly don't remember Atl. shopping it when they had it. It fits in because Parcells had options.
Quote:
We could have drafted Leftwich, Boller, Ragone, Sims or any of the QB's in the draft.
[/quote]I suppose so. But since you and Qtardfan place so much stock in Parcells decision making ability...why do you think he didn't draft one of these guys? Qstank is admittedly not any better so it is confusing.[/quote]
He didn't draft any of them because he's not yet convinced that Chad and Quincy can't play. He's not convinced they can, but why take a guy who will take 3 years to develop when you already may have a good one.
Quote:
We could have signed on of the 2 Jakes in free agency.
[/quote]Doubtful. Those deals were already in place. Would you rather play for a cruddy team or one wiht prospects for the playoffs?[/quote]
Most guys go for the money.
Quote:
have 4 mil in cap room.
[/quote]Do we? I'll take your word.[/quote]
4.25 to be exact. Heard it when Norm had Jean Jacque on.
Quote:
obviously Bill thinks one of these guys can play. I just don't know where the venom comes from.
[/quote]The venom comes from the fact that Qstanky can't play the position. Like all teams, fans expect greatness from the QB. Fair ro not, it is what it is. Do we get greatness? Of course not. We are lucky to get mediocre. We usually get crappy plus.[/quote]
Fair enough. I think Quincy can be good, but I could be wrong. We'll know after the season (I'll know after the season, you obviously already know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
[/quote]The second part of the venom question is based on the inability of some posters to read a statement....digest it....comprehend it and make an intelligent response. This is not directed at you at this point. It frustrates the hell out of many of our posters that one guy cannot move past the "hutchisuck got beat out by Qspare my daddy is bigge than your daddy bullshit" even though 100% of all of the other posters have acknowledged that tiny fact. Unfortunately, that same poster(s) just can't bring themselves to admit that Qtard sucks balls. it's just that he is better than the other options on our current roster. Until that/those poster/posters do that....it will be a bloodbath.[/quote].
Bloodbath? That's kind of harsh isn't it?

Old 09-11-2003, 07:59 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
BIO, i'd much rather have someone PM me to tell me the whole Najera situation. Everything I read about him is that he sucks just like the same I read from Carter. I'm sick of reading it.

One more thing. BIO, you say you hate how QCarfan brings up the whole Hutch vs. Carter debate over and over again? What are you guys doing? The exact same thing. I'm hearing Carter sucks over and over again. I'm hearing how he wouldn't make it on either team in the NFL. I'm hearing that he doesn't have the smarts to be a qb over and over. I mean isn't it a bit hypocritcal to say something like "Can you please not clutter up every freaking thread with your broken record bullshit about Qspare beating out Hutchisuck?" I see it as if you are doing the same thing just with a different subject.
I didn't expect you to be intelligent enough to understand. Let me type slower so you can get it.

1. Qassfan ALWAYS clutters up the board with his bullshit about Qspare beating Hutch. He is an unintelligent broken record. Noone has ever said anything to the contrary. Please let that sink in so we can go on.

I expect you to lean to him since birds of a feather flock together.

2. BOTH Qsapre and Hutch suck ass. There is no disputing that.

3. Qcrappy is the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are the most recognizable team in the world. The quarterback has the highest profile. In essence you could argue that Qspare is the focal player on the most recognizable team in the world.

4. Fans criticize the quarterback of their favorite team when they play bad. If you don't want to read it then don't. It happens on 100% of all message boards on the internet.

5. The difference.
a) Qmoronfan only spouts off about Qspare beating Hutch...wah wah wah....it's over and over and over. Noone has ever disputed this yet he continues on like a damn broken record.
b) fans of the cowboys post their displeasure whenever the quarterback sucks. Qshitty sucks. After each game, he is likely to face this kind of backlash. Why? Because he is an awful quarterback.
c) if hutch ever starts this year, he will be criticized here without question. Why? Because he sucks too. It's just the way it works.

So in conclusion....fans will bash/criticize/whatever your symantical preference is the starting quarterback of their favorite team...especially when it is the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys fans DEMAND excellence. We are used to it and nothing short of it is acceptable. Since Qspare is the shitty QB of an unfortunately bad Cowboys team, he will get reamed regularly.

Finally, Qtardfan only refuses to acknowledge, either by choice or pure ignorance, that all of us are aware that Qspare outplayed Chadspare and won the starters position. He has such a manlove chubby for Qspare that he refuses to recognize facts and only injects "Qspare beat out Hutch...wah wah wah..." type crap into every thread. That is clutter. That is trash. That is a spare poster. I'm not surprised though considering his username. I expect spare-type quality from someone like that.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Are you saying we agree with each other because we are both black or because we both like Carter? It doesn't matter because thats not the case. I'm willing to give Carter a chance. Thats it. Plain and simple. Your post is ignoring everything that I stated above. You post this

Quote:
Can you please not clutter up every freaking thread with your broken record bullshit about Qspare beating out Hutchisuck?
I think that is very hypocritcal to say because you are doing the same exact thing except your motive is to bash Carter and QCarfan is to praise him. You are posting the same insults over and over like a broken record. You have called me unintelligent over and over. You have called other posters who disagree with you unitelligent over and over. I have non problem with you postive these comments over and over I just don't see where you get off telling others not to do the same exact thing you are doing.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 08:07 PM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I guess I will give an example of my broken record comments now. There is a difference between criticism and bashing.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #31
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Let's trust in Parcells. Period.

Short, simple and true. Trust in Parcell's.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

dirno- that was getting kind of cluttered so I am only going to quote your last response. I am not intending to cut anything previous...just cleaning up my response....here goes....

Quote:
Let's be honest. You can't be implying that this was a thread started to discuss a legitimate football point. Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like he's asking if we should play with no receivers and no quarterback. Kind of humorous, but not a legitimate football point.
Of course some of it is for effect, but come on...this team is bad. This topic (without the interjection by Qtardfan) had potential to be a fun exercise.

Quote:
One of many reasons. Insert your favorite QB and we're still a long way away
At this point, I couldn't agree more, although if I inserted someone who is available...say Neil O'Donnell, I am convinced that the Cowboys would win more games.

Quote:
The reason he has nothing better is because he didn't seek anything better. He's been here since Jan.
Fair enough. But some are using the "Parcells knows all" comment to support their outlandish claims. Would you not think that if Parcells was the almighty that he could have found a QB? (I think Parcells is a damn fine coach for the record...one of the all time bests and I am glad he is here. I just don't use him asa crutch to prop up our weak players.)

Quote:
The 1st pick is rumored to be traded almost every year because it can be acquired almost every year for the right price. There were too many outlets reporting it for it not to have any validity. I'm not saying they were giving it away, but with the 5th pick and something else, we could have had #1. Also I don't remember hearing Houston was shoping the pick last year. I definitly don't remember Atl. shopping it when they had it. It fits in because Parcells had options.
The way you pointed it out was more matter of factly like they could have just gotten it. The fact is neither of us know for sure. I doubt Cincy was going to give up that pick without getting established players and high picks in return.

Quote:
He didn't draft any of them because he's not yet convinced that Chad and Quincy can't play. He's not convinced they can, but why take a guy who will take 3 years to develop when you already may have a good one.
Personally, I think he feels that he can develop Hutch. I think he feels that he can make Qsapre mediocre to mediocre plus at best. Since you have crap, why not get a guy who at least has promise? I think the Cowboys made the right choice with Newman myself though.

Quote:
Most guys go for the money.
At one point I would have probably agreed, but established players in every sport are now taking the discount to win.

Quote:
4.25 to be exact. Heard it when Norm had Jean Jacque on.
Something that I just haven't bothered to look up. Thanks.

Quote:
Bloodbath? That's kind of harsh isn't it?
Naw...I was being nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 08:11 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

FFM- I have only referred to the utterly stupid as being unintelligent. That list is an exclusive bunch. rcf, joejoe, D77, Qdumbassfan and of course...you. The rest of the posters have at least a shred of intelligence. Stupid people should not post.

As for the other...I didn't expect you to have the mental capacity to grasp the concept.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
FFM- I have only referred to the utterly stupid as being unintelligent. That list is an exclusive bunch. rcf, joejoe, D77, Qdumbassfan and of course...you. The rest of the posters have at least a shred of intelligence. Stupid people should not post.

As for the other...I didn't expect you to have the mental capacity to grasp the concept.

You calling me unintelligent and stupid is like the pot calling the kettle black.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

We obviously both know better. What is your highest level of education? GED?
Old 09-11-2003, 08:23 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
We obviously both know better. What is your highest level of education? GED?

Ummmm lets not start this conversation again. You know BIO what makes it hard to debate with you is that you feel the need to go personal with insults. I have disagreed with KG, BBL, Murph, and others on this board but it never turned into insults. I just don't get what you benefit out of personal attacks.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

I just cannot stand ignorance and you were visited by the dumbass fairy at least once as a child. If you could somehow improve your intelligence and not make up crap on a whim I would gladly engage you in thoughtful conversation. Unfortunately, your level of intelligence does not allow for it.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

[quote]
Are you saying we agree with each other because we are both black or because we both like Carter? .....

There you go again with the race card. That's so weak. If you obviously understand it is because you both like Qspare, why even mention it? It's because yo uenjoy playing the card for effect. Oh well.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:35 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I just cannot stand ignorance and you were visited by the dumbass fairy at least once as a child. If you could somehow improve your intelligence and not make up crap on a whim I would gladly engage you in thoughtful conversation. Unfortunately, your level of intelligence does not allow for it.

Maybe if you had some kind of dignity or class you wouldn't have to turn to insults to win a argument. Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect a guy who gets his jollies off of bashing people for wanting another football player to succeed to have any class or dignity.

1996-2005
Old 09-11-2003, 08:41 PM   #40
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

[quote]
Quote:
Are you saying we agree with each other because we are both black or because we both like Carter? .....

There you go again with the race card. That's so weak. If you obviously understand it is because you both like Qspare, why even mention it? It's because yo uenjoy playing the card for effect. Oh well.

Yea you are right BIO. I get my jollies off of pulling the race card on a message board.
[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

Let me ask you something Doc. What did you mean by this statement"I expect you to lean to him since birds of a feather flock together."? How am I suppose to take that? I assumed since you have called me a racist before I was agreeing with QCarfan because he was black. I'm not sure why you would even make a comment like that anyway. I was here alot longer than QCarfan was. You should be posting statements like that to him not me.

1996-2005