Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Mavs go Vick on the TPups

I would love to have to eat my previous words on this team not turning it around(fingers crossed). Edit: Though at this point, "turning it around" might still not get us to the 8th seed.

Looks like Carlisle has got them putting a little something together lately.

Great to see Collison & Mayo having good nights.

Brand rediscovering his midrange shot is SUCH a huge asset for this team.

Dirk is starting to look a lot more fluid out there.

The TPups stink, but its nice to beat a bad team badly.

Your thoughts?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 01-14-2013 at 11:01 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Mayo & DC with 9 assist..What is going on?
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I would love to have to eat my previous words on this team not turning it around(fingers crossed). Edit: Though at this point, "turning it around" might still not get us to the 8th seed.

Looks like Carlisle has got them putting a little something together lately.

Great to see Collison & Mayo having good nights.

Brand rediscovering his midrange shot is SUCH a huge asset for this team.

Dirk is starting to look a lot more fluid out there.

The TPups stink, but its nice to beat a bad team badly.

Your thoughts?
I think this team may finally be putting it together but we definitely have some weak areas. Seems like either we have offense or we have rebounding. This game was offense.

Still gotta learn how to close games

Still don't have 2010 Dirk back. I hope we get him back soon. Hopefully the allstar break will help him-- you can bet he'll be hitting the gym hard. We still have OKC twice, San Antone and Houston before the break though. It'd be nice to win at least 1-2 of those 4.

Long way to go to on this one. 5 games out of the playoffs and we may need to go 31-12 to get the 8th seed.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-14-2013 at 11:16 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
Mayo & DC with 9 assist..What is going on?
And with only 4 turn overs between them.

I'm hoping that the "hot potato" handling of the rock they showed for long stretches earlier is getting groomed out of their respective games.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Still don't have 2010 Dirk back. I hope we get him back soon.
I'd be happy with 85% of 2010/11 Dirk.

With Dirk its so different from many star players...he relies so much on "rhythm". I wonder how long it takes to get that back?

Quote:
Long way to go to on this one. 5 games out of the playoffs and we may need to go 31-12 to get the 8th seed.
yikes....that just doesn't seem even close to doable. Making up 5 games isn't such a big deal...its making up 5 games on so many teams that scares me. Honestly, I don't know if I see any of the current top 8 dropping of that much.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Did the Rockets won like 21 in a row in about the same situation?

I take 7 in a row
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The Kaman/Brand duo at center finally looks like it makes sense. I hope we keep both at this rate.

I do like Roddy at back-up. It works.

Collison proving he is the starter and then some. 20/9 with getting 8/8 at the line. Yes please.

Mayo a very solid game. His turnovers are almost non-existent lately. Looks close to a Lebron stat line there as well.

You can see that this team is finally getting it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The Kaman/Brand duo at center finally looks like it makes sense. I hope we keep both at this rate.
It worked pretty well before in the LA days...there is no reason it couldn't regularly work here.

Quote:
Collison proving he is the starter and then some. 20/9 with getting 8/8 at the line. Yes please.
I'm still not sure Carlisle handled him best earlier in the season (when he kid looked scared of his own shadow), but he has looked very solid recently.

Last edited by sike; 01-15-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Play teams every night as they come off a back to back.

...Collision (23), Mayo (20) and Brand (20) all scored 20-plus points for Dallas in the win. It marked the first time this season that the Mavericks had three players with 20-plus points in a game. The last time Dallas had three players score at least 20 and Dirk Nowitzki wasn't one of the player was Jan. 30, 2012 vs Phoenix (Vince Carter 21, Shawn Marion 20 and Delonte West 25). Dirk had 10 in that game. Dirk finished the game against Minnesota with 10 points.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we tapped that ass.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #11
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

So nice to see a slew of wins. Team is coming together. Were gonna be fighting the Lakers for that 8th seed. Book it.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

6-0
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

hitting 94% of free throws.
single digit turnovers at 9
33 total team assists (way to share the ball guys!)

feeling good.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the wins, love the way they're playing lately....but I think it's too early to be yanked around by this team again. Why would you put much stock into the team "turning it around" after 3 wins against bad teams or teams in a funk, and on 2nd night of back to backs. Don't do that to yourselves yet. A lil early imo. I need consistency for a few weeks, plus a few big wins against upper teams.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to get too high here as well. Collison, Mayo, Brand were dynamite, but not buying it until they show it more consistently. All three have been too up and down to call this a reliable sample.

We might also see the peak here and the truth should lie somewhere between the turnover prone, indecisive backcourt and Elton "No Show" Brand and what we saw over the last three.

Backup point obviously still a big concern. Roddy has shown some improvements early when he took over for DoJo, but especially against Memphis when they tried to put the ball in his hands in the pick and roll more frequently he ended up with four turnovers (and some unbearable play in general). Taking care of the ball was one of his strengths so far, but it really has had a lot to do with the Mavs running their offense through Dirk and Vince (even Crowder) whenever he has been on the court.

That said, he still a better option than DoJo and James and every time that 37-yr old dude steps on the court, I'm close to slapping someone.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote