Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

don't think they have interest in moving Noah. and why would they? With Butler coming up and being so cheap, they might see Deng's 15mil as something to get off of

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
don't think they have interest in moving Noah. and why would they? With Butler coming up and being so cheap, they might see Deng's 15mil as something to get off of
I figured that Deng being an expiring would make him a less likely trade target... they can just let him walk this summer and save the money. I would only want Noah off their roster.... I have no idea why they'd trade him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I figured that Deng being an expiring would make him a less likely trade target... they can just let him walk this summer and save the money. I would only want Noah off their roster.... I have no idea why they'd trade him.
In theory, Dallas could save them money (salary + tax) now without requiring them to take on any sizable long-term commitments. That said, I don't think Dallas would gain much in the short term by acquiring Deng, given that it'd take Marion-plus to match salary. Would it be worth it to get Bird rights on him? Well, maybe; because I think he should absolutely be a target for the Mavs next summer. But I agree that Noah is the only guy on that roster who'd really be a difference maker for this Mavs team, and he's almost certainly not going to be available.