Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-12-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all
Default Mavs' Stackhouse finds game again

Mavs' Stackhouse finds game again

Time as sixth man suited Mavericks guard, but he loves new role

OAKLAND, Calif. – Something wasn't right.

Jerry Stackhouse wore a sweet suit to Monday's game in Los Angeles and his tie was impeccable. But look a little closer, and you discovered he was wearing a T-shirt. Stackhouse blamed a mix-up that kept the shirt he wanted from being delivered.

Then it hit me. That's how I felt watching Stackhouse play in February and most of March. He didn't look bad, but something wasn't right.

In a Mavericks season that has been full of impressive performances, Stackhouse has been uncharacteristically quiet. That's why coach Avery Johnson quietly inserted Stackhouse in the starting lineup toward the end of last month.

It was the latest in a series of good moves by the Mavericks coach. The Mavericks need a forceful, effective Stackhouse to realize their potential in the playoffs. That is what they have been getting in recent games.

"I like what I'm doing right now," Stackhouse said. "I like starting the game, getting into a flow early. It's like sitting on pins and needles waiting to get into the game off the bench.

"I've done it for a year and half. It was cool. But I feel more in my element with what I've been doing over the last 10 or so games."

When the Mavericks acquired Stackhouse before the start of last season, there were questions about whether he would be a problem off the bench.

He was – for opposing players. Stackhouse was on his way to winning the league's sixth man award until a groin injury robbed him of a significant chunk of the season.

Stackhouse alone outscored the opposing bench nine times in 2004-05. He has done that seven times this season despite missing the first 26 games with a sore right knee.

But the 20-point games and the nights that Stackhouse made a difference became more sporadic after the first of the year. His shot was off, but there was something else. The edge that endeared him to Johnson and his teammates seemed to be missing.

Stackhouse scored fewer than than 18 points in the nine games before Johnson put him in the starting lineup. He was held below 10 points in three of those games.

"It might have caught up with me a little bit," Stackhouse said of coming off the bench. "Like I said, I talked with Avery. He felt he had to give me a jump-start because I was not playing as well.

"I don't know what it was. But I do know I picked it up once I got in the starting lineup."

The shooting percentage isn't where he would like it. Stackhouse has had a tendency lately to settle for too many jumpers rather than drive to the basket.

Still, he's a threat that spreads the court in a way Adrian Griffin can't. Stackhouse has scored 20 or more points nine times this season, and four of them have come when he's in the starting lineup.

The veteran guard doesn't defend or rebound as well as Griffin. But Josh Howard's return helps cover those deficiencies and frees Stackhouse to do what he does best.

"I love Stack's game off the bench or as a starter," Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki said. "He's a very explosive player for us. We post him up a lot. I like what he brings to the table. He's so aggressive, and he's one of our toughest players."

Now, if he could just do something about that T-shirt.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 AM   #2
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

MAVERICKS NOTES

Stackhouse glad to be starting over

By ART GARCIA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Jerry Stackhouse is a starter. At least he was before joining the Mavericks prior to last season.

He's returned to his roots, and truth be told, would rather stay put in the starting lineup. He's comfortable, he's found a rhythm, and the Mavericks are winning.

Is there any need to change it with four games left before the playoffs?

"I don't have any gripes about it," Stackhouse said simply. "It's been going well."

The Mavs (59-19) have won five in a row going into tonight against Golden State at The Arena in Oakland. The Mavericks are in the middle game of a three-game road trip that ends Thursday at Phoenix.

Stackhouse began this season just like the last, as the Mavs' designated assassin off the bench. His offensive punch wasn't the only aspect of Stackhouse's game that coach Avery Johnson was looking for to key the second unit.

Stackhouse's ball-handling skills made him a facilitator for the offense, especially when Dirk Nowitzki wasn't in the game. Only point guards Jason Terry and Devin Harris average more assists than Stackhouse's 3.0, and the Mavs are 14-3 when he dishes out at least four assists.

Stackhouse had four assists Monday, when baskets were scarce in the Mavs' 75-73 win at the Los Angeles Clippers.

Don't think for a second the career 20-point scorer can't play man-up. Just ask him.

"I ain't no sucker on defense," he injected.

Though Stackhouse accepted the sixth-man job without complaint and flourished in the role, it wasn't a natural transition. He did get used to it, however.

After starting one game in February (Josh Howard was out), Stackhouse asked Johnson to return to the bench to begin the second half to get back into his routine. He won't be asking Johnson that again.

"I don't like sitting on pins and needles waiting to get into the game," he said. "I've done it for a year and a half. I feel more in my element now."

Stackhouse is averaging 12.9 points this season, though his scoring jumps to 15.3 points in 10 games as a starter.

But starting alongside Terry in the backcourt isn't guaranteed in the playoffs.

Adrian Griffin is working his way back, and the Mavs were in a groove before the defensive-minded veteran went down with a hamstring injury.

"There are some things I don't do as good as Griff," Stackhouse admitted.

Stackhouse's gifts do give the Mavs four scoring threats in the starting lineup, along with Nowitzki, Howard and Terry. With the previous starting five, opponents were able to lay off Griffin and center DeSagana Diop, freeing up a defender for double teams.

"They say they were going to make Griff and a [center] beat us," Stackhouse said. "The way we've been playing lately, they're not going to do that."

Playoff rosters

The Mavs will be allowed to take their 13 relatively healthy bodies into the playoffs. The league announced Tuesday teams can carry 13-man rosters in the playoffs, up from the usual 12, though only 12 players can be active for a game.

Teams can carry up to up 15 during the regular season, with three inactive. The Mavs have 15, though Keith Van Horn is out indefinitely with a broken hand, and Pavel Podkolzin is doing a rehab stint with the Fort Worth Flyers.

Avery Johnson might decide to include Van Horn on the playoff roster if there's a chance he'll play at some point in the postseason. Teams have until April 20, the day after the regular season ends, to submit playoff rosters.

Harris rejoins team

Devin Harris joined the team Tuesday, and Avery Johnson said he will suit up Sunday against Utah at home.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

He finds his game again? 2-11, 3-7, 4-9, 5-11, could've fooled me. My main problem with Stackhouse starting is that he has gotten away from playing within himself. Like on a fast break, if Stackhouse ever pulls up for a jumper again I will punch him in the face. Either dish it, or take it to the rim. Same with those 20 feet shots just inside the arc, those have got to go. Sure you hit 3 pointers nicely for a while there, but now you dont, so back to post play and 15 feet jumpers max.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

here we go. it was going to happen sooner or later. The only reason he is starting is because of the injuries. Get ready for a big ordeal with him in the offseason. he won't be back. that is good news though.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Ha... I planned on jumping in this thread and saying the exact same thing Hex did...

COULD'VE FOOLED ME!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Good to see that I am not the only one disagreeing with this article. Stack has slowed a step this year. Offensive charges instead of blocks are being called regularly. His assists are about the only thing looking better recently, but they are not enough to carry the other parts of his lagging game.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack never lost his game. He's an up and down player that's down too often.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Stack is a decent to good passer for a 2 and is great at getting to the line...just stick to that Jerry...and your game will be what they need it to be...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you get the feeling this move to the starting lineup is a move down a one-way street? Once you make the move, you can't go back.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

They must have meant he found a copy of nba live 06 because there is no way in hell they mean he found his game meaning he is playing well on the court.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Don't you get the feeling this move to the starting lineup is a move down a one-way street? Once you make the move, you can't go back.
I'd would not mind losing Stack in the off season....his deal is up right?....

Harris
JT
Howard
Quisy...those are the guards that need PT.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #12
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'd would not mind losing Stack in the off season....his deal is up right?....
Yup, expires after '06-07 ($8mm). Good trade bait for a team looking to get under the cap.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

trade bait = jail bait
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
They must have meant he found a copy of nba live 06 because there is no way in hell they mean he found his game meaning he is playing well on the court.
Associated Press
April 12th, 2006

In a related story, Jerry Stackhouse explained how, that after a month and a half, he had finally come across his NBA Live 2006 video game that he had misplaced the previous road trip.

"Yeah, it was in my backpack behind some other video games and, uh, there it was. I found my game."

Jerry Stackhouse went on to explain how he was the MVP in this said video game and lead the league in scoring.

HAHAHA, just kidding
Old 04-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #15
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

"Harris
JT
Howard
Quisy...those are the guards that need PT."

I would add griffin to that list. Howard's good but we need a real shutdown defender. With our success with him this season, I don't think he's going anywhere.
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #16
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

Stack really isn't playin to different then he has all season. He's still streaky and still turns the ball over too much. With harris back he and daniels will not have to handle the ball as much.
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Stack was moved to the starting lineup because of the Spurs. Nothing more... nothing less.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I like stack in the lineup more than griffin. I have never liked playing 3 on 5 offensively.

I truly wish griffin could sit in the corner and hit a 3ptr, ala bowen. Then I'm on board with him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #19
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I like stack in the lineup more than griffin. I have never liked playing 3 on 5 offensively.

I truly wish griffin could sit in the corner and hit a 3ptr, ala bowen. Then I'm on board with him.
Defense wins championships.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #20
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

really though, I was listening to Avery on Norm this morning and Avery said he has a lineup already if every one is healthy but would not tell. He kinda hinted at having Harris possibly start with Stack and Griff off the bench, or possibly Stack start and Harris and Griff off the bench. I guess we'll find out.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The best lineup the mavs can throw out there against the spurs assuming everyone is healthy is Devin Jet Josh Dirk Damp. The matchups would be.
Devin guards parker
Josh guards manu
Dirk guards rasho/nazr/horry.
Jet guards bowen.
Damp guards Duncan.

I dont know how they would match up. i think the last game showed that duncan cant guard josh which hurts the bowen guarding dirk scenario. In that lineup i think they would counter with
Parker
Gino
Bowen
Horry
Duncan.

Leaving them with parker guarding Harris, gino guarding terry bowen on dirk, horry on josh and duncan on damp but mostly just helping out. The more i think about this series the more confident i am that the mavs beat them this year. The mavs have an answer for everything the spurs can do.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So with Stack, you'd rather play 3 on 5 more than half the time on offense and be an additional player down on defense with him...
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
So with Stack, you'd rather play 3 on 5 more than half the time on offense and be an additional player down on defense with him...
You aren't making sense because of your stack hatred.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-12-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #24
bonitaapplebum

bonitaapplebum is on a distinguished road

This may be in the game day thread soon. Thought this was a good place for it, though . . .

ESPN broadcasters just said Stack would vote for Kobe as MVP. I am not really into these awards, but I think this statement means something. He said Kobe does the most for his team because the Lakers, basically, would be lost without him. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but I heard that and thought he was thinking: "but Dirk has me." I think Stack really believes that he could carry a team. He shoots enough after weak-ass moves to indicate this, and the aforementioned article seems to indicate this mind-set as well.

While I don't think he's bad, I think losing Stack in the offseason would, like Finley, be addition by subtraction. He has too much confidence coupled with too little game to not be readily replaceable. A young guy with real hops or someone with a consistent jumper or someone who can really lock down an opposing swing player would all be better (and likely cheaper with more upside) than Stack, who chooses one of these traits to exhibit in most games--while doing a pretty bad job of the other traits.

And this doesn't even address the issue that you don't go on the record discounting your own teammate's worthiness of the MVP. Even if you yourself are in the running, you don't do that. And you especially don't mention someone on another team as your clear-cut favorite over your own teammate. Sort of pissed me off, I guess. Am I alone in this?
bonitaapplebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonitaapplebum
This may be in the game day thread soon. Thought this was a good place for it, though . . .

ESPN broadcasters just said Stack would vote for Kobe as MVP. I am not really into these awards, but I think this statement means something. He said Kobe does the most for his team because the Lakers, basically, would be lost without him. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but I heard that and thought he was thinking: "but Dirk has me." I think Stack really believes that he could carry a team. He shoots enough after weak-ass moves to indicate this, and the aforementioned article seems to indicate this mind-set as well.

While I don't think he's bad, I think losing Stack in the offseason would, like Finley, be addition by subtraction. He has too much confidence coupled with too little game to not be readily replaceable. A young guy with real hops or someone with a consistent jumper or someone who can really lock down an opposing swing player would all be better (and likely cheaper with more upside) than Stack, who chooses one of these traits to exhibit in most games--while doing a pretty bad job of the other traits.

And this doesn't even address the issue that you don't go on the record discounting your own teammate's worthiness of the MVP. Even if you yourself are in the running, you don't do that. And you especially don't mention someone on another team as your clear-cut favorite over your own teammate. Sort of pissed me off, I guess. Am I alone in this?

Pisses me off big time. I may have to find a stackhouse website to let him know it as well.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #26
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Why bother - Stack is an absolute waste. I'm ashamed to have him on this team after pulling that sh*t.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Then againn, don't we admire nuts when Nowitzki shows them, with comments like "I'm the go-to guy?" Don't we admire the brass balls of Terry when he pops the clutch three in the last minutes of a playoff game and pops his jersey and then does that airplane thing?

Why should Stackhouse not get credit for his bravado?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #28
orangedays
Platinum Member

Dirk's good. And Jet makes the 3.

All Stack does is suck it. Hard.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:00 AM   #29
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Why should Stackhouse not get credit for his bravado?
Uh, cause he ain't 'walkin' the walk.'
Old 04-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #30
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Stackhouse is pissing me off. However, who didn't see this coming? He just cannot be relied upon. He has to play the 2nd string players coming off the bench when the Mavs have the lead. And when he does, he has to post up or drive to the hoop. If one of those two things does not happen, then he's a liability. Finley could shoot out of a slump given enough time. What Stackhouse is going through is not a slump, this is what Stackhouse is. What you see is what you get.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
You aren't making sense because of your stack hatred.
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? Look at his game by game stats. You can make a strong case....very strong case that Stack is somewhere in the range of 19 good offensive games and 25 or more bad offensive games this season... And that's being generous... In a few games, he was borderline either way..

Regardless, in more than half the games, the Mavs would have been just as good having a guy out on the court with the following offensive box score.

FGA 0
FGM 0
FTA 0
FTM 0
Assists 0
OBoards 0
points 0
3pt Made 0
3pt attempts 0

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-13-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #32
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Stack and KVH need to go. I'm tired of both of them. And we HAVE to resign JET.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Yes, we need Jet for his defense. Where would we be without it?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM   #34
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Stack and his expiring contract will be gone by the deadline next year. KVH and his expiring contract will be gone this off-season.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-13-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:58 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

You have to bring someone in that can replace Stack if you're going to move him. Is Hank Dudek available?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:09 AM   #36
orangedays
Platinum Member

When Stack plays:

The offense scores +3.8 pts per 100p and the defense gives up +0.5 pp100. Meaning? We lose -4.3 pts every 100 possessions that Stack graces the hardwood. Good.

Our eFG% drops 1.9%. Our eFG% allowed goes up 0.5%. Our total rebounding decreases by -1.2%. Good.

Our man is shooting 39.6% from the field. 26.8% (yes...26.8%) from beyond the arc. In 'crunch time', his FG% drops to 30%. His ast/TO is 1.34. Good good.

All that and coppin' an attitude? Where do I sign up???

F*ck Stack. Yup.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:12 AM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? Look at his game by game stats. You can make a strong case....very strong case that Stack is somewhere in the range of 19 good offensive games and 25 or more bad offensive games this season... And that's being generous... In a few games, he was borderline either way..

Regardless, in more than half the games, the Mavs would have been just as good having a guy out on the court with the following offensive box score.

FGA 0
FGM 0
FTA 0
FTM 0
Assists 0
OBoards 0
points 0
3pt Made 0
3pt attempts 0
Are you suggesting the former Mavericks great Wang Zhi-Zhi?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #38
Winwall

Winwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the roughWinwall is a jewel in the rough

weren't there some talks about a camera crew following stackhouse through this season to film some sort of documentary ? what happened ? are they still doing this or did they never start filming ? would be pretty interesting to watch the behind the scenes to get a better impression of stack.
Winwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:55 AM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Did the water change in Dallas over the last 2 years? Something the 2-guards have been drinking has been making them into terrible teammates
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:58 AM   #40
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe Stack stabs his teammate in the back like that, when the whole club including owner, coaches, fans and players show their support for Dirk in the MVP race. And then it should be the Drama Queen...?!

This has absolutely nothing to do with having the "balls" to say that, this is only about the lack of Stack's brain mass.

Stack can SUCK IT..honestly...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote