Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #161
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Durant would suck the fun out of this team....
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #162
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Cousins is averaging 14/7/4/1/1 in 21 minutes after JUST getting back from a major injury on a completely LOADED GS team. Reins will be taken off a bit after the All Star break so we should see that jump, but he still has HOFers to contend with for shots/etc.

Man, I would be ECSTATIC to have him in Dallas. Plus it helps us with not having to rename our team (or at least our Front Court) the Dallas Dominos.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-07-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #163
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Malcolm Brogdon or Khris Middleton would be the top choices... Doubt the Bucks try to max both out.
Brogdon more than Middleton as the PG defender. Bucks will have decisions to make, everyone but Giannis is a free agent.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #164
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Cousins is averaging 14/7/4/1/1 in 21 minutes after JUST getting back from a major injury on a completely LOADED GS team. Reins will be taken off a bit after the All Star break so we should see that jump, but he still has HOFers to contend with for shots/etc.

Man, I would be ECSTATIC to have him in Dallas. Plus it helps us with not having to rename our team (or at least our Front Court) the Dallas Dominos.
You also have to factor in who he's playing with. Life couldn't be easier for him playing on the GS Warriors.. It could give you a false sense of where he's at. BUT, he does look pretty good right now.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #165
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You also have to factor in who he's playing with. Life couldn't be easier for him playing on the GS Warriors.. It could give you a false sense of where he's at. BUT, he does look pretty good right now.
Yeah, I've considered as much, but clearly he was a beast on bad teams too. Point is, from an injury concern standpoint, he looks great and we should know more as they ramp his minutes up. Boy would we be fun to watch as Doncic slices and dices to pass to one of those two stud bigs. Surround the rest of the team with solid defense and be ready to fight in the playoffs. If Durant goes to NY and LeBron doesn't get AD, we'd have as good of a chance as anyone to make the finals in short order (certainly a year later after chemistry is formed, the bench was developed by guys wanting to jump on board, etc).

Luka is an AMAZING talent and Porzingis is right there with him (if not even potentially better once fully healthy) PLUS one of the best bigs in the game in Cousins? When our roster WAS Wes, Smith Jr and Barnes as the big 3 coming into the draft this past year?!? I mean, man, Donnie is trying to give me a heart attack as is, but if he could manage something like that, goodness...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-07-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #166
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think we really have a few choices

1) See if we can snag Vucevic. He'd be a rebounding beast next to KP and Luka and could be fairly interchangeable. (28 years old)
2) We grab Boogie for less than the max (we can't offer him a full max, but we could get close) - also 28 years old
3) We grab one of the cheap rebounding and defense forwards out there and spend more of our money on defensive guard (hopefully 3/D, because we're going to have a hard time spreading the floor)

Vuc and Boogie are both fairly accomplished rebounders and underrated passers. Both can spread the floor and hit a three when asked to. Vuc may fit the personality of the team better with less ego, but both have the skillsets we'd want.

Personally feel like spending big on a big and then getting some discount defenders for the guard spots is the better option.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #167
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Vuc asked about the All-Star game, maybe hints at free agency plans?

@JohnDenton555: .@OrlandoMagicvC Nikola Vucevic: "It would be nice if I could be on the same team as Dirk (Nowitzki) with me being such a fan of his. It would be nice to share the court with him. But it’s just an honor to be there. Whatever team you’re going to be surrounded by great players."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #168
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:

@JohnDenton555: .@OrlandoMagicvC Nikola Vucevic: "It would be nice if I could be on the same team as Dirk (Nowitzki) with me being such a fan of his. It would be nice to share the court with him. But it’s just an honor to be there. Whatever team you’re going to be surrounded by great players."
That's awesome! I'm certainly fine with either Vucevic OR Cousins, and agree that personalities might mesh better with Vuc; however, I think Cousins sounds sexier and that might help with luring other guys that would sign up for less $. Both are amazing players with Cousins likely having a higher ceiling, though admittedly that ceiling dropped some after the injury. Some... Not a lot...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-07-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #169
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dirk needs to sign on as a player/coach for one more season. These foreign guys want it!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #170
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's awesome! I'm certainly fine with either Vucevic OR Cousins, and agree that personalities might mesh better with Vuc; however, I think Cousins sounds sexier and that might help with luring other guys that would sign up for less $. Both are amazing players with Cousins likely having a higher ceiling, though admittedly that ceiling dropped some after the injury. Some... Not a lot...
That’s a good point... Boogie/Luka/KP is the kind of core that ring-chasing veterans will take a minimum contract gamble to play with.

But Vuc is definitely less of a locker room risk on our end.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #171
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That’s a good point... Boogie/Luka/KP is the kind of core that ring-chasing veterans will take a minimum contract gamble to play with.

But Vuc is definitely less of a locker room risk on our end.
I mean I guess, but Vuc is a 20/12 guy this season who can shoot the three now. Vuc/KP/Luka is certainly a death euro lineup. I'd go with the guy who didn't have ACL surgery.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #172
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mean I guess, but Vuc is a 20/12 guy this season who can shoot the three now. Vuc/KP/Luka is certainly a death euro lineup. I'd go with the guy who didn't have ACL surgery.
Achilles...potentially even worse going forward for a big man.

I still like Vucevic since you always run the risk with the attitude Cousins can bring.

Vucevic and Beverley would be a solid haul.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #173
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Marcin Gortat is being waived by the Clippers. Mavericks must claim him off waivers if we don't make another move in the next half hour.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:38 PM   #174
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Marcin Gortat is being waived by the Clippers. Mavericks must claim him off waivers if we don't make another move in the next half hour.
That sounds so 2012.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #175
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

Vucevic and Beverley would be a solid haul.
Yeah!
Old 02-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #176
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why? So we can kick him in the Gortats?

Gortat is terrible now.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #177
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
That sounds so 2012.
So? He's still far better than Mejri. Mejri only averages 0.2 bpg. He's not even good at that one thing he was known for before this season. Going from 1.1 bpg to 0.2 bpg this year is just sad. Gortat does everything better than Mejri. I'd rather sign the best player available. Also maybe he'll fit in better with the Mavericks.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #178
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
So? He's still far better than Mejri. Mejri only averages 0.2 bpg. He's not even good at that one thing he was known for before this season. Going from 1.1 bpg to 0.2 bpg this year is just sad. Gortat does everything better than Mejri. I'd rather sign the best player available. Also maybe he'll fit in better with the Mavericks.
If there's any truth to the friendship of Luka and Salah, I'd lean Salah over an aging and near useless Gortat for this Mavs team. They aren't going anywhere so I don't lend too much to the better player, to which I'd agree that Gortat is better.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #179
Lestat_1795

Regarding Marcin.

For the vet minimum, yes!
But not for much more.
Won't waste cap on him.

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 02-07-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #180
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

is there a NBA borderline guy from Real Madrid around that Luka played with who we can sign for the minimum or close? I’m very much in favor of kissing the young stars ass and he seems to legit love those guys, with all the instsgram posts of him watching their games live at ungodly hours.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #181
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Watching NBA TV they're showing the Mavs as the team with the 4th most projected cap space available this summer with 51.5M....not sure how they got to that number though.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #182
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
If there's any truth to the friendship of Luka and Salah, I'd lean Salah over an aging and near useless Gortat for this Mavs team. They aren't going anywhere so I don't lend too much to the better player, to which I'd agree that Gortat is better.
Dirk survived Nash leaving. I'm not too worried about their friendship. Also they're only 2 years and 4 months apart in age. I think Mejri's time in the NBA should come to an end really. Gortat's time could be right around the corner as well.

Anyway, ~7 minutes!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #183
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Watching NBA TV they're showing the Mavs as the team with the 4th most projected cap space available this summer with 51.5M....not sure how they got to that number though.
My guess is they're not counting cap holds.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #184
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My guess is they're not counting cap holds.
Yeah, that's probably it. Dumb

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #185
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Why? So we can kick him in the Gortats?
That Fish line never gets old. Just like "Free Roddey B"
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:21 PM   #186
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
They're not counting holds at all. We have 55mill in contracts, which would give us 51.5mill in cap space, BUT

We have a ton of guys with either full Bird or early Bird rights. All of those guys come with significant cap holds. Many of them will be waived and some will be signed for less than their hold, but if we gave everyone the most money they could get, we'd actually be over the cap.

52 practical cap. Probably around 33mill in cap once KP is taken care of.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #187
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
is there a NBA borderline guy from Real Madrid around that Luka played with who we can sign for the minimum or close? I’m very much in favor of kissing the young stars ass and he seems to legit love those guys, with all the instsgram posts of him watching their games live at ungodly hours.
Just trade for Willy Hernangomez in the summer, he is buried on the Hornets bench. Best buddy with Luka and KP

Last edited by sefant77; 02-07-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:15 PM   #188
sefant77
Guru

So lets be realistic: https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/27/nba...e-top-players/

Durant: Staying or big market saviour blabla like Knicks
Kawhi: Too much Clippers talk from Woj etc, played college in SD
Irving: Boston or Knicks
Klay: Staying or Lakers (told that allready)
Butler: Staying...or...i dont think we wanna go down that drama route
Cousins: Dont think we wanna mess up the perfect rebuild with drama and a shitty attitude
Kemba: Loyal, want to stay. I dont see him leaving Charlotte for a team like Dallas. Grew up in the Bronx, so maybe he joins the Knicks.
Middleton: he wanna stay, Bucks wanna keep everyone together and they dumped allready Della and Henson to save money
Harris: Sixers told they wanna keep him, so guess they are paying him. He also screams too much "better Barnes"
Bledsoe: If we leaves he goes back to LA. Klutch client too
Randle and Mirotic: Dont see a great fit with KP. Randle doesnt play defense and Mirotic cant bang inside
Whiteside: allready 30, got lazy after he got paid, i really think this will happen again and he wont age well
Brogdon: RFA, Bucks gonna keep their core together

So yeah that leaves us pretty much with Vucevic as a possible great signing that also fits in. Magic are stuck in a forever rebuild and their FO is a mess and they drafted his replacement. So i see him leaving Orlando...

So i guess (well, there are plenty of rumours) that Vuce will be our target. Butler/Cousins maybe as backup options, if we fail with Vuce. A smaller unsexy backup option could be something like WCS and Rubio (but Jazz fans love Rubio, i think he stays too)

And yeah, im on board with Patrick Beverley on a not overpaid contract. Vuce, Beverley, re-signing Maxi and DFS and keeping Barea and Harris on minimum contracts

Beverley/Brunson/Barea
Doncic/Hardaway/Broek/Harris
DFS/JJ/Lee
KP/Kleber
Vuce/Powell

My S5 would be the three stars and two defensive roleplayer. Hardaway off the bench.

In 2020 i look at Bogdonavic as FA and in 2021 of course Giannis.

Last edited by sefant77; 02-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #189
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
So lets be realistic: https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/27/nba...e-top-players/

Durant: Staying or big market saviour blabla like Knicks
Kawhi: Too much Clippers talk from Woj etc, played college in SD
Irving: Boston or Knicks
Klay: Staying or Lakers (told that allready)
Butler: Staying...or...i dont think we wanna go down that drama route
Cousins: Dont think we wanna mess up the perfect rebuild with drama and a shitty attitude
Kemba: Loyal, want to stay. I dont see him leaving Charlotte for a team like Dallas. Grew up in the Bronx, so maybe he joins the Knicks.
Middleton: he wanna stay, Bucks wanna keep everyone together and they dumped allready Della and Henson to save money
Harris: Sixers told they wanna keep him, so guess they are paying him. He also screams too much "better Barnes"
Bledsoe: If we leaves he goes back to LA. Klutch client too
Randle and Mirotic: Dont see a great fit with KP. Randle doesnt play defense and Mirotic cant bang inside
Whiteside: allready 30, got lazy after he got paid, i really think this will happen again and he wont age well
Brogdon: RFA, Bucks gonna keep their core together

So yeah that leaves us pretty much with Vucevic as a possible great signing that also fits in. Magic are stuck in a forever rebuild and their FO is a mess and they drafted his replacement. So i see him leaving Orlando...

So i guess (well, there are plenty of rumours) that Vuce will be our target. Butler/Cousins maybe as backup options, if we fail with Vuce. A smaller unsexy backup option could be something like WCS and Rubio (but Jazz fans love Rubio, i think he stays too)

And yeah, im on board with Patrick Beverley on a not overpaid contract. Vuce, Beverley, re-signing Maxi and DFS and keeping Barea and Harris on minimum contracts

Beverley/Brunson/Barea
Doncic/Hardaway/Broek/Harris
DFS/JJ/Lee
KP/Kleber
Vuce/Powell

My S5 would be the three stars and two defensive roleplayer. Hardaway off the bench.

In 2020 i look at Bogdonavic as FA and in 2021 of course Giannis.
Beverly is 30. For cheap sure he would do for a bit, but surely there is a younger crop of guards who can defend. We dont even need a PG necessarily. We just need a tweener who can shoot and play solid defense.

Vuc seems highly likely with our euro movement and need for his type and ability.

Giannis has mentioned he wants to stay in Mil. Incredibly doubtful

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:29 PM   #190
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...g-major-trades

Why GM Donnie Nelson says the Mavs are positioned to make some noise this offseason following major trades
Old 02-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #191
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

What are the odds the Mavs don’t do anything with the cap space until the 2020-2021 season?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #192
sefant77
Guru

2020 FA class is pretty thin after Davis and Draymond...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/08/...ee-agents.html
Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 PM   #193
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not sure I completely agree with that
You like the move even if KP isn't healthy?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:44 PM   #194
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

He should be the option over Vujecic....
Old 02-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #195
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
What are the odds the Mavs don’t do anything with the cap space until the 2020-2021 season?
I could very well see us using our cap space on some one year deals.....Actually...I'd put money on it.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:38 AM   #196
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

It’d be interesting to see how far apart Vucevic and Cousins would be money and years wise. If it’s anywhere comparable, I think Cousins does a lot more in terms of play making and passing. He could make the offense truly elite.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:41 AM   #197
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
It’d be interesting to see how far apart Vucevic and Cousins would be money and years wise. If it’s anywhere comparable, I think Cousins does a lot more in terms of play making and passing. He could make the offense truly elite.
Cousins is going to be cheaper. Almost guaranteed. Unless some team is really dumb.

Vuc is probably 4/100 starting because of the competition. Remember lots of teams have cash to spend.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:43 AM   #198
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking cheaper honestly. I think Cousins is looked at as having some baggage with him.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 AM   #199
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Cousins on a 2-year with a team option for 3...I’m into it. If we don’t have some kind of toughness with a star-level player, I think the team would be too soft as a whole. If you have a lineup with Beverley and Cousins, I think that’s enough edge, though. I like Vucevic, but that much money for that many year for a guy who has no truly elite skills....Dampier esque (not that bad but still). Cousins has the potential to move the needle to truly elite offensive status. The pick and pops...the screens...the passes...hose me down

Any preliminary guesses on what Bogdanovic is going to command?

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 02-08-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #200
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cousins on a 2-year with a team option for 3...I’m into it. If we don’t have some kind of toughness with a star-level player, I think the team would be too soft as a whole. If you have a lineup with Beverley and Cousins, I think that’s enough edge, though. I like Vucevic, but that much money for that many year for a guy who has no truly elite skills....Dampier esque (not that bad but still). Cousins has the potential to move the needle to truly elite offensive status. The pick and pops...the screens...the passes...hose me down

Any preliminary guesses on what Bogdanovic is going to command?
What the hell... bro, you need to be hosed down. You just used Dampier and Vucevic in the same sentence. Not as BAD as Dampier?? Vucevic is bad... badass. He is truly elite. He can do it all offensively and he is aggressive on both ends. He can beat guys off the dribble going left and right. Can finish with either hand. Has great post skills with a nice touch. Rebounds with the best. Passes at a high level. Shoots .381% from 3..which I believe would lead our team. Vuce is much much closer to a Marc Gasol and Cousins hybrid than Dampier.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win now