Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #81
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Well i'm not touting them as great. Especially this season. Just for a team that's defense has been so inconsistent it was great to see the defense actually win the game for us. That's all i'm saying. The defense has the personnel to play like this. Its what we've been expecting. Just haven't seen it.

And who on the Deadskins can hold a corner for more than a couple of seconds with no pressure on the quarterback? There's only one man i'd even consider a shut down corner and he's not Deadskin.
If you want to talk about the Redskins, Carlos Rodgers is having a career year so far. He's been frequently paired one-on-one with opposing team's top reciever because he's been able to read routes and deflect passes. Now, I'm not saying he's a shutdown corner (or the best in the league) because he obviously missed a tackle on a dump off pass to C.Johnson that led to a TD today. But if he keeps up his level of play, I think he can hang in a couple of seconds with a reciever.

Also, the Redskins have no QB pressure at all. If you want to pump up your DL, look out our stats. I don't know who I argued with earlier this year, but he was right. J.Taylor has been a non-factor so far. They need to shut him down until he is 100%.

Last edited by Caseman; 10-26-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #82
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I was the one who told you Taylor was a bum lol. I'm not familiar with the Deadskins so I can't speak too much on them other than the couple of games i've seen this season from them but you can't go by stats to determine a pass rush. Cowboys have are a prime example of that lol. I was shocked to see us only have 2 sacks today but the pressure was there. Sometimes just getting pressure and having the qb rattled is enough. We'll see about Carlos Rodgers. I don't think of him as one of the elite corners in this league but I haven't seen much of him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Man...no Witten for the second half, no Henry in the fourth quarter....what a win. Offense did just enough, including picking up some critical first downs to wind the clock.

Defense was fantastic, and won the game without coming up with a huge game changing turnover, which is pretty darn impressive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
If you want to talk about the Redskins.....
Why would anyone want to do that?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #85
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would anyone want to do that?
Oh snap..
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #86
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I liked those Tampa penalties on that one drive...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #87
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's one way to spin it. Look, I don't want to go in circles with this, so I'll say this. Fine, Dallas had good pressure today. That's a good game for them (possibly a bad game for the Buccs). If they do it to the Giants, then that's a good trend. Then we can all tout them for their greatness.
Yeah, that is one way to spin it. Another way to 'spin it' is that you don't have a freaking clue as to what you're talking about.. You were called out. You can back with some stupid b.s. Basically, you made youreslf look like a total football idiot.

Good job.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #88
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

hey, i'll take those penalties. the g-men are gonna be tough...
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 PM   #89
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right...that game in NY is going to be extremely tough.
The defense is going to have to play at today's level, if they want any chance to keep things close. 3rd down D, just work on Steve Smith. Eli ALWAYS goes to Smith on 3rd downs.

The offense is going to have to...figure some stuff out quickly.

Today was a clutch win. They needed it in the worst way, especially with everyone else in the division winning. It was huge and things would have looked grim losing 4 out of 5 and going to play the defending champs. It makes things a little better, but trouble still looms.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-26-2008 at 11:16 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #90
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

they just need to make it to the bye week by splitting TB and NY....and they got TB. so a win over NY at this point would be icing. Hopefully Romo gets back and they get the train righted and headed to the SB.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #91
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Barber and the fool that he spun off of in the 3rd quarter. What an effin stud!

Roy pwnage!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 10-27-2008 at 12:15 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #92
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a series on NFL Network called America's game. Great show, NFL films at it's finest. They profiled all the Superbowl champions documentary style and interviewed three people who were involved with each team to get behind the scenes insights.

Well they ran out of Superbowl Champions and now they're featuring the greatest teams that never won a Super Bowl. In a lot of ways those teams are more interesting but I digress. A couple of weeks ago I was watching an episode about one of my favorite non-Cowboy teams, the 15-1 98' Vikings. That was the year Moss slipped to 21 in the draft and he made that entire season his revenge tour. Early in the show Chris Carter said something that made me, as a Cowboys fan, hang my head. He said that, as a receiver, when your quarterback gets hurt you stay on top of the situation. You want to know how he's doing and when he'll be back. But two games after Brad Johnson suffered a season ending injury Carter couldn't remember what was wrong with him. The reason he gave: Johnson couldn't get the ball down field to Randy Moss. So in 1998 Brad Johnson couldn't get the ball to Randy Moss in his prime but we're expecting him to get it to Owens and Williams. I think we need to seriously consider starting Brooks Bollinger next week.

Last edited by dirno2000; 10-27-2008 at 12:35 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #93
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yeah, that is one way to spin it. Another way to 'spin it' is that you don't have a freaking clue as to what you're talking about.. You were called out. You can back with some stupid b.s. Basically, you made youreslf look like a total football idiot.

Good job.
Yeah, you sure did call me out Murphy, you sure did..

Good job.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #94
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ule_GgyjX4w

Sam Paulescu > Roy OU Williams

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 AM   #95
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
There's a series on NFL Network called America's game. Great show, NFL films at it's finest. They profiled all the Superbowl champions documentary style and interviewed three people who were involved with each team to get behind the scenes insights.

Well they ran out of Superbowl Champions and now they're featuring the greatest teams that never won a Super Bowl. In a lot of ways those teams are more interesting but I digress. A couple of weeks ago I was watching an episode about one of my favorite non-Cowboy teams, the 15-1 98' Vikings. That was the year Moss slipped to 21 in the draft and he made that entire season his revenge tour. Early in the show Chris Carter said something that made me, as a Cowboys fan, hang my head. He said that, as a receiver, when your quarterback gets hurt you stay on top of the situation. You want to know how he's doing and when he'll be back. But two games after Brad Johnson suffered a season ending injury Carter couldn't remember what was wrong with him. The reason he gave: Johnson couldn't get the ball down field to Randy Moss. So in 1998 Brad Johnson couldn't get the ball to Randy Moss in his prime but we're expecting him to get it to Owens and Williams. I think we need to seriously consider starting Brooks Bollinger next week.
I think at this point though if Bollinger was the better quarterback he'd be already starting. I can't think of any other reason to why he'd be sitting. He couldn't beat out Tavaris Jackson, Gus Ferotte or John David Booty. There may be some things Bollinger does better than Brad but I'd have to believe Johnson atleast gives us the best chance to win. He's the one who's going to make the least mistakes to cost the Cowboys the win. I'm starting to think maybe Brad isn't as bad as we think he is. Its just when comparing him to Romo he looks horrible.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:36 AM   #96
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that Bollinger sucks too but he's got to have a stronger arm. We're probably going to lose in New York no matter what we do but If we only score 13 we're definitely going to lose. I think our only shot is to try to hit some big plays down field.

I don't think Johnson is bad compared to Romo, I think he's just bad. Remember, he was cut by that same Vikings team a couple of years ago and this is probably it for him. We'll probably cut him after the season and nobody will pick him up.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #97
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post

Sam Paulescu > Roy OU Williams
The Redskins had a chance to sign this guy, but we chose the fatty from Seattle
Old 10-27-2008, 02:07 AM   #98
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

The only thing I remember about Brooks Bollinger was how clutch he was in the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl like 10 years ago...
Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #99
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I understand that Bollinger sucks too but he's got to have a stronger arm. We're probably going to lose in New York no matter what we do but If we only score 13 we're definitely going to lose. I think our only shot is to try to hit some big plays down field.

I don't think Johnson is bad compared to Romo, I think he's just bad. Remember, he was cut by that same Vikings team a couple of years ago and this is probably it for him. We'll probably cut him after the season and nobody will pick him up.
And Brad Johnson isn't just incapable of hitting a big play down field. He is incapable of really making any pass that isn't a dump-off. The longest catch of the day 14 yard dumpoff to Barber. He can't hit a target 15 yards downfield. Seriously, he just can't. I thought it was real telling how many times the Cowboys had a 3rd and long that ended up being a dink pass to a running back or tight end. We got lucky that we only needed 13 points to win because Brad Johnson doesn't look like he is capable of giving the Cowboys much more than that.

There's no way we beat the Giants next week with Johnson at QB just because that defense is too good, and I don't really see how our defense (as good as it looked today) holds the Giants to under 14 points. But in the end I'm okay with that. We go into the bye week with a 5-4 record, and should have Romo back and ready to roll after the bye. That would mean we need a 5-2 record after that point to make the playoffs (10-6 should get us in), which is doable. This win today was big just because I did not want to be in a scenario where the Cowboys were looking at needing a 6-1 record over the last 7 to make the playoffs. That definitely would be asking an awful lot.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #100
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with Bollinger (as Dirno well knows) is he's been running scout team all season. He hasn't been running the Cowboys' offense in practice until this week.

Seems like a tall order to ask him to face the Giants having two weeks of running the offense with backup QB reps in practice.

The bottom line is they shoudl have done something about backup QB. It's ridiculous to have a weapon like TO and not even be able to heave it downfield one or twice.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #101
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Redskins had a chance to sign this guy, but we chose the fatty from Seattle
I like how you turn everything into a Redskins conversation while the rest of us are talking about Cowboys...

Maybe you could spare us by dumping your garbage in the Official 2008 NFL Thread?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #102
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, Johnson sucks, but what team in the league doesn't have a giant drop off from 1st to 2nd qb? unless their first qb sucks that is. It is frustrating to watch a guy that can't hit an open receiver beyond the line of scrimmage, but it's also frustrating to watch some rookie schmuck make one stupid play after the next, so I don't know that we're any worse off. No pics, no fumbles, 3.5 yards per attempt. I can live with it for another week.

as for the rest of the team....they didn't look like a big smelly dirty bunch of female naughty parts, and that's a big step up. hope they can muster a little fight against the vagiants next week.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #103
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys really screwed the pooch with their backup QB spot. Surely there was someone out there that's better than Johnson. I'm not a huge Chris Simms fan, but he would have been a much better option.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #104
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
The Cowboys really screwed the pooch with their backup QB spot. Surely there was someone out there that's better than Johnson. I'm not a huge Chris Simms fan, but he would have been a much better option.
Dante Culpepper is still unemployed...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #105
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Since we won the game, I went back and watched those two punishing sacks of BJ by that crazy-athletic Bucs guy. Wow.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #106
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

We Won? wow~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #107
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I know, right?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:32 AM   #108
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Johnson is 1-1

that's all I care about.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #109
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Johnson is 1-1

that's all I care about.
Exactly - at least we'll have a winning record when Romo comes back...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #110
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I dont' know about culpepper and simms....31 other teams passed on Culpepper, and checking some notes I see that the Titans released Simms at one point, so any other team could have had him. I guess....it's not like every other team in the league has an ace at the 2nd qb, so I don't know that's it a given that either one of those guys could have surpassed BJ's extraordinarily undazzling play.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #111
ty
Diamond Member

Bring back Simms to Roy Williams?

Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #112
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas Cowboy's Punter Sam Paulescu BIG Hit

Last edited by MavsX; 10-27-2008 at 11:50 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #113
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post

Dallas Cowboy's Punter Sam Paulescu BIG Hit
Good job too, because something got messed up on that punt - our team went right, but the ball went up the middle... That tackle probably saved him from getting canned!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #114
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The video was posted about 15 posts ago...

Contact Me
Old 10-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #115
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Good job too, because something got messed up on that punt - our team went right, but the ball went up the middle... That tackle probably saved him from getting canned!
Me thinks you are right. Watch that youtube of it, near the end when he is on the sideline he is visually upset about something and even lets an F bomb fly. Dude messed up, and then did everything he could to make up for it.

I am rooting for him though. I kinda have to given the injury to studfoot but still. The dude has character.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #116
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Me thinks you are right. Watch that youtube of it, near the end when he is on the sideline he is visually upset about something and even lets an F bomb fly. Dude messed up, and then did everything he could to make up for it.

I am rooting for him though. I kinda have to given the injury to studfoot but still. The dude has character.
He did the right thing - when you mess up, you make up for it...... BIG TIME!

I thought it was Zach Thomas at first (I mean, how many short white guys do we have on this team that can lay someone out like that???)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-27-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #117
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
The video was posted about 15 posts ago...
i'm sorry, i didn't read the whole thread. I just saw the video and wanted to share it with the other cowboy fans. It was such a sweet hit, it deserved to be posted twice!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #118
ty
Diamond Member

Yup, i posted it first. Don't forget to rep me when rep is back!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #119
alby
Guru

rep to both of you!

Contact Me
Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #120
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Half a rep to each of you!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote