Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-28-2001, 02:34 PM   #1
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Well we got Walton on the Mic........which cant be good. He picked the Mavs to win this series ...now that the Mavs are down 0-2 he has jumped ship. Bradley is into some THUG SHIT.....good foul on Malone .... he's a BITCH ass ....Didnt u see him lay down & cry like the BITCH he is ... NASH is still the second best PG on the floor...to bad there is only 2.

~~J~~
Old 04-28-2001, 02:44 PM   #2
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Welcome to the first quarter Dirk! There has been TWO of these already that you missed! Try not to be late again!

Paul
Old 04-28-2001, 02:44 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Bradley, YOU ARE MY HERO!!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 03:17 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Ugh, Why does Don not put Maxwell in instead of Eisley [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] . Eisley sucks.

Old 04-28-2001, 03:22 PM   #5
Jordan23TX

The Mavs finally are playing with some urgency....they are looking good. I feel for Eisley.....U know he's better then he is playing....But Maxwell sucks too....I'd take my chances with Eisley because he at least knows what Utah is doing on offense. Plus "if" Eisley gets going .... he can contribute......But "if" aint a damn thing..... But we have NO BENCH.....even though Eisley hasnt made a shot ...once they put Dirk at Center....with Eisley & Nash in the back court... they were able to maintain the lead.....But hopefully Bradley will get some minutes in the second half..
Old 04-28-2001, 03:27 PM   #6
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Oh... Man... Do you think that maybe one of the mavs coaches reads this board? I think a few of us said that Nowitzki needs to get his inside game going... And there he goes in the first, so goes the mavs... 1/2 time up by 8 (Thanks to ANOTHER lucky 3 pointer at the end of the half).
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 04:43 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Mavs win! WOOHOO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Don't know if I'm more happy the Mavs won or that we don't have to listen to Walton anymore. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2001, 04:45 PM   #8
Jordan23TX

It got really shaky towards the end.....But we pulled it out. NASH was the key , he's still can make questionable decisions....but he & Dirk played great.... Just think...If Finley has a "normal" game ..this game wouldnt have ever been in doubt.....

~J~
Old 04-28-2001, 04:50 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, Finley played awful. I thought Howard played pretty well though. Although I questioned some of his decisions.

Old 04-28-2001, 05:00 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Anyone else as surprised as I was when they said Stockton had NEVER had a triple-double until today. The way he's been playing in this series, you'd think he had several hundred [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-28-2001, 05:15 PM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Helllll yeeeee we won!!!
Old 04-28-2001, 05:27 PM   #12
scooterj5
Golden Member

The stats show Dirk played well, did hehave his confidence again?
Old 04-28-2001, 05:43 PM   #13
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Yes!!!
Dirk and Nash takin over!
Bradley and Howard also had real good games.
Mavs in 5 !!!
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 06:10 PM   #14
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

hell yeah the stats show that dirk had a good game.
much like finley in game 2..dirk was what held the mavs together in the first half
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 06:15 PM   #15
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

An outstanding game. Mavericks now know what it takes to win in the playoffs. We're good to go.
Old 04-28-2001, 06:25 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man that game was AWESOME!! I loved it how each time the Jazz flopped or got a bullshit call, a little clip played on the jumbotron. It was like an Academy Awards spoof, where they showed pics of the five Jazz starters (the nominees) and then the announcer would open the envelope and announce the "winner." Like Karl Malone winning for "The Texas Hacksaw Massacre" after getting a bs call.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 06:29 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I really have to give Bradley some major props for his game today! He really changed the flow of the game when he got on the floor during the second half. He also managed to take down Malone early in the game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2001, 06:33 PM   #18
scooterj5
Golden Member

Anyone know if game 4 will be on TBS and when??
Old 04-28-2001, 06:33 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

Tuesday night on TBS I think.
Old 04-28-2001, 06:42 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully it will be on AFN or german pay-tv too.
Thats really annoying here in germany.
You never know if you gonna see a certain game (except the finals which are shown live on free-tv and pay-tv).
So the Mavs better make it to the finals. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2001, 06:44 PM   #21
LAM0015
Banned

big props to bradley...
what has happened to booth?..well, i think we've discovered that his man to man defense is much worse than bradley's...which isn't great, but it has been pretty good at stretches during this series
Old 04-28-2001, 06:53 PM   #22
scooterj5
Golden Member

Damn I'll be at school, have to get cabled-up friend to tape it for me.
Old 04-28-2001, 11:53 PM   #23
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I guess that Finley has to play bad for the Mavs to beat the Jazz. If Finley, Dirk, and Nash could all get on the same page for game four, it should be a blow-out.
Old 04-29-2001, 12:58 PM   #24
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

bradley stepped up huge...i think he was the single reason that the mavs were able to pull it out. He clogged up the lane, and REBOUNDED at the end of the game.

Booth is just not strong enough right now to defend any good pf's one on one. Hopefully, when he adds muscle, he won't lose his quickness/jumping ability.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:26 AM   #25
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Very nice to see us NOT get swept. I like the way Dirk stepped up and played HUGE! Nash was playing awesome too.

Have to give a congrats to Stockton on his first every triple double, but it still blows my mind tha the guys has never had one.

Bradley played very nice after he came back from being benched with the fouls.

I just hope we don't let up now that "we have our win and didn't get swept". I really hope the guys still consider this to be an all-out war and that we really are the better team and should advance in the next round.

LET'S GO MAVS, LET'S TIE THIS THING UP AND TAKE BACK TO THEIR HOUSE!! As Nash says on the infamous jumbo-tron, "Yeah, Baby, Yeah!!!"
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:50 AM   #26
LAM0015
Banned

I don't see the mavs letting up...
they're a group of guys that hate losing
Old 04-30-2001, 11:38 AM   #27
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well the difference IMO was the point guard play down the stretch and ONE great call (it really was a terrible call for Utah) for us also. Made the difference. Down the stretch of the game, Steve Nash dribbles to the baseline and the balls goes out of bounds CLEARLY off his hands. The ref says Malone hit it and it's remains in the Mavs possession. We had a three point play on that blown call, and what was the margin of victory by??? Also, Nash came back at Stockton towards the end of the game, made all the difference. Even if he misses that shot, it was good to see him make a GOOD decision. I liked it all the way. It was better than him dribbling too much like he did the previous two games. All the difference down the stretch, and I have to give it up to Dirk he played EXCELLENT. Although as I said, I've liked his energy the entire series, I knew it was a matter of time before those shots started falling!
Old 04-30-2001, 12:07 PM   #28
LAM0015
Banned

we have to have a solid game out of finley tomorrow night...

would be nice if the mavs as a team could hit 45%+ of their shots
Old 04-30-2001, 12:12 PM   #29
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

It would be SOOOO sweet if we were to come back from 0-2 and defeated Utar on their home court. I can't EVEN begin to imagine!! It would be like suddenly becoming a billion-air, and then buying a sports franchise. Hmmm.....
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 01:38 PM   #30
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't even think that far. I would just be thinking about winning game four!!!