Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-30-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
BradleySucks

BradleySucks is on a distinguished road
Default Terrible Mavs Fans at Toyota Center

Now guys, I am a Rockets fan, don't roost me for that, but show a little humanity for this, some of your fellow fans were truly defaming your name the other night at Toyota center.

"OK, I had some nosebleed seats for that game, and I mean these were nosebleeds, straight in the top corner of the stadium. But, I was so happy to go to the game, and then I realized something. My seats were right next to a family of Mavs fans. Ok, well that didn't bother me too much at first until the game started. Their little boy was a Rockets fan though, but the parents were definately PWT and hard core Mavs fans. Well everytime the Rockets would score, this woman would look at me and my girlfriend, and would say something, almost in the sense of like a satanic curse. Everytime the Mavs would do something, she would hit herself on the leg as well as her face with this stupid ass "Clapper" thing that you get from AAC. Well, the little boy kept cheering for the Rockets, and the Dad would say "Shut up you little ****er!" The Dad was a freak, he had a picture of himself and Nowitzki in his wallet. Then when the Rockets went up 11, he told his son "Go to the Bathroom now, I am sick of your cheering" I almost wanted to call CPS on this fool and his ugly ass wife, but you know that wasnt my place. Then when the Mavs came back and won, the white trash father said "**** you Houston, and your stupid fans and city, Dallas will always be the greatest!" Then he told his son "How'd you like that ****er!" The little boy looked like he was going to cry, and the mom didn't say anything she just laughed. What is the deal with these Dallas Rednecks, the completely make me sick!"

This story right here should break anyones heart, don't you agree this completely takes the fun out of the game??? I never had beef with Dallas fans untill this.

http://bbs2.clutchfans.net/showthrea...threadid=95425
BradleySucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Terrible Mavs Fans at Toyota Center

lol! that's pretty funny though

however, if I were you, I'd feel really annoyed/pissed as well

I don't blame you, all I can do is assure you that no matter where I sit at the AAC, I've never met anyone like that

there was a particular Rockets fan at the AAC at Game 2 and when McGrady hit the game winning shot, the stadium went silent and you could hear him standing up going YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH... or at least I could, given he was just two rows below me... I just looked at him, and briefly had a vision of knocking him unconcious... but no one really did or said anything to him

I went to the game with my g/f... and some guy was walking back to his seat in the row behind us, and as he passed us, he spilled some of his beer onto my g/f and just kept on walking, and I turned around and looked at him as he sat in his seat and he saw me and looked scared and gave a half-assed "sorry" and I got up and was like "do you have a f***ing napkin man?" and he shook his head and said "no, sorry"... his face was red and he looked scared... so that was good enough for me. I, being the good b/f that I am, proceeded to wiping the beer of my g/f's back with my jacket.

Go MAVS!
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default RE: Terrible Mavs Fans at Toyota Center

well, you know what...i was at game 2 and this old lady who was wearing a Rockets jersey stabbed my mother and then kidnapped my wife at gunpoint. I mean, whats the deal with these houston rednecks??

this was posted on a message board, so it has to be true, right? You sound like a freakin Aggie whining about "class"...dork.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Even IF that story were true, it's only an indictment of those two people, not Mavericks fans.

What a silly thread.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe someone actually took the time to write that out.

Pathetic troll.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I'd like to apologize on behalf of those rednecks.

Is that what you wanted?

[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Please flush this thread down the toilet.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

This is silly. I don't believe any fans would be like that. Every Mav fan I've met is great. Last games I saw were around some season ticket holders and the group of them acted like family, eventhough they weren't. Last year I was a few rows from the top for the 76ers-Mavs game that went to double OT, and we had 76er fans in front of us, but no bad words were said. Everything was friendly "What now?!" after our respect team scored, along with some laughing.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:08 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Another houston stroker
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

You know......at first, this has "made up" written all over it.

But to tell you the truth.....I wouldnt doubt this story at all either. I have been blessed as a n NBA fan to attend many games in many different cities. The things I see fans do sometimes.....its freakin amazing. See Detroit and the "Quarter guy" for example a few days ago....

My best example......I was attending a Warriors game (in OAKLAND) this year against the Clips (a friend had tickets to this UNfortunately) The Warriors have been a team on the rise this season, which is giving many diehard fans here hope for the future. On this night, the Warriors dominated. But this is the NBA and everybody makes a run so naturaly, the Clips had there moments. On one such occasion, A Clips player (Brand I think) had a big dunk on Foyle which prompted a few ooh's and ahhs and a Warriors timeout. A lowly Clips fan rocking a Danny Manning throwback natraly celebrated this with a "yeah!" Nothing rude....in fact this was the first time I heard him all night. A Warriors fan next to him however got very angry at this and threw his full cup of beer on the guys jersey. C-mon......he's a freakin Clips fan. How many times do the celebrate in the year? Worst of all.....they Warrior fan lied to one of the ushers and said the Clips fan made comments about his family and tried to get the guy kicked out. His Warrior buddies stood up for him too. By this time I had enough of this crap and injected my self into the fray by defending the Clips fan and telling the usher the truth about the situation. Neither guy got kicked out by the Clips fan was naturaly pissed about the situation and his beer-soaked throwback. Needless to say, I actually made friends with someone who is actually a fan of the Clips. I wonder what he will do if they decide to leave for Las Vegas?

BTW....both of your cities have good intelligent fans and great arenas. However, I also would agree with some of the fans on the Spursreport.com forum when they say Mavs fans are a bit whiny at times. I know I'll get flamed for it but some of them are indeed. I'm not saying all Mav fans are but that's what I've experienced personaly. There are some bad apples in your bunch.....but then again, there are bad apples in every team's bunch anyway. I'll be waiting for someone to take this the wrong way and scarstically reply, "Well your a bad apple for Knicks fans too" etc....

Old 04-30-2005, 12:58 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in the AAC for the last 3 years and watched both spurs and rockets fans come in. Spurs have always been a loud-mouthed in your face sort. Only lately have the rockets fans been like that.

The person who started this thread is a troll. First they started it over at clutch-city and I assume after it ran out of steam thought they'd throw it over here.

strokers
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I've been out at Northgate in College Station and almost got in a fight with a Spurs fan because he got in my face, talking about how the Mavs sucked. There's bad seeds everywhere. It's not limited to any one city. Definition of "whining," however, would go to Houston. All they talk about now is how they're getting screwed by the refs.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #13
BradleySucks

Actually. yes this is true, because my persona over there is "cwebbster", and those seats were mine

I shouldn't have critized the people for being "mavs fans", the meaning of it was just that it was sick as hell they were doing this to that little boy. I did not want to get thrown out of there for getting in a fight with someone, but this man and his wife totally humiliated their son, who was all of 8 years old. I am sure that can happen anywhere, just gave alot of good fans a stereotype
Old 05-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

There just ain't nuthin in there.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Hilarious Mary.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That is a big bag!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #17
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

And it's full.......
Old 05-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #18
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I met a family of Rockets fans yesterday and they forced to convert me to communism or they'd kill me. Man, what should I do other than oblige, right? And then they painted my face red and want me to cheer for the Rockets at the AAC during game 5 or they'd give me the "Houston Redneck Midnight Special Treatment" and they told me they have lotsa butter.

TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #19
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: BradleySucks<Their little boy was a Rockets fan though, but the parents were definately PWT and hard core Mavs fans.
C'mon now... Everyone knows there's no such thing as a Rockets fan. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #20
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
Quote:
Originally posted by: BradleySucks<Their little boy was a Rockets fan though, but the parents were definately PWT and hard core Mavs fans.
C'mon now... Everyone knows there's no such thing as a Rockets fan. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Yes there is. One of them took time out from bludgeoning a baby seal to give the finger to a group of nuns and orphans sitting in my section.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #21
BradleySucks

wow, it is true that dallas is a classless city. Nothing but a bunch of ignorant <snip>!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Nah, we just dont want the sh!t coming outta Houston stinking up this great town [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: BradleySucks
Actually. yes this is true, because my persona over there is "cwebbster", and those seats were mine

I shouldn't have critized the people for being "mavs fans", the meaning of it was just that it was sick as hell they were doing this to that little boy. I did not want to get thrown out of there for getting in a fight with someone, but this man and his wife totally humiliated their son, who was all of 8 years old. I am sure that can happen anywhere, just gave alot of good fans a stereotype
You think your story gives Mavs fan a sterotype? Well consider the stereotypical image we all have of you and EVERY OTHER ROCKETS FAN in the vicinity of that family!!! None of you spoke up for the kid. You let him go home thinking everyone condoned the treatment he received. Watching your stilly game was more important than a kid's well-being.

I'm mortified that you witnessed such verbal abuse - of a child, no less! - yet didn't have the courage and common decency to AT LEAST report the abuse to an usher. I don't know about the Toyota Center, but I do know that such flagrantly abusive behavior toward any person would not be tolerated at the AAC.

People who don't speak up against abuse are just as legitimately "scum of the earth" as those who commit the abuse.