Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I will say that one FA option that I've seen brought up here that I don't really care for is Gordon Hayward. I like him as a player, and I'd welcome him here to be the 5th option (either as a platoon starter or a big-time bench option) but in that role, we can't afford him. He's honestly probably going to be getting at least $10M per year, and to me he isn't a "take this to the next level" kind of guy. He scores relatively well (though with decreasing efficiency as his role increases) and is a good rebounder for his position (at least according to the eye test... percentages probably disprove this but w/e) but he is not any good defensively and isn't the kind of guy that can carry your offense once every handful of games. On a bad team he can do that, but if we're bringing him here, it needs to be at like $6-7M per year with a defined role to play.

I get the feeling there will be at least one team offering him big-time money for a big-time role. Maybe Utah matches, or maybe he ends up where I'm expecting... Philly.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post