Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #81
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd81 View Post
Defense on Wade will be by committee until crunch time anyway. And we will be alive in crunch time. And I like our matchups in crunch time...

Kidd on Wade
Marion on LeBron
Terry on Miller
Nowitzki on Haslem
Chandler on Bosh

I LIKE our matchups.
I'm not sure I like Kidd on Wade, but I see your point.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #82
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Oh, I understand. I just have the same concern as sefant; Wade and Lebron are probably going to play 40+ minutes each. We can't have Deshawn out there that long without suffering on offense, which means we're going to have to live with Terry guarding Wade for stretches. Same with Lebron/Peja.
Yeah, I'm sure Steve wouldn't sniff even 30 minutes.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #83
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Defense on Wade will be by committee until crunch time anyway. And we will be alive in crunch time. And I like our matchups in crunch time...

Kidd on Wade
Marion on LeBron
Terry on Miller
Nowitzki on Haslem
Chandler on Bosh

I LIKE our matchups, nancy pants.
Speed and athleticism worry me a little with Kidd on Wade, but I feel Kidd's bbiq will give him an advantage.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #84
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Glad you see it. pwd81 here (orignally pkdumas). My original account seems to be working again. So if you'd like to de-rep me again, take a notch off this one. I've become familiar with you over the years and don't doubt your Mavs-ness, I just don't like your recent nancy-ness.

We are about to walk into the lion's den and rip the nuts off of Goliath. There is no reason to fear. LeFraud and Wade will stand side by side for their castration. And we'd like for you to be there for the ceremony.

Last edited by pkdumas; 05-25-2011 at 12:12 AM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #85
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kidd on Wade
Marion on LeBron
Terry on Miller
Nowitzki on Haslem
Chandler on Bosh

I LIKE our matchups, nancy pants.
Like I said in the other thread, if it ends up Mavs-Heat, I will be very, very interested to see if the Heat try this lineup in crunch time against the Mavs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #86
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

This thread can suck my dick.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #87
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Speed and athleticism worry me a little with Kidd on Wade, but I feel Kidd's bbiq will give him an advantage.
Russell Westbrook's speed and athleticism has Kidd pissing in his pants.

Never underestimate Greatness.

Last edited by pkdumas; 05-25-2011 at 12:05 AM.
pkdumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #88
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Glad you see it. pwd81 here (orignally pkdumas). My original account seems to be working again. So if you'd like to de-rep me again, take a notch of this one.
Nah, you seem to have learned your lesson.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #89
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
This thread can suck my dick.
I lol'd.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #90
pkdumas
Golden Member

Quote:
Consider that David Stern gave Wade a free pass against anyone who was guarding him in '06.

I CAN'T see David Stern giving Wade a free pass on Kidd. Not because Stern doesn't want to, but because Jason Kidd eats Stern's children in his sleep.

Kidd is a tough son of a bitch. And Wade is not any quicker than Durant/Westbrook.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #91
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I was just at NBA.com checking the record since 2007 the Mavs are 10-0 against the Heat. That of course includes the two wins this season against the so called big 3.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #92
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I was just at NBA.com checking the record since 2007 the Mavs are 10-0 against the Heat. That of course includes the two wins this season against the so called big 3.
If I remember correctly, the Mavs were undefeated against the Shaq/Wade Heat before the 2006 finals as well. And also, the Bulls were 3-0 against the Heat this season and they're getting their nads handed to them.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #93
ariesmar27

ariesmar27 is infamous around these partsariesmar27 is infamous around these parts

hello mavs fans... im not a heat fan, just a lebron fan. so by default i guess i am a heat fan, though im actually a kings fan which i doubt makes this any easier being on a mavs message board. but you really cant look at the regular season record as an indicator of how the finals will play out. the two teams are totally different.

in those two games the heat didnt have miller and haslem, miller came back in that second game... the mavs had butler who isnt playing now.

ive enjoyed watching the mavs play in the playoffs this year but miami is a totally different beast than the thunder. how will the mavs stop lebron and wade from attacking the basket at will in the 4th quarter? dirk will most likely be amazing but 2 stars vs 1 star, i dont see how the mavs beat the heat 4 times. the bulls swept the heat in the regular season and won game 1 in the playoffs, then they lost 4 straight. it was their first 4 game losing streak of the season.

yes rondo was hurt, but look at what lebron did to the mvp... he was shut down. with kidd at pg, bibby wont be a defensive liability and might actually get into rhythm and hit some threes.... miller has been amazing off the bench in the past 2 games with his rebounding and his shot finally going in. haslem, well... yeah. i dont see how chandler will be able to protect the paint in the 4th when bosh and haslem are on the court together, thats what screwed up the bulls... boozer/gibson were on bosh but noah couldnt protect the rim with haslem in the game. the same thing will happen to chandler.

i dont think that the heat will dominate the mavs like they did the bulls but i do think that the heat will win. dirk could score 40 a night and still lose because i dont see how the mavs will stop wade and lebron from getting whatever they want in the 4th. they have finally figured it out, the bulls are a much, much better defensive team than the mavs... with wade/miller/lebron/bosh/haslem on the court the mavs wont be able to play jjb/terry/kidd together like they did against the thunder. who will jjb guard? who will terry guard? period... i dont see how that would work in a 7 game series. 2 regular season games, fine... but the finals. i just dont see it working, the heat wont be rattled like the thunder were.

but this should be a lot of fun to watch, good luck either way....
ariesmar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #94
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

The problem for the Heat is they have not faced an offensive team like the Mavs this post season while we have already beat a much better defensive team then the Heat.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #95
ariesmar27

ariesmar27 is infamous around these partsariesmar27 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
The problem for the Heat is they have not faced an offensive team like the Mavs this post season while we have already beat a much better defensive team then the Heat.
which team was that? the blazers? because it wasnt the lakers or thunder...
Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #96
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesmar27 View Post
which team was that? the blazers? because it wasnt the lakers or thunder...
This where I got my figures from. Maybe I misunderstood, but I do know OKC tops the Heat in three major defensive categories.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortab...f=1&prd=15#top

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 05-28-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #97
ariesmar27

Quote:
This where I got my figures from. Maybe I misunderstood, but I do know OKC tops the Heat in three major defensive categories.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortab...f=1&prd=15#top
thats just rebounding, steal and blocks... what about opp fg% and opp 3pt fg%?

how bout this one...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...oalPctOpponent

miami is 2nd in opp fg% behind indiana who they eliminated in the first round. their opp 3pt% wasnt very good in terms of ranking but that didnt stop them from winning each series in 5 games...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...onent/split/14

look at dallas... how did okc average more ppg but lose in 5?

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...ponent/split/6

and the heat dont have westbrook to shoot them out of games... lebron will pass the ball. but this should be a fantastic series, i cant wait.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #98
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

The problem is the Heat have not faced a real offensive threat yet.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #99
ariesmar27

they dont choose who they play... i doubt that the knicks wouldve made much of a dent in them either...

indiana averaged 99.8 ppg in the regular season and only 86.6 against the heat in the playoffs, thats 13 points per game less...

boston averaged 96.5 ppg in the reg season and 91 against the heat in the playoffs, 5 points less per game

chicago averaged 98.6 ppg in the reg season and 88.3 against the heat, 10 points less...

each team averaged over 96 ppg going into the playoffs, is 4 more points that big of a difference? only 2 playoff teams in the east averaged over 100 ppg in the regular season, the knicks and the heat.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:18 AM   #100
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
they dont choose who they play... i doubt that the knicks wouldve made much of a dent in them either...

indiana averaged 99.8 ppg in the regular season and only 86.6 against the heat in the playoffs, thats 13 points per game less...

boston averaged 96.5 ppg in the reg season and 91 against the heat in the playoffs, 5 points less per game

chicago averaged 98.6 ppg in the reg season and 88.3 against the heat, 10 points less...

each team averaged over 96 ppg going into the playoffs, is 4 more points that big of a difference? only 2 playoff teams in the east averaged over 100 ppg in the regular season, the knicks and the heat.
PPG is as irrelevant of a stat there can be

Offensive effeciency:
Chicago: 12th
Philly: 17th
Boston: 18th

Take out Dirks injury time and a couple games after that (where he was clearly no where near 100%) and im sure Dallas would be in top 3 of offensive effeciency.

Last edited by mavs777; 05-29-2011 at 03:54 AM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #101
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure Miami never faced Indiana in the playoffs.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:55 AM   #102
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

you are right, says a lot about this supposed "heat fan"
Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #103
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The Indiana Sixers and Philadelphia Pacers are excellent offensive teams.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #104
ariesmar27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I'm pretty sure Miami never faced Indiana in the playoffs.
i was going to say sixers... but i got high. i was gonna post the right name but i got hiiiigggghhh, now mavs are pointing it out and i know why.... because i got high, because i got high, because i got hhhhiiiigggghhhh....
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #105
ariesmar27

oddly enough i still got the numbers right.... 99ppg reg season and 86 against the heat.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #106
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
i was going to say sixers... but i got high. i was gonna post the right name but i got hiiiigggghhh, now mavs are pointing it out and i know why.... because i got high, because i got high, because i got hhhhiiiigggghhhh....
That's cute, but it's more likely that you don't actually watch basketball. At least not very often.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #107
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

I just read a Yahoo blog and someone was spouting off how the Mavs can't win because we have no defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we 7th in defensive efficiency this season?

Tags
aquaassface, suffering for u.d., suffering from e.d., suffering from p.e., suffering from u.d.