Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #801
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who would have been available, but I wonder what the Mavs would have looked like with a PG that was a decent defender and wasn't a total waste of space when it came to shooting the ball.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #802
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I don't know who would have been available, but I wonder what the Mavs would have looked like with a PG that was a decent defender and wasn't a total waste of space when it came to shooting the ball.
Bingo. That's what we needed.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #803
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The funny part is that Rondo is shooting around 40% from the three since the trade. He just can't pass up open threes period.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #804
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dragic comes to mind. Hard to say if he's truly ever been available. Phoenix is in a weird in between place as far as playoffs and after signing Thomas this summer.

I'm guessing Phoenix probably wanted more than the package Celtics got but then they traded for Wright anyway...

All things being equal I prefer Dragic but MBT might not see it that way. I remember something about Cuban implying that they thought Dragic was "empty stats" after the summer we were all so hot for him.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #805
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I really want us to get this PG issue resolved once and for all. Ever since Jason Kidd's departure it seems like its just been one Point Guard after another. Just think of all the guys who we've had out there at PG for the past few years. Guys like Darren Collison, Derek Fisher, Mike James, Jose Calderon, Jameer Nelson, and now Rondo. That's a lot of failed PG experiments in a relatively short time period. When I look at our 2 guard Monta Ellis, I see a guy who is a great scorer but an average defender and average 3-point shooter. So naturally, shouldn't our goal be to compliment him with a PG that is a good shooter from downtown and a good defender? Why has that been so hard for us to find? Calderon last season was a sharpshooter from downtown (45% from 3). However, his defense was poor even though he seemed to be trying his hardest. His defense was what made him a poor fit next to Ellis. This season we got Jameer Nelson, who was a poor defender but also couldn't seem to find his groove on offense. His struggles resulted in him being traded. Now we have Rondo who is a great defender, but poor shooter. So yet again we are left wanting more out of our PG spot. I'm honestly shocked anytime Rondo makes a jumpshot. I've seen numerous players come into this league and not be able to make jumpers in their first few years. However, over time these players have worked hard with their coaches and teammates, and eventually became consistent, reliable shooters. I don't know what I can say about a guy who defenses don't even bother to close out on. What can be said about a PG who can't close out a game for you because he shoots 30% from the foul line? I'm just not sure about Rajon Rondo as a long term solution. I guess time will tell with Rondo, but I just really want stability at our PG spot.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #806
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Per ESPN

From the Dec. 18 trade to Saturday night, when Rondo was injured, the Mavs ranked seventh in the NBA in defensive efficiency and were allowing 100.6 points per 100 possessions. (That dropped to 98.7 when Rondo has been on the floor.) Opponents' 3-point shooting plummeted to 33.4 percent, the sixth-lowest in the league during that span.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #807
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
How long until you realize Rondo is the problem?
http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...the_mavericks/

Be quiet and shit your ass down.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #808
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Watch the games. See how much better we are with a 3 point threat at point guard. Barea showing exactly what we are missing with Rondo.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #809
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Watch the games. See how much better we are with a 3 point threat at point guard. Barea showing exactly what we are missing with Rondo.
Do you know Rondo's three point shooting percentage with the Mavs by chance?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #810
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Do you know Rondo's three point shooting percentage with the Mavs by chance?
Just under 40%. If you take out that one Boston game where he shot 5-7 it's more like 30%.

I think he can develop a 3pt shot though. He gets left open. He needs to work more on hitting the wide open shots. For some reason he could do it in Boston.

Just remember Kidd was considered a horrible 3pt shooter until around his 12th season in the league. He was spectacular in Dallas.

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-05-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:53 PM   #811
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with those rondo on off numbers is that he's virtually always been paired with dirk. The fact that despite that he still has (while only slightly) a negative on/off offensive rating is a horrible sign. However that also makes the defensive on off incredible
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #812
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unless you are an nba coach or scout then you're not trained to evaluate with your eyes. Everyone tends to focus on the plays that look bad and not ALL the plays

Stats are harsh brutal and usually truthful
Old 02-05-2015, 12:08 AM   #813
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Unless you are an nba coach or scout then you're not trained to evaluate with your eyes. Everyone tends to focus on the plays that look bad and not ALL the plays

Stats are harsh brutal and usually truthful
Yes 13-8 is brutal. And a 4 game losing streak even more so.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #814
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the problem.. And it's been the same even before the trade: despite improvement we're still horrible in third quarters. Our defense completely falls apart in third quarters. We are still a horrible rebounding team.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #815
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
If we were losing to Philadelphia or New York or Boston id be upset too. We were and still are beating bad teams and losing to good teams

We're just playing a lot more good teams in bunches right now
Old 02-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #816
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo to have facial sugery.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/02/dal...res-miss-games
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #817
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Curry doing surgery on mavs right now.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:21 AM   #818
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
13-8 equates to 50 wins over an 82-game season. Let's not shit ourselves here.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:02 AM   #819
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
13-8 equates to 50 wins over an 82-game season. Let's not shit ourselves here.
Thank you. 13-8 in this ridiculously tough Western Conference is hardly what I'd call "brutal."
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:48 AM   #820
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Thank you. 13-8 in this ridiculously tough Western Conference is hardly what I'd call "brutal."
So I guess you are satisfied with a 50 win team with Rondo over close to a 60 win team with Wright and Nelson. Well I'd rather us win more. We were a better team before the trade. I don't know why people are in denial about that around here.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #821
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah i watched Curry drop 51

But Barea totally outscored him so we are definatly better with Barea or Nelson than Rondo
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #822
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
So I guess you are satisfied with a 50 win team with Rondo over close to a 60 win team with Wright and Nelson. Well I'd rather us win more. We were a better team before the trade. I don't know why people are in denial about that around here.
If anyone hasnt realized by now how much of a troll statement this is.... He belongs over at DB.com.

Why are you in such denial that we had one of the easiest strength of schedule in november/december? Tell us that first?
Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 AM   #823
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
If anyone hasnt realized by now how much of a troll statement this is.... He belongs over at DB.com.

Why are you in such denial that we had one of the easiest strength of schedule in november/december? Tell us that first?
Yeah, no way could we have beaten Utah twice, Milwaukee twice, and Philly twice with Rondo.

Thank God we had Jameer and Wright for those games so we at least have a respectable record now.

Last edited by Twenty4sevenn; 02-05-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #824
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Your logic is like that of 1st grader. Ignore facts and only accept what you perceive.

You're clearly a troll. I'm not engaging you in discussion anymore.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #825
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Your logic is like that of 1st grader. Ignore facts and only accept what you perceive.

You're clearly a troll. I'm not engaging you in discussion anymore.
Lose an argument and then call me a troll to top it off. I explain why our offense is so much more dynamic with Barea out there. But you are closed minded. Nothing on the court can change your mind I guess.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #826
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Like Barea the awesome floor spacer getting trashed at D?

Last edited by sefant77; 02-05-2015 at 01:41 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #827
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post

Easy or not, we were getting it done. Much thanks to the depth of this team. That and our offense was amazing. Both areas are weaker now. Am I right? Wright being the most efficient player around the rim. He and Harris fed off each other. Wright being gone has hurt Harris's play.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #828
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Like Barea the awesome floor spacer getting trashed at D?
Rondo couldn't have stopped him either. Those were some ridiculous shots. We probably get blown out as we definitely don't score 42 in the first quarter with Rondo.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #829
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rondo couldn't have stopped him either.
You say that like you have awareness of that alternate reality and can speak for certain, when all of the evidence points to the fact that Rondo at least would have helped.

Or perhaps you say "couldn't have stopped him" instead of "couldn't have harassed him" because you know that no one in the league can stop anyone else in the league.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #830
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think mavsfan1000 is totally wrong at least in the continuity aspect of the team. However, Nelson was the worst starting pg in the league, and our defense was next to dead last. His argument would be stronger if he came up with a better alternative versus just saying we should have kept the worst defense and starting pg in the league.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #831
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't think mavsfan1000 is totally wrong at least in the continuity aspect of the team. However, Nelson was the worst starting pg in the league, and our defense was next to dead last. His argument would be stronger if he came up with a better alternative versus just saying we should have kept the worst defense and starting pg in the league.
You forgot about Wright. We didn't just give up Nelson for Rondo. The lost of Wright has effected the bench as well. We gain defense and lose a lot of offense considering how Rondo effects the dynamics of our offense. We aren't champions either way. But I feel we were better with Nelson and Wright.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #832
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking a team with Nelson as the starting PG and Wright would win 60 games is stupidity.

Rondo had good defensive games against Westbrook, Wall, Harden, so why can't he on Curry? Good thing Barea showed how much of a lockdown defender he is! Mavs need Rondo in there, 7th in offense and defense is good enough for me.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #833
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man i do not like rondos game at all. But daaammnnnn. 51 points from a guy who doesnt draw fouls. Are you kidding me? Everyone may hate rondos game but steph curry made every single defender on thos team his Biyatch.

I miised some of the game, did rick stick aminu on him at all?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #834
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Man i do not like rondos game at all. But daaammnnnn. 51 points from a guy who doesnt draw fouls. Are you kidding me? Everyone may hate rondos game but steph curry made every single defender on thos team his Biyatch.

I miised some of the game, did rick stick aminu on him at all?
He was making heat check shots. It didn't matter who you put on him. When a player is that hot, there's nothing you can do.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:21 PM   #835
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was making heat check shots. It didn't matter who you put on him. When a player is that hot, there's nothing you can do.
Then why all the bitching about the rest of the team dogging it. If he was unstoppable anyway? Which i dont agree with really. I would have liked to see the mavs switch everything and plant aminu in his shorts.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-05-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #836
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

But with Rondo we had a better chance of making sure Curry didn't get that hott to begin with..I am not saying it wouldn't have happened anyway because Curry is a great shooter....but our chances would have been better with Rondo
Old 02-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #837
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
But with Rondo we had a better chance of making sure Curry didn't get that hott to begin with..I am not saying it wouldn't have happened anyway because Curry is a great shooter....but our chances would have been better with Rondo
Nah, even michael jordan couldnt have slowed him down, right? Sheesh
Old 02-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #838
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Then why all the bitching about the rest of the team dogging it. If he was unstoppable anyway? Which i dont agree with really. I would have liked to see the mavs switch everything and plant aminu in his shorts.
Because effort is one thing you can control. 3 rebounds from a starting PF is unacceptable.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #839
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Man, my ignore list has a member more, congrats.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #840
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Rondo sucks.

Told everyone this trade was basically gonna kill our season. If we just continued at our pre-trade pace, we'd be sitting at 38-14 right now with the 2nd best record in the West and the 2nd best point differential. We'd probably be the 3rd or 4th favorite to win the title. Now our realistic best-case scenario is winning one playoff series.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat