Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I see how Houston could make a quality trade offer to Cleveland and I see how they could put a competitive squad around him, but due to Yao's injuries they're still lacking that second superstar to pair Lebron with which I think will be an essential factor in his decision should he decide to leave.

Considering all of the assets Houston has it isn't out of the realm of possibility to imagine they could make some moves to try and bring in another talent like Bosh to create a more attractive destination, but I think that increases the complexity level significantly.

Nonetheless, Houston has a creative GM and can't be ruled out but I think Dallas is in a slightly better situation having both valuable assets to offer Cleveland as well as a talented team featuring a second superstar to offer Lebron. With all this said, it's still a pipe dream but it's nice to at least have a chance.
I agree with this. I think if LeBron had to choose between Dallas and Houston, he'd choose Dallas. Simply because Dallas went 55-27 last year and was 2nd in the West and they have Dirk.

What others were saying is that Dallas' offer to Cleveland was better than Houston's offer to Cleveland. Not only do I consider this to not be the case, but the whole discussion of who could offer a better deal to Cleveland I consider to be moot. Because LeBron will decide where he wants to go, not Cleveland.

Last edited by Mavericks Rockets Fan; 05-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Because LeBron will decide where he wants to go, not Cleveland.
This is what people have to remember when it comes to a S&T for LeBron. Cleveland is going to have to pick from teams of LeBron's choices in a case where they know he is going to leave. The Cavs will be the dumbest team in the league if they don't try to at least convince LeBron to let them work a deal out with one of the teams he would like to go to. Of course this works better for LeBron as it puts 30mil more in his pocket and an extra guaranteed year. Now the real problem is how greedy can Cleveland be when dealing with these teams?

I believe LeBron 100% when he says his team is going to execute a game plan. I have no idea what it is, but I can take a pretty good guess. I believe he will go to Cleveland and ask them to find a deal with a team from his choices for a S&T. LeBron goes to a team he feels good about with a max deal, and leaves with somewhat of a clear conscience knowing he helped Cleveland get something in return.

Back to Cleveland being greedy. They can't afford to take too much from one of these teams. If you make LeBron not feel as good about going there because you took a nice chunk of the talent away in the deal. It's very possible LeBron turns it down and you have to start all over. Now there are those that say Cleveland will call LeBron's bluff and say we aren't helping you go somewhere else. LOL This is where Lebron's gameplan comes back into play. He just takes himself to one of these teams that can straight up afford him, like Chicago a division rival. Cleveland just lost one of the best players ever in their history and couldn't even try and work something out so that they at least benefit in some way! WOW!

Fish over at DB.com is absolutely right when he says if LeBron leaves it will be in a S&T. It is the only way that both parties can come out of this with some benefit. LeBron of course with a new team and max money. Cleveland with whatever bag of goodies they were able to pull off. Most likely consisting of talent, draft picks, money, and perhaps rights to players over seas. I'm not trying to get people's hopes up, but Dallas has a better shot then a lot of people think. This is the case for all the big free agents. Teams may have set themselves up with cap space to sign these max players. Unfortunately for them, a S&T situation benefits that player more. Unless the player just really wants to go to that team with the max that can be offered straight up signing with them.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
I believe he will go to Cleveland and ask them to find a deal with a team from his choices for a S&T.
I disagree with you. He won't have choices, he'll have one choice. For example, he might say: "I want to go to Dallas - work out a S&T with them". And if he chooses a team with cap space, the Cavs have even less leverage because LeBron can simply sign with them outright.

All in all, if you are expecting a competition over who can offer the Cavs the best deal - you are sorely mistaken. LeBron doesn't care about the Cavs getting the best offer possible, he wants a max deal with the one team of his choosing. Basically, the biggest hurdle is not offering the Cavs the best deal possible, but getting LeBron to want to come to Dallas.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
I disagree with you. He won't have choices, he'll have one choice. For example, he might say: "I want to go to Dallas - work out a S&T with them". And if he chooses a team with cap space, the Cavs have even less leverage because LeBron can simply sign with them outright.

All in all, if you are expecting a competition over who can offer the Cavs the best deal - you are sorely mistaken. LeBron doesn't care about the Cavs getting the best offer possible, he wants a max deal with the one team of his choosing. Basically, the biggest hurdle is not offering the Cavs the best deal possible, but getting LeBron to want to come to Dallas.
But, he can get more money by doing a sign and trade, instead of just signing with a team. The Cavs aren't going to send LeBron where he doesn't want to go though. He'll pick the team.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
more like yah-no, or nah-no, or yayo, ya-ya's