Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That was sweet. Very sweet.

That Dirk guy...he's ok you know? Dirk is obviously a special, special player. But when he's hitting that three ball...he is the greatest offensive force in the NBA. Period. What a show tonight with his all around game. What more can you say really? I don't even know what more analysis to give. He's awesome and I love him.

The person I really want to talk about didn't even play during the fourth quarter. Shawn Marion's game tonight is going to be over shadowed by Dirk and possibly even Haywood. But let's take some time right now to really, really appreciate this guy. First of all, he's been bringing an incredibly efficient offensive game for a while now. His post ups are becoming more timely (he absolutely punished Denver for switching Billups onto him tonight), his chippies are going in, and he's running the floor. He scored 21 points on 9-13 in only 29 minutes tonight...and that's just the icing on the cake. The most important numbers are:

3-16 for 10 points. That's the line of Anothony, who happens to be averaging 29 points a game against the NBA. Oh and the other time Carmelo has had to go against Marion this year? 5-19 for 16 points. So for the two games, their simple points and makes vs misses are:

Marion: 33 points 15-26 from the floor.

Anthony: 36 points 8-35 from the floor.

I mean..holy crap. Does anyone remember what it was like trying to guard Anthony last year? Or any other scoring swing man for that matter? You can't give all the credit to Marion; other areas of the defense have improved, for sure. But my goodness that dude makes an incredible difference on the defensive end, and I still feel like he's under appreciated among the more casual Mavs fan.

Also huge defensively (and offensively too) tonight was Haywood. That dude showed me a ton tonight against Denver. Damp wasn't bad himself in his limited minutes, but Haywood was at another level and showed he has the mobility to play with Denver. Huge blocks, huge rebounds, and provided some offensive pressure.

Kidd turned in a relatively normal night for him. A few huge defensive plays, good passing and a few big shots. Rock solid.

Butler was a little out of the offense tonight, mainly due to match ups that had us getting offense from Marion. But he rebounded well, had a few defensive plays, and hit some big momentum shots early in the game. I also just love his attitude out there. Completely willing to stick his nose into traffic and come up with that ball.

Jet was big tonight without really going off (we didn't need him to). He was efficient, got shots within the offense and hit a clutch shot to get Dirk his Triple Double. Good stuff.

Najera was pretty quiet tonight and has to pull down more than one rebound in 12 minutes. I thought Carlisle really played with fire having him in there late in the third quarter. Denver went on a run that coincided with no center being on the court for the Mavs. Luckily the ship was righted early in the fourth.

Pretty "meh" night from Roddy tonight. I think we can all see how wide the production gap is between Roddy on the floor with Kidd and Roddy running the offense. But he put pressure on Denver defensively and didn't really screw anything up, and you obviously have to continue to give him SOME time every game. No more DNP's for Boobie.

So there it is. A very satisfying win. Obviously Denver had several things working against them tonight, but it doesn't really take way from a really fun and important win. But this thing's far from over; the Mavs need to finish this push and wrap up the second seed over the next two weeks.
Nice summary...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-29-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #42
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Great performance. great win... everyone played well.

Mavs also did a good job of keeping the pressure on. Nuggets never got closer than 7 in the 2nd half
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #43
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

The Nuggets for sure would have won had this game been at a neutral site.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
The Nuggets for sure would have won had this game been at a neutral site.
I hope that's a joke.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #45
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

I know right now that tomorrow is going to be a typical "post Mavs win day", wich will
force myself to run around with a very big grin and wanting to watch this game over and over again.

So if anybody of you is going to upload it (maybe Germandunk?)...let me know!

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 03-29-2010 at 10:59 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm giving this game ball to 'trix. He was doing it all, scoring and shut carmelo flat-ass down. Hell of a job.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #47
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
I know right now that tomorrow is going to be a typical "post Mavs win day", wich will
force myself to run around with a very big grin and wanting to watch this game over and over again.

So if anybody of you is going to upload it (maybe Germandunk?)...let me know!

I was stuck at work watching the game cast so I'd love to watch it for a FIRST time.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #48
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a big but subtle difference in Roddy when he has to play the point vs playing the shooting guard. The complimentary guard makes a big difference as well. He was more effective on offense with Kidd vs when he was on the floor with Jet.

Jet was a pretty big non-factor until winning time in the 4th.

I was completely impressed with Marion tonight. He was causing problems for Melo and they really didn't have an answer for him when he got the ball for scoring.

Dirk, you're my hero.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwick View Post
So with this win will we officially fall out of Hollinger's rankings?
Greatness..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

I'm rewatching the game in the second and that dampier really gave them some good energy...tipping in a roddy miss, at least two offensive rebound backtaps. good stuff.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic win this was! It looked pretty sloppy at times, but the Mavs were aggressive on both ends of the floor, and that's what decided the game. I put that in bold because I cannot stress enough how important enough it is for the Mavs to stay aggressive. More often than not, when the Mavs have lost this season, I felt like it was because they just weren't trying hard enough, especially the recent losses. Tonight, they hustled throughout the whole game.

I know Dirk's huge game is the story of the night, but for me, Marion was the most important player on the floor for most of the game. That's why I thought it was so weird that Carlisle kept him out in the 4th, but whatever, I'm not gonna complain about a big win.

Haywood's defense was impressive all night. Those blocks were HUGE. He had a solid game, and Damp looked decent in his limited minutes.

Roddy didn't have a big scoring night but his defense was a significant factor.

Butler's passing continues to impress me. Didn't put up huge numbers tonight, but still looked good out there, and stayed aggressive.

Also, I've said this before and I'll say it again; the Mavs are a better team without Barea. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, and I'm not just saying that because of the big win. I especially don't mean to hate on the guy, but he just doesn't have the size or athleticism to be productive for long stretches in the NBA. He's the kind of guy who can be useful for 5-10 minutes. Frankly, between Kidd, Terry, and Roddy, we've got that position covered and we just don't need JJB. In the few games he's been unable to play, where Carlisle didn't have the option of relying on him, I thought the Mavs looked better every time. He's just too much of a defensive liability.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #52
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I'm rewatching the game in the second and that dampier really gave them some good energy...tipping in a roddy miss, at least two offensive rebound backtaps. good stuff.
Solid work from a backup, though Haywood clearly outplayed him. Nene? Non-factor.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Solid work from a backup, though Haywood clearly outplayed him. Nene? Non-factor.
Yup...just what you want from a backup. Also Wood seemed to need some pushing..he's been much better after the benching.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #54
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was obviously the man tonight so I won't rehash that.

Can't give Marion enough props for the job he did on Melo. To hold one of the best scorers in the league to 10 points on 19% shooting is huge.

Haywood impressed me the couple of times that he got switched onto a smaller player on pick and roll situations. The player had the ball, got him isolated, and tried to shoot it over him. I recall Haywood getting two blocks in this situation. Pretty salty play on his part to stay patient in this situation and not fall for the headfakes. He kept enough space not to let them drive and still managed to get his hand on the shot.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #55
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup...just what you want from a backup. Also Wood seemed to need some pushing..he's been much better after the benching.
Yup. I think he's got a little healthier too, though. He really didn't look like himself when he came back, and it wasn't all lack of effort. Glad he's back to the first ten games or so of post-All Star form.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #56
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think people around here underrate Damp. 4 points and 5 rebounds is VERY good for 9 minutes of play.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #57
tcat075
Diamond Member

Oh, and one more think. Melo sucking was totally thanks to Marion's D. Sure, there's games where he'll shoot better just because he will, but Marion was a huge part of it, by far the biggest factor.

However, Billups was just a little off. He missed a lot of shots he typically hits. I'm not saying we should have lost or anything, but if we see these guys in the playoffs let's not assume Billups will go 3-14.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #58
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

If Barea had been available, some chunk of Roddy's minutes in the 2nd would have gone to JJ.

Most likely the chunk where Roddy bothered a shot or two and got some steals. This was when the Mavs were beating back a run from Denver and sustaining the lead. Had JJ been in the game, he would've been stuck guarding JR Smith, who would've scored at will.

JJ is kryptonite against Denver, no question about it.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #59
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I think people around here underrate Damp. 4 points and 5 rebounds is VERY good for 9 minutes of play.
Oh, totally, and I wish he would have got 5 more and Najera get 5 less, just because of how Damp was playing.

I still think Najera has some merits for a few minutes a game because he can stretch the floor a little and open up the lanes. He's not a great three point shooter as we all know but he hits them well enough you have to send someone out there to guard him.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 PM   #60
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I hope that's a joke.
What else would it be?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

I think that dampier is just as good or better than wood defensively, but offensively his ability to catch the ball really makes him a weapon.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #62
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Spread on this game was Dallas -5, which means this game ended that streak of the Mavs not covering when favored by more than 4 at home.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-29-2010 at 11:50 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #63
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Bob Ortegal was going to have change his shorts after Jet hit that shot to give Dirk the TD.

Great moment.

Incidentally, I was there for Dirks' first triple double. I'm glad to see he can do it without me
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #64
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think that dampier is just as good or better than wood defensively, but offensively his ability to catch the ball really makes him a weapon.
Haywood is clearly better blocking shots. Dampier may be very similar at plain defense, using his size and man to man techniques, but he's not as good at swatting stuff. I'll give Damp a small edge in rebounding, but Wood's better at defense and offense.

Last edited by tcat075; 03-29-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #65
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Nowitzki's triple-double helps Mavs jump into 2nd in West

By Mike Fisher, for NBA.com
Posted Tuesday March 30, 2010 12:26AM

DALLAS (NBA.com exclusive) -- Assorted members of the Mavericks termed Monday's 109-93 victory over visiting Denver "a statement game.''

A statement? That underselling is one of the few errors any of the Mavs committed in this showdown for second place in the Western Conference standings. In fact, Dallas made dozens of "statements'' in the meeting at American Airlines Center, outperforming Denver at virtually every position up and down the roster and in virtually every category up and down the stat sheet.

"This was definitely a fun win,'' said Dirk Nowitzki, who led the charge in three of those categories with 34 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists, the second triple-double of the All-NBA player's career. "We share the ball, we play off each other with a lot of energy and we love to play together.''

"It was Dirk,'' added teammate Jason Terry, "and it was everybody.''

The win vaults Dallas nearer control of the No. 2 slot in the Western Conference playoff race. The Mavs are 49-25 and now have a half-game lead over their nearest competitor -- but now that nearest competitor is Utah, with a 49-26 record. The Nuggets -- the team that ousted Dallas in last season's conference semifinals -- are in a tailspin. Denver finished this road trip (demanding in part because this game was the second of a back-to-back) 1-4 and has lost five of their last six contests. The Nuggets are now 48-27and with this loss tumbled to fifth place in the West, all the way behind Phoenix.

Before tipoff, Denver interim coach Adrian Dantley said the second-place showdown was arguably the biggest game of the season. Denver (with the exception of J.R. Smith, who scored 27) did not play at a level befitting the importance of the game. Among the Nuggets who fell short: Carmelo Anthony, who was badly outplayed by Shawn Marion.

Said Nowitzki: "To me, the game ball really belongs to Marion. He was fantastic tonight. Carmelo is one of the best scorers in the league and he did a phenomenal job on him. [Marion] was the player of the game.''

Anthony entered the game as the NBA's third-leading scorer at 28.9 points per game. But he made just three of his 16 shots and finished with 10 points, largely due to Marion's defense. Marion scored 21 points himself, but his defensive work has been the constant.

Notably, since the All-Star Break trade that brought new starters Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood in trade from Washington, the Mavs are 17-5. Despite their recent tribulations (Dallas had dropped four of seven before Monday), the Mavs since the break are playing at a .773 clip that is second only to Phoenix' 16-4 record in that time.

Terry contributed 15 points off the bench for Dallas, which also got an emotional lift from the contributions of rookie Roddy Beaubois. The French speaking youngster from Guadeloupe didn't come close to matching his 40-point explosion from Saturday at Golden State. But he was among the many contributing factors as the Mavs controlled the pace (with 23 fast break points) while also limiting the Denver offense.

The Nuggets average 107.1 points per game; that's the third-highest scoring offense in the NBA. However, the Nuggets have fallen short of 100 points in four straight games and in seven of their last eight games.

Denver did make a fourth-quarter run, pulling to within 82-75 with 10:08 remaining. But Terry -- who engaged Smith all night in a game that got chippy -- then scored eight consecutive points, including a pair of 3's.

"That Denver team has always been a thorn in our side,'' Terry said, "so it means something to beat them, especially given the situation [with the standings]. And if you don't fight back, if you get lax at all, they will sense it and they will kill you. In that sense, yes, we fought back and we made a statement.''

Or, really, dozens of them.
http://www.nba.com/games/20100329/DE...s=iref:nbahpt1
Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #66
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Spread on this game was Dallas -5, which means this game ended that streak of the Mavs not covering when favored by more than 4 at home.
first time this year they've covered? or was that only against non-playoff teams that they were 0-24-1 or something to that effect?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #67
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I love Dirk. So unselfish. And he always gives credit where credit is due. I'm very pleased that he gave a lot of credit to Marion.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #68
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
first time this year they've covered? or was that only against non-playoff teams that they were 0-24-1 or something to that effect?
It was 0 for the last 27 or 28 when favored by more than 4 points at home. I'm not sure if that covers this entire season or not, but it's probably close. It includes both playoff and non-playoff teams, as long as the spread was more than Dallas -4.

They did have a couple in there where they were favored by exactly 4 and covered, though.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #69
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

jthig32 is on point.

Marion is one of the best AND most versatile ON-THE-BALL defenders in the league today. Most defensive specialists are insidious queers like Bowen, but Marion is just a supercool low-key dude. Gigantic asset to this Mavs squad, especially in their possible upcoming postseason matchups against Melo and Kobe.

As for the rest of the squad, everyone looked comfortable, the ball was moving well, and our team defense is getting better and better.

Last edited by DULLAH; 03-30-2010 at 12:02 AM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #70
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
jthig32 is on point.

Marion is one of the best AND most versatile ON-THE-BALL defenders in the league today. Most defensive specialists are insidious queers like Bowen, but Marion is just a supercool low-key dude. Gigantic asset to this Mavs squad, especially in their possible upcoming postseason matchups against Melo and Kobe.
HAH!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 AM   #71
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Missed the game
How did we shutdown Melo and Billups? No Barea in the boxscore! How did that happen?!
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #72
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I was thinking about pointing out that Damp was pretty impressive himself(although not as mobile as Haywood) and certainly not below B-Wood's level in rebounding after reading the first page and Jthig's summary, which got everybody's contributions pretty much covered for good, but after Damp dominated the second thread-page I became a little reluctant to do so, not to give the impression of overrating him.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:39 AM   #73
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
Missed the game
How did we shutdown Melo and Billups? No Barea in the boxscore! How did that happen?!
For a game summary watch the first post of the second page, Barea missed the game because he had a sore left ankle.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #74
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Regarding Damp/Haywood, it's just nice to know that we have injury insurance at the C position come April.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 AM   #75
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk actually got some calls when Melo held him (every trip), rare to see that. Very nice to see him hitting threes (I think he's hit one in like 6 straight games). He really should shoot 3-4 threes a game imo.

Martrix was fantastic as well. He seems to do a nice job on Melo.

Haywood looked real good tonight (except when he catches it on the perimeter).

No JJB= dominance. Coincidence? I think not. ;]

Not at all, no JJB and Rody in Mavs win !!
Carliste must understand no ?
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #76
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I think we were steadily losing the lead with Dampier in the game
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #77
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this is Dallas basketball come playoff time!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #78
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
He spent most of his minutes on the floor without Marion, Kidd or Dirk. He had four points and five rebounds in nine minutes. Talk about hard to please.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:58 AM   #79
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That had more to do with the fact that there wasn't much offense on the floor when Damp came in during the second quarter, Roddy looked a bit lost playing PG without Kidd, and took two bad shots.

In fact, Damp was the one reason the Nuggets didn't make a big run during that period.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #80
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Looked to me like Melo has some quit in him. He was not with it at all, all game long. I love how Marion played on both ends. He didn't think twice about taking it to Billups on the blocks when they switched and it was fun to watch.

That was a fun game!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk > any tag ever, dirk = clutch...again, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, need to watch it again, uberman