Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-01-2022, 09:52 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fire Kidd

That is all.

Fuck this clown.

He gets worse every second season he survives with a team because being a douche bag quip guy doesn?t make for good coaching.

He goes or I do
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
That is all.

Fuck this clown.

He gets worse every second season he survives with a team because being a douche bag quip guy doesn?t make for good coaching.

He goes or I do
I agree however the FO was here before him. Cuban is a buffoon with the lack of team building over the past 5 years. Luka was known to be generational by Christmas time 2018 which is 5 fucking years ago. We still have the same clowns as a core.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:47 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Worst coach in the league by a mile, and it all started with bringing Wood off the bench. Dumbest move in Maverick history.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-01-2022 at 10:47 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:54 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I agree however the FO was here before him. Cuban is a buffoon with the lack of team building over the past 5 years. Luka was known to be generational by Christmas time 2018 which is 5 fucking years ago. We still have the same clowns as a core.
At the very least, Cuban got Kemba as an admission of his summer stupidity, and Nico just today said we would see some Hardy. So those guys in the basics get it. Terrible at their jobs, but those are baby steps that I can at least be OK with.

Kidd is on a different planet right now.

Bet Kemba doesn't even play.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:21 PM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Think I?ll take a break from watching entire games.

I?ll probably watch saturday at Knicks out of morbid curiosity, then wait til Christmas Day.

Until there?s changes on this team, can?t keep watching this horrible product.

Edit: Kidd is by far the worst coach in the nba. All of his quotes alone prove it, and he?s already lost the team.

Last edited by Melonhead; 12-01-2022 at 11:22 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:15 AM   #6
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
-We know that Marc Cuban and Dwight Powell go to movies together
-We know that Dwight Powell should have been gone years ago
-We see Dwight Powell not only still here but STARTING over Wood

hrmm
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:21 AM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
-We know that Marc Cuban and Dwight Powell go to movies together
-We know that Dwight Powell should have been gone years ago
-We see Dwight Powell not only still here but STARTING over Wood

hrmm
Suggesting Cuban is why DP is starting is a slap in the face of DPs integrity. They can be friends and go to moves, hell they can make out at half time for all I care. But I think DP is the quality person and teammate that would not want to hurt the team at the cost of him getting minutes and starts because the owner is his JO buddy. DPs not good but our roster isn't either.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:22 AM   #8
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Suggesting Cuban is why DP is starting is a slap in the face of DPs integrity. They can be friends and go to moves, hell they can make out at half time for all I care. But I think DP is the quality person and teammate that would not want to hurt the team at the cost of him getting minutes and starts because the owner is his JO buddy. DPs not good but our roster isn't either.
You don't know DP to talk about his integrity, ridiculous.

So Kidd somehow thinks it's a great idea to start DP? Well he should definitely be fired. Regardless of your opinion about DP's integrity which you have no clue about I believe Cuban could be involved in it.

I'm not even sure your post makes a lick of sense. Your point is that if Cuban wanted him to start he would refuse it because of his integrity?

So what is the reason he is starting then? You say our roster is not good but you didn't mention the obvious Wood is 20x the player DP is, yet you have no explanation for why DP is starting over Wood.

If Kidd gets fired and we have another coach and DP is still starting then it confirms it was definitely Cuban. And Wood will leave in free agency and we'll still be stuck with "Mr. Integrity" whoopdee doo.

Even if it's true Cuban plays no part in DP starting, it doesn't explain why he's still on the roster and has been since we acquired him with RAJON RONDO forever ago, longest reigning Mav and not even a good basketball player.

Last edited by JustJay; 12-02-2022 at 02:39 AM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:31 AM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
You don't know DP to talk about his integrity, ridiculous.

So Kidd somehow thinks it's a great idea to start DP? Well he should definitely be fired. Regardless of your opinion about DP's integrity which you have no clue about I believe Cuban could be involved in it.

I'm not even sure your post makes a lick of sense. Your point is that if Cuban wanted him to start he would refuse it because of his integrity?

So what is the reason he is starting then? You say our roster is not good but you didn't mention the obvious Wood is 20x the player DP is, yet you have no explanation for why DP is starting over Wood.

If Kidd gets fired and we have another coach and DP is still starting then it confirms it was definitely Cuban. And Wood will leave in free agency and we'll still be stuck with "Mr. Integrity" whoopdee doo.

Even if it's true Cuban plays no part in DP starting, it doesn't explain why he's still on the roster and has been since we acquired him with RAJON RONDO forever ago, longest reigning Mav and not even a good basketball player.
You realize this is in the "fire Kidd" thread right? Haven't put that one together? DP is starting because Kidd thinks it's thr best way to go about this and a few other boneheaded things, hence ...the thread.

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-02-2022 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #10
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm not with the fire Kidd movement. I think the FO needs to realize the utter stupidity of their offseason moves or lack thereof and make moves to fix it. I just don't know what that is at this moment.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:08 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I'm not with the fire Kidd movement. I think the FO needs to realize the utter stupidity of their offseason moves or lack thereof and make moves to fix it. I just don't know what that is at this moment.
FO can't do anything when the coach has devalued the entire roster.

Ok, so let's say Kidd is fired today, and I take over as head coach. What do I do?

First, I'm just going to play to the team's strength which right now is offense. It's still off, but it's not as bad as D. FT drills and three point drills 24/7. Mavs can't function on any level if those two things aren't fixed because the team is literally built that way.

Then we start our best lineup straight away with a wild card added. Green is a plus with basically every lineup he plays with. Luka/Green/Wood also is a plus. Then I'm gonna start Hardy to put fans in the seats since everyone is jumping ship. Again...offense focused BUT I'm still going to start my two best defenders.

Luka/Hardy/Green/DFS/Wood. Whatever is given up on D, which could be a lot, is more than made up for on offense. If Hardy is the real deal, then that is a flamethrower offense to boot. Most of all it will be fun to watch. All of those players are more or less fan favorites that fans want to see on the court. Hardy might cost you a few games early on, but it'll more than makeup for it in the second half of the season.

Now that lineup's achilles will likely be rebounding, but the entire team sucks in that regard. There is no lineup that has been used that is doing well in that department IMO.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:36 AM   #12
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Pardon me if I choose to give the guy more than a 1/4 of the season to figure it out. Easy for us armchair GMs and coaches to lay all of that out. What's obvious to fans is what you just laid out, which I'm in a lot off agreement with, tbh.

But it's a coach who just went to the WCF with a group not all that different, but with key changes. It's never quick enough for fans, I get that's frustrating. But I'm just not ready to hand the keys to another coach and hope to hell it works out. Because that's exactly what you would be doing at this point in the season. You're better off hoping it works out than making a knee jerk change this early.

Fire Kidd with the roster situation the FO has created? Might as well start looking for the best trade return on Luka. Of course, I can already see the replies of same thing if Kidd stays. Well, that's my opinion and preference. The only time a coaching change during the season if defensible and logical is if the team has given up. And that is far from the case here.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #13
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Looks to me like Kidd is befuddled with how to play Wood and make it work. Since, I do not believe Kidd is going anywhere the best option for the Mavs may be to trade Wood now, assuming you will get a reasonable return. I wonder if the Bulls are a trading partner. They are at the bottom of the league in 3pt attempts and the Chicago media is wanting to blow the team up. Maybe Vucevic is available or DeRozen. They might bite if Wood was part of the deal. Just a thought. Regardless of the ideal trade, I do not believe Cuban would ever admit hiring Kidd was a mistake so you have to look for a Plan B or hope Kidd figures it out eventually.

Last edited by purplefrog; 12-02-2022 at 12:31 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:41 PM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

The one thing you can do as coach is shake up the lineups. Turn over every stone to see what works best. Kidd is not doing that. I understand it's not ideal to dump the coach this early and it's 1000% not happening. But, who thinks his rotations are correct? Who thinks he has this team hitting on even half it's cylinders. If the blame is with FO then why is he rolling out the same failed experiments? Kidd does not have a contending roster but that doesn't exclude him from most of the blame because it's clear that is leaving a lot of meat on the bone.

To go with DHWS coach plan, I wouldnt have been backing the moves/ lack of moves in the media like he did during the offseason. Saying, well let's not forget we have Frank etc. If coach isn't on-board with the moves and lack of moves made, then give a vague comment, "I don't control the personel moves and I'm not going to give opinions about that, I'm here to coach the guys we have to be the best they can be". Don't champion FRANK in the face of losing JB and then not ever play him. Don't come out and say you aren't starting your second best player and then hold him to ridiculously high standards that he doesn't hold others to.

Who in their right mind starts THJ and gives him more mins after what he's done this season and knowing hes super sreaky? You're just setting yourself up to have to pull him in a few weeks and try something else. It's been proven time and time again.

Far as I'm concerned, Kidd shocked me when he said Wood wouldn't start and championed Frank this offseason. He started free falling with other puzzling rotations and general roster utilization. Ultimately If all else is equal and we are in the finals and it's a chess match between coaches, we are chocolate fuct.

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-02-2022 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:51 AM   #15
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

This mf'er has to go. I know the big story is the Mavs missed fts, but on top of that Kidd coached the worst end of game execution I've ever seen from the Mavs vs. the Bucks:

-horrible decision having DFS inbounds when you need Luka to touch the ball
-horrible inbounds play on defense (miscommunication between Kleber and DFS was a coaching issue; that play was one of the most obvious switches ever)
-hottible inbounds play on offense --- run a fucking play!! Jesus!!

Say what you want about Carlisle, at least he could draw up a clear play and maintain a strategy. Kidd is in over his head.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #16
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don?t think the end of game execution, was Kidd?s fault watch this video

https://twitter.com/HalfCourtHoops/s...Xxdg__GWE352zA

Mavs ran this play earlier this season with a similar result?. It?s a shitty fucking play.
Old 12-10-2022, 02:02 PM   #17
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If you don?t think the end of game execution, was Kidd?s fault watch this video

https://twitter.com/HalfCourtHoops/s...Xxdg__GWE352zA

Mavs ran this play earlier this season with a similar result?. It?s a shitty fucking play.
You can see that Wood is also aware, and he looks toward Luka, but unfortunately he looks toward the bench right at the moment that Luka tries to communicate with him.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:59 PM   #18
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I highly doubt Kidd is going to get fired.

IN fact I think Avery Johnson might have had the shortest stint of any Mavs coach under Cuban and that at least lasted like 5 years

Kidd is just in year 2

I'm not holding my breath and if anything, Kidd didn't botch the JJB situation that was our beloved owner once again.

Voice your frustrations at Cuban because he's trying to milk Luka just like he did Dirk
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #19
saclare
Platinum Member

Miscommunication between players is a coaching issue? I need to relearn basketball apparently.

Other issues? Sure...but to blame anyone other than DFS and Maxi there is wrong.
Old 12-13-2022, 03:18 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Here are my biggest concerns with Kidd that are still ongoing despite seeing some improvement in defense/scoring

1) Play-calling. Every team knows what we are running at the end of the game. We have one play and it's a double screen to get Luka open. That's it. No fake passes. No Luka pass in and back to Luka. Most of the game it works, but when it doesn't, Kidd has no creativity.

2) Personnel decisions-- look, we're not the most talented team in the league, but we aren't going anywhere without developing players into their new roles. We can keep trading Woods, KPs, etc. but we have to realize that our best chance at success is to mentor guys into that role instead of giving up on guys early.

Example 1: Wood. I know he's a mixed bag, but not playing with Luka is a crime. How are we ever going to get a two-man game going if we consistently refuse to play players together and draw up plays for them

Example 2: Hardy is on a short leash with no confidence from coach. When he does play, it's with an empty bench. Hardy needs to play and play in rotation to improve. What does playing him with Frank ball-dominating show?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 03:59 PM   #21
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Here are my biggest concerns with Kidd that are still ongoing despite seeing some improvement in defense/scoring

2) Personnel decisions-- look, we're not the most talented team in the league, but we aren't going anywhere without developing players into their new roles. We can keep trading Woods, KPs, etc. but we have to realize that our best chance at success is to mentor guys into that role instead of giving up on guys early.

Example 1: Wood. I know he's a mixed bag, but not playing with Luka is a crime. How are we ever going to get a two-man game going if we consistently refuse to play players together and draw up plays for them
The more I watch this Mavs team, the more I am convinced that a Luka + Wood lineup will never reach their expected ceiling given their individual talents. I would rather see Luka + Vucevic or Luka + John Collins. But I realize there is no reason to believe either of those deals could be made even with Wood as trade chip. So, it comes down to a very simple reality in my opinion. Mavs offer Wood an extension at market value or a bit above market value and see if he bites. If not, then trade him asap.

I would be absolutely shocked if Kidd was dumped by Cuban anytime soon (I think he is here for at least the 2023-2024 season), so the MBT needs to evaluate whether Luka +Wood can work with this coach, period. Kidd is clearly having trouble figuring it out so what options are left?

Last edited by purplefrog; 12-13-2022 at 04:04 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

Kidd would have to miss the playoffs in order to get fired. Even then, most of us would still have to see it to believe it. Cubans loyalty is a mystery! I can never figure out what his values are.

Seems like 99% of us agree about Kidds mismanagement of the rotations/personnel usage, play calling.

Old 12-13-2022, 04:48 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Playing Frank over Hardy in the OKC game is the ultimate ego driven Kidd move. It would be one thing if Frank played stellar defense, but he picks up 4 fouls in 18 minutes. Frank isn't a long term Mav prospect like Hardy is either.

I know Hardy and Wood like each other. Hardy might have to pick a different teammate to like...

Old 12-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

[QUOTE=DevinHarriswillstart;1516460]Playing Frank over Hardy in the OKC game is the ultimate ego driven Kidd move. It would be one thing if Frank played stellar defense, but he picks up 4 fouls in 18 minutes. Frank isn't a long term Mav prospect like Hardy is either.

I know Hardy and Wood like each other. Hardy might have to pick a different teammate to like...[/QUOTEAgreed.

Agreed.
Randomly playing Frank basically leaves me nowhere to go but agreeing with you on that it seems like an ego move. Frank over Hardy shouldn't be happening.

Old 12-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #25
saclare
Platinum Member

Wait, what? Did we watch a different game??? You bring up Frank's fouls but fail to mention his individual defense overall.

Trust me, if Kidd played Hardy the way some of you wanted in that game, he would have gotten EXPOSED by SGA and even Dort. (edit: shit, I'm adding Giddey and Joe to this)

"But he needs experience" -- yea, not that kind of experience...let the kid marinate just a bit guys. I'm willing to bet had Green been available, then it's Hardy getting first crack minutes and not Frank.

I think some are just in their feelings since Frank obviously can't do what Hardy does on the offensive end and he had some bad misses on wide open corner looks. I get it, but to unsubstantially dismiss Frank's play like that just cause we all want to see Hardy? Kid would have been fed to the wolves last night.

Last edited by saclare; 12-13-2022 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 07:06 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Wait, what? Did we watch a different game??? You bring up Frank's fouls but fail to mention his individual defense overall.

Trust me, if Kidd played Hardy the way some of you wanted in that game, he would have gotten EXPOSED by SGA and even Dort. (edit: shit, I'm adding Giddey and Joe to this)

"But he needs experience" -- yea, not that kind of experience...let the kid marinate just a bit guys. I'm willing to bet had Green been available, then it's Hardy getting first crack minutes and not Frank.

I think some are just in their feelings since Frank obviously can't do what Hardy does on the offensive end and he had some bad misses on wide open corner looks. I get it, but to unsubstantially dismiss Frank's play like that just cause we all want to see Hardy? Kid would have been fed to the wolves last night.
Ugh...I'm so tired of giving guys who don't show up breaks because they supposedly play defense. Frank was decent in like a couple playoff games vs Phx last year. That's about all I can recall on his serious impact on the Mavs.

If Hardy plays and stinks, fine. YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM FIRST.

Old 12-13-2022, 09:09 PM   #27
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

What we are saying is Hardy IS going to get beat as a defender sometimes and we can live with it because we are growing young players in the system with our other quality players in moments that have a semblance of meaning.

Acting like it's an absolute given that we are worse off with Hardy than Frank is a long reach. Frank played hard and had a cpl good moments but the hustle play to tie up for the jump ball was the only stand out play from him that I recall.

It's bigger than one game and there is no comparison between Frank and Hardy. Some can see it that way if they choose and Kidd can justify past comments by himself, Cuban and Nico because of the huge loss in the offseason and not being able to back fill JBs role.

Reiterating the big picture as far as im concerned. This team isn't as good as last years team, and we have at most a handful of guys total that aren't at their ceiling: Luka, Green, Hardy (maybe Wood and SD) too. We have to implement Hardy in more meaningful moments. I'm all for striking a balance of getting him more minutes while not crushing him with negative experiences but we are nowhere near that balance.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:20 PM   #28
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares if the thunder ?expose? Hardy? Let him make mistakes, just like all the other players are allowed to make. A couple 3-4 minute bursts with him in the game would do him well, not being iso man with both benches cleared. That?s not helping his development.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #29
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I'd love to see Hardy get minutes, I think Kidd was right on this one.
If THJ would have been out instead of Green, then yeah, put Hardy out there for more offense.

But Kidd needed another defender on Shai and Frank was the obvious choice imo. Mavs simply couldn't screw around and lose this game so go with the logical person.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:48 AM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Again, Shai shot 14-23, so yeah, did a great job defensively against him...sigh.

Here is where the strange divide seems to occur with how people view this team. I do not focus so vigilantly on offense vs defense. I focus on PLAYING THE BETTER PLAYER. That just seems so simple to me. Talent>everything else.

What happens is that players who haven't earned their minutes will get to play almost indefinitely because they "supposedly" play defense. But it almost doesn't matter if they play it or not, it's just the perception that they do.

Defense didn't beat the Thunder as they shot 48% from the field. We hit our threes and made fts.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:48 AM   #31
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
As much as I'd love to see Hardy get minutes, I think Kidd was right on this one.
If THJ would have been out instead of Green, then yeah, put Hardy out there for more offense.

But Kidd needed another defender on Shai and Frank was the obvious choice imo. Mavs simply couldn't screw around and lose this game so go with the logical person.
Only took a few posters, but glad one of you showed up! Logic over feelings.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #32
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Again, Shai shot 14-23, so yeah, did a great job defensively against him...sigh.

Here is where the strange divide seems to occur with how people view this team. I do not focus so vigilantly on offense vs defense. I focus on PLAYING THE BETTER PLAYER. That just seems so simple to me. Talent>everything else.

What happens is that players who haven't earned their minutes will get to play almost indefinitely because they "supposedly" play defense. But it almost doesn't matter if they play it or not, it's just the perception that they do.

Defense didn't beat the Thunder as they shot 48% from the field. We hit our threes and made fts.
Yea, cause Frank was on him all game...again, if you didn't watch the game, that opinion might hold water.

It's not about earning minutes, it's about playing the best matchups NOW

I'm honestly at a loss for words for the lot of you who would have just thrown Hardy out there. Kidd apparently agrees that him getting trashed on defense is a net negative for his development.

But muh eXpErIeNcE

Hardy will play in due time and be a LOT better for it for not just being thrust into situations where he would not have a good time. Trust me, I've been clamoring for more playing time and experience for the kid, this was not one of those games.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:58 AM   #33
saclare
Platinum Member

Seriously, everyone knows Hardy's road to the league, right? It's not as cut and dry as some other rookies coming in and playing big minutes. Hell, most of those are on shit teams with lower expectations for the season. Of course, there are going to be the Jovic's that pop up every draft that just simply prove to be more ready than others. You can't let outside influences determine how you treat your own player's development. The kid is 20 and has barely played organized ball. It's abundantly clear that Hardy still has a ways to go in terms of fitting into team basketball. Scoring is natural for the kid as it always has been. That's the "easy" part for him.

I'm one of the biggest Hardy fans out there. As fans, we also have to be patient. I still strongly believe that Hardy will be a factor for us this season and beyond.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:27 AM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Well I guess you didn't watch the game because Frank was the Shai and frigging Lou Dort stopper. Without him we lose this game. He's been so crucial for us all season, hence the consistent minutes and undeniable contributions. You just don't understand next level coaching. Psh. The sooner you realize that Kidd is ahead of his time, the better fan you will be.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #35
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Well I guess you didn't watch the game because Frank was the Shai and frigging Lou Dort stopper. Without him we lose this game. He's been so crucial for us all season, hence the consistent minutes and undeniable contributions. You just don't understand next level coaching. Psh. The sooner you realize that Kidd is ahead of his time, the better fan you will be.
Slob on each other all you want, super cute.

Kidd was right in this match-up and you can't bring yourself to admit it.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #36
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Slob on each other all you want, super cute.

Kidd was right in this match-up and you can't bring yourself to admit it.
"Only took a few posters, but glad one of you showed up! Logic over feelings."

Lol. Ironic.

There is no logic in all the sudden championing Frank. We all watched the game and we didnt win because Frank saved the day. Feelings aren't hurt broham.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:22 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Yea, cause Frank was on him all game...again, if you didn't watch the game, that opinion might hold water.

It's not about earning minutes, it's about playing the best matchups NOW

I'm honestly at a loss for words for the lot of you who would have just thrown Hardy out there. Kidd apparently agrees that him getting trashed on defense is a net negative for his development.

But muh eXpErIeNcE

Hardy will play in due time and be a LOT better for it for not just being thrust into situations where he would not have a good time. Trust me, I've been clamoring for more playing time and experience for the kid, this was not one of those games.
So now we're playing the didn't watch the game card and "muh experience"? Weak. Grow up if you want to keep having adult conversations.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:57 PM   #38
Melonhead
Guru

Only the mavs cant have rookies get in the game for a few minutes of experience. We're on our championship run so theres no way a guy like Hardy can break the rotation.......
Old 12-14-2022, 02:57 PM   #39
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
So now we're playing the didn't watch the game card and "muh experience"? Weak. Grow up if you want to keep having adult conversations.
Grow the fuck up is classic coming from you and the few here who can't grasp simple concepts.

I'm of the simple understanding that we have a better chance at winning *that exact game* with Frank playing over Hardy so we can utilize a man on man and plus team defender with Green being out.

The ONLY argument is that Hardy getting no minutes is malpractice. I would tend to agree. But to shit on Frank for the benefit of wanting to see Hardy. Nah, fuck that.

I want to win games. If Hardy can come along and become a complete player then great. That's not what he is right now and that specific game would not have been productive to his experience or development or whatever the hell you want to apply to it.

But here we are in a "Fire Kidd" thread 27 games into the season complaining about a decision that ultimately won the game. The same hate shown here towards Frank is blatantly not shared by this staff and his teammates. You may not see it that way (hating on Frank) but it's definitely coming across as that more than whatever the desire to see Hardy more.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:58 PM   #40
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Only the mavs cant have rookies get in the game for a few minutes of experience. We're on our championship run so theres no way a guy like Hardy can break the rotation.......
No one's said that, but thanks for the contribution.