Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2023, 04:39 PM   #1001
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Nine games left to play I think we go 5-4
(Remaining Schedule 1 B2B left)

Fri, Mar 24 vs Charlotte 7:30 PM
Sun, Mar 26 at Charlotte 12:00 PM
Mon, Mar 27 at Indiana 6:00 PM NBA TV
Wed, Mar 29 at Philadelphia 6:30 PM ESPN
Sat, Apr 1 at Miami 6:30 PM NBA TV
Sun, Apr 2 at Atlanta 5:00 PM NBA TV
Wed, Apr 5 vs Sacramento 7:30 PM
Fri, Apr 7 vs Chicago 7:30 PM
Sun, Apr 9 vs San Antonio 2:30 PM
Pretty sure that's 2-7 incoming

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2023, 05:03 PM   #1002
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Pretty sure that's 2-7 incoming
Just bench Luka and Kyrie and let Hardy and Green have at it. If we win, we win developing them. If we lose, we keep our pick.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:56 PM   #1003
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree 100%. At the minimum the refs created confusion and then essentially awarded the Warriors 2 pts. That being said, Kidd should have called another time out as soon as he saw the incongruence. That would have provided an opportunity to dispute what was going on. BTW, regardless of the confusion created, was giving the Warriors the ball the correct call? That seems important. There were also several questionable calls in the 3rd and 4th quarter that did not go the Mavs way. All that being said, it is painful to watch Kidd's incompetence. Mavs have played 38 games that ended regulation time with a difference of 6 points or less. They have won half of those games. A really good coach would have better than a .500 record in close games. Moreover, the FO failed to pick up a center/rebounder before the trade deadline or after buy outs. The Mavs are literally last in the NBA in rebounding. Do you really believe you can compete in the playoffs being last in rebounding? Really? The organization is in dire straits, yet they are showing little urgency. Rather, they want to blame the NBA, the refs, and injuries for their lousy season. Truly dysfunctional. Its time to fish or cut bait Cuban. Fix it or sell the team.
I've said this a thousand times

This organization has lived and died with Powell/Kleber as their top two bigs.

No other organization in the league would sit around and continue to roll out that tandem on nightly basis to get destroyed on the glass every single night.

That is the definition of insanity

I also don't think Cuban gives a shit anymore. As long as he gets his sale out crowd's and he can market Luka dude is perfectly satisfied

He only made the kyrie trade to quiet down the outside noise

He has no intentions of retaining Irvin or Wood and I believe that incident with Brunson had cuban written all over it
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:48 PM   #1004
liqwidhalo

liqwidhalo has a spectacular aura aboutliqwidhalo has a spectacular aura about

Cut Morris, and sign F/C Luka Samanic (averaging 27 pts and 10 rebounds in G-League)
liqwidhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:52 AM   #1005
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Nine games left to play I think we go 5-4
(Remaining Schedule 1 B2B left)

Fri, Mar 24 vs Charlotte 7:30 PM
Sun, Mar 26 at Charlotte 12:00 PM
Mon, Mar 27 at Indiana 6:00 PM NBA TV
Wed, Mar 29 at Philadelphia 6:30 PM ESPN
Sat, Apr 1 at Miami 6:30 PM NBA TV
Sun, Apr 2 at Atlanta 5:00 PM NBA TV
Wed, Apr 5 vs Sacramento 7:30 PM
Fri, Apr 7 vs Chicago 7:30 PM
Sun, Apr 9 vs San Antonio 2:30 PM
I don't think it matters who they play as they'll find ways to mess it up. See my quote in the footer of my posts. ;-)

And btw - I think they go 3-6 to finish the season and their fate will be determined by the success (or lack thereof) of those around them in the standings.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:10 AM   #1006
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
I don't think it matters who they play as they'll find ways to mess it up. See my quote in the footer of my posts. ;-)

And btw - I think they go 3-6 to finish the season and their fate will be determined by the success (or lack thereof) of those around them in the standings.
Yep

Doesn't matter who they play

Mavs have lost 13 games when leading by double digits

Which means this team repeatedly finds ways to choke away games
Old 03-24-2023, 10:46 AM   #1007
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I've said this a thousand times

This organization has lived and died with Powell/Kleber as their top two bigs.
Well they had KP and have Wood, but we have/had two coaches that don't know how to use big men.

KP is overrated though and can't manage to get a win with his crappy Wizards. Rather have him over Powell or Kleber, but he can't rebound for shit either.

Wood isn't a great rebounder either.

So I feel we need to get a monster rebounding center above all else. Finding one that also blocks shots too is hard, and I don't even know who would be available to get.

I still like Oscar Tschiebwe if he enters the draft. One of the best rebounders of all time in college basketball. He might even go undrafted but for sure second round.

Old 03-24-2023, 03:22 PM   #1008
Dallas41
Diamond Member

?I can?t say anything bad about Dallas, but obviously I wish things would?ve happened differently,? Brunson said.

I keep telling people cuban is the problem

The dude really isn't the same owner he was 10 years ago
Old 03-24-2023, 04:08 PM   #1009
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well we all mostly agree Cuban is the problem at least on here. Just don't watch the HBO Mike Wallace interview where Cuban said he wants it to be a legacy franchise for his family...

Rehashing the Brunson stuff is silly at this point though because Brunson doesn't solve any of our current problems. Our offense didn't fall off at all, in fact, quite the opposite. We went from 15th to 6th in offensive efficiency.

And we drafted Hardy which, if we didn't do that, then I'd be more pissed.

Old 03-24-2023, 05:36 PM   #1010
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Found this MMB breaking down the effort or lack there of by Luka defensively. Seems like he just doesn't care to play any defense anymore

MMB
And speaking of Doncic, that leads us to the second issue. Effort. Watch Doncic on that play. He doesn?t really do...anything. He doesn?t step up to impede Curry?s path, but he doesn?t stick close to Kuminga, either. Kuminga is shooting 36 percent from deep this season, which is pretty good. But you?d rather him be the one with the ball in his hands, late in the shot clock, with the chance to seal the game, than one of the twenty best players in NBA history.

Doncic doesn?t have to be a great defender for the Mavericks. He carries an incredible load on offense, after all. But he can?t give such low effort in a crucial play of a huge game.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:15 PM   #1011
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah baby. Let's keep that pick!

Old 03-24-2023, 08:15 PM   #1012
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Its so hard to watch now. I?m sorry. All isolations or jacking up three point shots. Then poor defense on the other side of the ball. I want to watch but I feel like I?m wasting my time.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:24 PM   #1013
Dallas41
Diamond Member

When Bullock and Frank are on the floor together that tells you kidd is fed up with all the other shitty ass perimeter defenders on this team
Old 03-24-2023, 08:28 PM   #1014
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Powell doesn't contest a single fucking shot at the rim

Dude doesn't even jump half the time to try and alter the shots
Old 03-24-2023, 08:37 PM   #1015
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
When Bullock and Frank are on the floor together that tells you kidd is fed up with all the other shitty ass perimeter defenders on this team
Newsflash: Nobody plays defense anymore.

Old 03-24-2023, 08:43 PM   #1016
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

At home vs a bottom 3 team in the NBA. How low can this team go and how is Kidds job not on the line anymore? This team clearly has checked out on him.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:43 PM   #1017
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Newsflash: Nobody plays defense anymore.
You mean nobody plays defense to the ineptitude of the mavs

Boston. Cleveland, Milwaukee, Miami, Chicago, LA Lakers and Memphis will all play some form of defense especially in 4th qtrs when the urgency picks up.

So yes its an offensive tailored game but there are still some teams who will contest shots in the paint and close out to 3 point shooters when it matters

Dallas just so happens to be one of the teams that does neither.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:05 PM   #1018
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Derek Harper

"Mavs are 5/20 on threes and yet they continue to shoot them instead of attacking the basket"
Old 03-24-2023, 09:11 PM   #1019
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Christian Wood is the king of dumb fouls. Such a low iq player.

Last edited by JTmoney2424; 03-24-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:13 PM   #1020
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Hornets played last night

So I guess this was another schedule loss for Dallas unless the hornets decide to tank in the 4th
Old 03-24-2023, 09:17 PM   #1021
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTmoney2424 View Post
Christian Wood is the king of dumb fouls. Such a low iq player.
Dude has been losing teams his entire career

When you start adding guys like that to your locker room winning doesn't become a priority

Those types of players only care about their numbers and their money

At this point I'm all for playing guys like Pinson, Frank and that other rookie pg because they all play hard
Old 03-24-2023, 09:23 PM   #1022
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Luka sometimes pisses me off

He never bothered to look for for kyrie on that last possession because he was determined no matter what he was going to Jack up the shot

That's why I said in that lakers game kleber would have never got the ball had that been Luka
Old 03-24-2023, 09:26 PM   #1023
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Does Frank not practice 3?s?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:28 PM   #1024
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

How the fuck does Hardy not get more minutes? Guy is a walking bucket.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:29 PM   #1025
BPo001
Diamond Member

Frank iso? Wtf was that
Old 03-24-2023, 09:35 PM   #1026
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Hardy's 27 points last game gets him 17 minutes.

But all the wheels have fallen off so whatevs.

Old 03-24-2023, 09:36 PM   #1027
Dallas41
Diamond Member

As soon Powell, Luka and kyrie get back on the floor together the lead goes back up

They trio just doesn't work together especially when you need stops
Old 03-24-2023, 09:39 PM   #1028
JTmoney2424

Luka with another dumbass TO.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:40 PM   #1029
BPo001
Diamond Member

Lukas careless turnovers are killing us
Old 03-24-2023, 09:40 PM   #1030
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Luka with another dumb ass turnover
Old 03-24-2023, 09:42 PM   #1031
BPo001
Diamond Member

How do the refs miss that push in the back of wood?
Old 03-24-2023, 09:43 PM   #1032
BPo001
Diamond Member

This team is fucking pathetic.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:43 PM   #1033
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Small lineup no zone defense

26% 3 point shooting but let's keep jacking them up
Old 03-24-2023, 09:44 PM   #1034
BPo001
Diamond Member

Hardy?s face foul the guy?
Old 03-24-2023, 09:45 PM   #1035
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Lol

Now Luka drives

Dude could shoot 60% every night if he didn't settle for 3's so easily
Old 03-24-2023, 09:48 PM   #1036
BPo001
Diamond Member

No travel?
Old 03-24-2023, 09:49 PM   #1037
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Notice any time Powell is out team makes a run

But they simply won't limit this man's minutes to under 10 per game
Old 03-24-2023, 09:53 PM   #1038
JTmoney2424

They choose not to foul a horrible foul shooter and Smith puts the game on ice. This shit is inexcusable.

Last edited by JTmoney2424; 03-24-2023 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:54 PM   #1039
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see how McGee just rides the bench. Tired of getting killed on the boards.

Luka/Kyrie/Bullock/Wood/McGee

Kidd is dumb.
blessednegr0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:55 PM   #1040
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like the kind of loss that gets a coach fired.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote