Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Tim Legler picks Mavs over Cavs in finals

Saw it on the half time show, he is also basically said Dirk can't shoulder a load as he just isn't that complete of an offensive player
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Jinx
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Saw it on the half time show, he is also basically said Dirk can't shoulder a load as he just isn't that complete of an offensive player
^Perhaps i am mistaken, but I think several complex things may be at work inside Legler saying that.

In addition to it being somewhat true, I think he also may proudly declare it, in order to justify his pick, or at least to justofy it to those who assume he has a bias in making it.

Tim Legler is a german-american, and would by nature have a bias to like Nowitzki's team, but may wish to guard any obvious bias by declaring Nowitzki's weakness after heaping so much praise-in-expectation upon a team led by him.

Again, pehaps I mistaken, but aside fro many speculation as to Legler's pick, let me add this:

Legler has been a more accurate forecaster than any other ESPN analyst, and while that not be saying much, I believe very much Legler's forecasts are made with the highest degre of intelligence and saavy.

Another point he made about the lakers is one I myself predicted on inside hoops before I got banned. I stated that Ariza, at a younger age, and for less $, already perfectly filled the needs of LA from that position, and that LA would only hope Artest could deliver the same sopt0up 3's and great defense that Ariza brought to the table. Perhaps this could be due to my bias in favor of Ariza, but nonetheless i think Legler is right to point this out as to why LA is a worse team this year, and that is just one more reason for him choosing our Dallas mavericks to go the finals.

Last edited by DULLAH; 03-15-2010 at 09:03 PM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

thats a nice 5 minutes of fame
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Legler has always been a hack, Dullah must be a relative.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I never cared for Legler either. Though it's nice to get some recognition.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

They could do it, if they ever learned to rebound the basketball.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Yeah, Dirk's never shouldered a load.
This prediction is total BS, if RC decides to keep up with the 3 guard lineup and no centers game plan and players slack off.
IF-(a huge if) everyone actually plays like they care and they have some sort of pride and play defense consistently and play smart..it could be possible. But this Cavs team is pretty strong. Even if LBJ were shut down like he was in the 2007 Finals, Jamison/Shaq/Flopper are all capable of inflicting damage. It would be incredibly difficult.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'm Tim Legler and I'm just looking for some attention.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 AM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Legler's an idiot and a talking head. The fact that he's giving the Mavs some love doesn't change that.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Put Legler and Hollinger in a ring and let them duke it out....
Old 03-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

If we ever made it to the finals and had to play the Cavs it would be tremendously hard to win. They're so deep, they have the best player in the game, and we still have to wonder if Stern will let us win a ring this time around. I don't mean to be a debbie downer but us vs the Cavs in the finals would be us against so many odds. But imagine if we somehow won...
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #14
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Reflecting which teams crashed out unexpectedly in the first round, i call such predictions bull.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-16-2010 at 04:31 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't fathom winning. It's too unbelievable for Dirk to win a ring, here. My mind can't realistically wrap around that at this time unfortunately. It's like some dark cloud is hovering over this citys sports since the famous parade plans. Maybe next year when we get a little more help.

We are expected to get past an extremely tough western conference then beat the Cleveland Sterns and his precious LBJ. yeah right. That would be cause for a N.O. Saints like celebration around here! Imo, We could be looking at worst case scenario: OKC who to me is scarier than phx, DEN, L.A. then CAVS. That would be a supreme feat.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I can't fathom winning. It's too unbelievable for Dirk to win a ring, here. My mind can't realistically wrap around that at this time unfortunately. It's like some dark cloud is hovering over this citys sports since the famous parade plans. Maybe next year when we get a little more help.

We are expected to get past an extremely tough western conference then beat the Cleveland Sterns and his precious LBJ. yeah right. That would be cause for a N.O. Saints like celebration around here! Imo, We could be looking at worst case scenario: OKC who to me is scarier than phx, DEN, L.A. then CAVS. That would be a supreme feat.
OKC will be scary 2 years from now, right now, our experience will get us by them in a relatively short series 4-1. Once OKC learns the ropes of a playoff grind, they will be scary. Cle will be scary, we will get a well rested Lebron, he's learning bits from what Kobe and MJ have done, run the marathon. Plus with the ultimate playoff halfcourt player in Shaq.......very, very unfavorable matchup.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
OKC will be scary 2 years from now, right now, our experience will get us by them in a relatively short series 4-1. Once OKC learns the ropes of a playoff grind, they will be scary. Cle will be scary, we will get a well rested Lebron, he's learning bits from what Kobe and MJ have done, run the marathon. Plus with the ultimate playoff halfcourt player in Shaq.......very, very unfavorable matchup.
LOL Shaq is done. Even if he had some left, we got Dampier and Haywood who are great against traditional centers. And OKC is the worst first round matchup we could possibly get. I'll take the Spurs.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 03-16-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I remember somebody from ESPN picking the Mavs to meet the Bulls in the 2007 NBA Finals and we all know how that turned out, I like Tim Legler and I'm suprised he didn't pick the Lakers to win.

I have alot of faith in this team but alot and I mean alot of things have to happen for the Mavs to win the NBA Title, it's hard to beat the Cavs and the refs unless the Mavs play like the Magic did last season.

If our Mavs just happen to win the title that would shut alot of the haters up and make them forget about the Heat and Golden State beating the Mavs.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
LOL Shaq is done. Even if he had some left, we got Dampier and Haywood who are great against traditional centers. And OKC is the worst first round matchup we could possibly get. I'll take the Spurs.
True, I guess I still see the Shaq circa 2002.

I don't know, OKC has never been there, Kidd-Dirk, will get in the officials ears. Though I can see Westbrook being a difference maker against Kidd, but without a patented jump shot, Kidd should be able to handle him man to man.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
True, I guess I still see the Shaq circa 2002.

I don't know, OKC has never been there, Kidd-Dirk, will get in the officials ears. Though I can see Westbrook being a difference maker against Kidd, but without a patented jump shot, Kidd should be able to handle him man to man.

Westbrook runs circles around Kidd. He has done whatever he wants for the most part. We have flat out gotten beat by OKC and I do not like that matchup. I would rather have Phx, S.A., Portland and maybe even Utah. Idk, I get flashbacks of when we beat Utah out of nowhere a long time ago in the first round.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Westbrook runs circles around Kidd. He has done whatever he wants for the most part. We have flat out gotten beat by OKC and I do not like that matchup. I would rather have Phx, S.A., Portland and maybe even Utah. Idk, I get flashbacks of when we beat Utah out of nowhere a long time ago in the first round.
The Thunder are 1-2 against the Mavs and that one win was the first game after the trade. In those games, Westbrook is averaging 17 ppg on 41% shooting (right around his season numbers) and Durant is 22.3 ppg on 30% shooting (well below his average).

Last edited by aurelino9; 03-16-2010 at 09:23 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

This is funny. We spent the better part of a week railing on Hollinger for hating on the Mavs. Now Legler picks us to win it all and everybody's like "f**k him!"...I love this board.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #23
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
This is funny. We spent the better part of a week railing on Hollinger for hating on the Mavs. Now Legler picks us to win it all and everybody's like "f**k him!"...I love this board.
I've heard him be negative about the mavs many times. Surprised he actually changed his tune but am still bitter every time he made a reason the mavs weren't for real. Back then Greg Anthony was our supporter sort of.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 03-17-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #24
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
^ this
Old 03-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I remember somebody from ESPN picking the Mavs to meet the Bulls in the 2007 NBA Finals and we all know how that turned out, I like Tim Legler and I'm suprised he didn't pick the Lakers to win.

I have alot of faith in this team but alot and I mean alot of things have to happen for the Mavs to win the NBA Title, it's hard to beat the Cavs and the refs unless the Mavs play like the Magic did last season.

If our Mavs just happen to win the title that would shut alot of the haters up and make them forget about the Heat and Golden State beating the Mavs.
if that happened, i could finally die and rest in peace. I'd probably go get that honda CBR RR that i want, and then proceed to kill myself on the beltway. at least i'd die satisfied
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #26
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Many on this board are apparently born losers who see difficult odds and accept certain defeat without taking the risk of competing & incurring loss.

This mindstate is loathsome.
I would say the Dallas Mavericks this year have the 3rd best odds of winning the title. I'll take that.

Last edited by DULLAH; 03-17-2010 at 09:28 AM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #27
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
The Thunder are 1-2 against the Mavs and that one win was the first game after the trade. In those games, Westbrook is averaging 17 ppg on 41% shooting (right around his season numbers) and Durant is 22.3 ppg on 30% shooting (well below his average).
We got pretty lucky to win the 2nd game and won by 1 pt and the last game they took it to us. We may be up 1-2 but they have the upper hand because they won the last fight. They are confident against us and would have nothing to lose in a first round series.

Idk what you are trying to say about Westbrooks shooting % as far as my post goes. It has nothing to do with him getting anywhere he wanted to go with the ball for the most part.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #28
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
We got pretty lucky to win the 2nd game and won by 1 pt and the last game they took it to us. We may be up 1-2 but they have the upper hand because they won the last fight. They are confident against us and would have nothing to lose in a first round series.

Idk what you are trying to say about Westbrooks shooting % as far as my post goes. It has nothing to do with him getting anywhere he wanted to go with the ball for the most part.
You dismiss the 1-point win as lucky but what about the loss right after AS break? The new members of the team couldn't even practice once and were thrust in a 4-games-in-5-nights schedule. There's one more game left and that will be a better indicator of the strengths of the respective teams. My point was that Westbrook hasn't been killing the Mavs. His shooting % is actually below his season %.

This discussion is moot because OKC will most probably be 4/5 seed and we won't see them (unless they beat the Lakers in the next round).

Last edited by aurelino9; 03-17-2010 at 11:08 AM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
You dismiss the 1-point win as lucky but what about the loss right after AS break? The new members of the team couldn't even practice once and were thrust in a 4-games-in-5-nights schedule. There's one more game left and that will be a better indicator of the strengths of the respective teams. My point was that Westbrook hasn't been killing the Mavs. His shooting % is actually below his season %.

This discussion is moot because OKC will most probably be 4/5 seed and we won't see them (unless they beat the Lakers in the next round).

Are you saying it wasn't a lucky win?

We reeled off 13 in a row after that loss to OKC with no practice, starting the very next night.

I agree the last game is/will be the best indicator for a couple of reasons. We will see, but I think they should have some confidence from the last 2 games.

Westbrook may not have killed the Mavs in the scoring column but he is really quick and causes problems by beating his man off the dribble. The team hustles and that could be a problem for the long haul in the playoffs.

It may not be a moot conversation after all, who knows what could happen. Injuries happen all the time, there are various ways it could end up a 1st round matchup.

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-17-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #30
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your 4-game-in-5-nights point has no effect whatsoever. It was the first game of 4 in 5, right after the All Star game. Trust me, they were quite rested.

However, you can turn that around and have a decent point: The younger, athletic Thunder team was super energized from that extra time off, whereas we all know the Mavs are up there in age.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #31
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Tim Legler------smartest sports analyst in the world!!!!!1
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #32
basketman61

basketman61 will become famous soon enough

basketman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #33
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Tim Legler must not pay attention to the Mavericks all that much, because if he did he'd know the squad is as mentally weak/soft as they come. Go up on the Miami Heat and become one of the few teams in NBA playoff history to blow a 2-0 lead, become the first 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed, after winning 67 FUCKING games that season.

If we win the chip, i won't believe it until Dirk and Kidd are kissing the trophy and holding up peace signs while covered in confetti. Bad things have always happened to this team and we always lose in the most impossible ways. We're like the Buffalo Bills and the Minnesota Vikings, trying to find out what happened to all those missing rings.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #34
kchan

kchan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
Tim Legler must not pay attention to the Mavericks all that much, because if he did he'd know the squad is as mentally weak/soft as they come. Go up on the Miami Heat and become one of the few teams in NBA playoff history to blow a 2-0 lead, become the first 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed, after winning 67 FUCKING games that season.

If we win the chip, i won't believe it until Dirk and Kidd are kissing the trophy and holding up peace signs while covered in confetti. Bad things have always happened to this team and we always lose in the most impossible ways. We're like the Buffalo Bills and the Minnesota Vikings, trying to find out what happened to all those missing rings.
1.)The Miami Heat only won the finals coz they got the biggest X-factor in the game gunning for them: David Stern.

2.) Dallas was not the first 1st seed to lose to an 8th seed. In 1999, the 8th seeded New York Knicks and Ewing trashed the 1st seed Miami Heat-Mourning and went on to meet Timmy and the Admiral in the Finals.
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #35
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
1.)The Miami Heat only won the finals coz they got the biggest X-factor in the game gunning for them: David Stern.

2.) Dallas was not the first 1st seed to lose to an 8th seed. In 1999, the 8th seeded New York Knicks and Ewing trashed the 1st seed Miami Heat-Mourning and went on to meet Timmy and the Admiral in the Finals.
I never bought the whole blame David Stern argument for that debacle. The Mavs were up 2-0. 2-0. GOING HOME. Mavs got outplayed by Wade and the Heat. Wade got bailed out by going to the free throw line. Mavs settled for jumpers. Spurs won 5 championships. They bring no ratings. They don't bring much when it comes to popularity. So why on earth would Stern allow them to win a championship? Five times at that?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #36
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I never bought the whole blame David Stern argument for that debacle. The Mavs were up 2-0. 2-0. GOING HOME. Mavs got outplayed by Wade and the Heat. Wade got bailed out by going to the free throw line. Mavs settled for jumpers. Spurs won 5 championships. They bring no ratings. They don't bring much when it comes to popularity. So why on earth would Stern allow them to win a championship? Five times at that?
Gosh, even Spurs fans don't claim they have five rings.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 AM   #37
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Gosh, even Spurs fans don't claim they have five rings.
They actually have 4. My mistake.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #38
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

after recent play, i wouldnt even pick the mavs to get outta the 1st round!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #39
kchan

kchan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Ok since you dont buy that reason, how bout this: the way Avery handled that game and too little adjustments IMO in the physical way Miami began to play, he's as good to blame as anyone.

The David Stern thing just came out from the unfair treatment of the refs. There's a reason why D-Wade became D-Whistle in not just this board, but a lot of places except the Heat boards.

The Spurs? Well truth to say It always seemed to me that Stern hated Cuban for some particular reason. Its not the team, its Cuban. Stern doesnt have anything against the Spurs.
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #40
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

The Mavs weren't up 2-0 going home. They won the first two at home and then played the next three games in Miami.
Damn-when did the Spurs get that fifth ring? I follow them but never heard about this one.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote