Mavs win by 1-9 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 10+ 0 0%
Pop can't rock it like Nellie 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2021, 09:41 PM   #41
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

These last two losses vs under .500 teams is also further proof as to why this team needs to avoid the play in tournament.

That tournament is a disaster waiting to happen for Dallas

I wouldn't trust them.....
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2021, 09:41 PM   #42
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Most points we have given up since Portland way back mid march. Really missed Kleber's defense tonight.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #43
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Gotta get more than 13 points from 20 shots between our top 2 bench players.
That's why I'm so upset

It's always something with this team.

You can never rely on guys just being consistent for once. You'll get DFS and J.Rich play well one game and the next game you'll game THJ & Brunson but never any consistency amongst the unit.

THJ is liable to go 1/10 and then J.Rich will follow up by going 1/10

Can't win a playoff series with that type of inconsistency up and down your rotation.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #44
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
That's why I'm so upset

You can never rely on guys just being consistent for once. You'll get DFS and J.Rich play well one game and the next game you'll game THJ & Brunson but never any consistency amongst the unit.

Can't win a playoff series with that type of inconsistency up and down your rotation.
That’s the difference in good bench players , and 25-30mpg starters. Mavs have them as starters and they’re solid guys that will play above their head and come back to earth periodically
Old 04-11-2021, 10:10 PM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

What a disappointing game by us. Derozan was too much. No one could handle him, especially Luka. Speaking of Luka, his lazy ass turnover late was bad frustrating enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

The decision to not double Derozen was stupid. Especially with a few seconds. If he swings that ball, there isn't much time to get a great shot off. No one should have thought he wasn't going to take the last shot. I guess there's a real small chance that Rick actually did call for a double or trap on him but it sure didn't look like it. I like how Pop gets into his players ass when they make mistakes and I wish Rick did too. Big brother style vs dad style. Pop still has it.

Losses like this highlight the fact that we needed 2 way players and just didn't get one. Ypu never know when THJ or JRich is going to shit the bed. Maxi was needed tonight.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #46
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why I'm so upset

This team just isn't very good outside of Luka and KP. Midway through the 3rd the broadcast mentioned Luka had 5 assists and 4 of them were to KP. He ended up getting 2 more. Yet we all saw time and time again he got people wide open looks. We also had like 8 turnovers in the first 14mins of the game. We ended with 12 so it finally cooled down but how are you so sloppy against a team you should be beating handily? We lost the boards battle. We allowed 120 and over 50% fg% and nearly 40% 3pt% points to a team that ranks in the bottom 10 in fg%, 3pt%, and points scored. Outside of Luka and KP there really isn't a lot to be excited about. The Mavs have to be 100% full strength to even have a prayer of winning a series IMO. We can't be missing Kleber or DFS or KP or Luka or Brunson or THJ etc... And even then we have to catch lightning in a bottle or KP and Luka have to go super nova.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This team just isn't very good outside of Luka and KP. Midway through the 3rd the broadcast mentioned Luka had 5 assists and 4 of them were to KP. He ended up getting 2 more. Yet we all saw time and time again he got people wide open looks. We also had like 8 turnovers in the first 14mins of the game. We ended with 12 so it finally cooled down but how are you so sloppy against a team you should be beating handily? We lost the boards battle. We allowed 120 and over 50% fg% and nearly 40% 3pt% points to a team that ranks in the bottom 10 in fg%, 3pt%, and points scored. Outside of Luka and KP there really isn't a lot to be excited about. The Mavs have to be 100% full strength to even have a prayer of winning a series IMO. We can't be missing Kleber or DFS or KP or Luka or Brunson or THJ etc... And even then we have to catch lightning in a bottle or KP and Luka have to go super nova.
Winning a series is laughable. I love my home team but this roster was never going to do much more than last year. We all know that we need a miracle to win a series, and most of us know we probably won't even make it past a play in.

It's always a little darker after tough loss, but we just don't have the roster to succeed and I feel it after good wins too. Too inconsistent...you never know who is going to disappear. Anyone that believes we do is probably assuming we will LIVE by the 3 and not die by it.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:35 PM   #48
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Winning a series is laughable. I love my home team but this roster was never going to do much more than last year. We all know that we need a miracle to win a series, and most of us know we probably won't even make it past a play in.

It's always a little darker after tough loss, but we just don't have the roster to succeed and I feel it after good wins too. Too inconsistent...you never know who is going to disappear. Anyone that believes we do is probably assuming we will LIVE by the 3 and not die by it.
Yeah that would be me.

I bitch a lot but I keep feeling as if this team could win one series if they just get to that 6th seed.

I guess that's why I stay so frustrated with them because they keep doing the same crap over and over again.

IF I just learn to accept the fact that they are who they are I think I would be less moody after these types of repeated letdowns.

and of course Portland would be in danger of losing tonight but it won't matter because the Mavs laid another egg

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-11-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:43 PM   #49
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bigger issue for me is I don't know how we improve this roster in the off season with the assets we have. Unless there is a RFA situation that might not get matched we are probably talking about convincing ourselves that guys like Oubre and Holmes will change life for us.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:50 PM   #50
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Double post

Last edited by FreshJive; 04-11-2021 at 11:51 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:50 PM   #51
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Carlisle: "Just to clarify on the DeRozan last shot, we talked about the possibility of going, but we elected not to. We elected to let DoeDoe [Finney-Smith] guard him straight up. In hindsight, we obviously should have gone with that, and that’s on me. That’s my decision."

This is kind of annoying. They talked about it? You're the coach. Tell them what to do. Was this like Hoosiers? Rick tells them to double team. Everyone stands up looking disappointed, and then Doe Doe says, "I'll make it."
Old 04-12-2021, 12:24 AM   #52
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Meanwhile the rookie that the Mavs passed up on S.Bey goes for 25 points and knocks down 5 3's vs the Clippers

Imagine having a rookie two way wing who could've stepped right into this lineup and formed a future BIG 3 with Luka & KP.

Mavs really screwed this draft up

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-12-2021 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:48 AM   #53
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really niceFollowedKPtodallas is just really nice

Quote:
Bigger issue for me is I don't know how we improve this roster in the off season with the assets we have. Unless there is a RFA situation that might not get matched we are probably talking about convincing ourselves that guys like Oubre and Holmes will change life for us.
I dont want Oubre or a holmes for big $$$$. With the money KP is making and Lukas extension right the corner Dallas has 1 big move to make and they can't F it up....I dont know who that guy would be. I guess in a perfect world it would be a Bradley Beal. Lol. Not that we have the assets to get him.

There are 4 guys I really like on the whole team Luka, KP, Kleber, and Brunson (who has made a jump this year) the rest are replaceable. I like DFS but he can't cover the elite wings in this league on a consistent basis. We have seen it time and time again.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #54
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Yeah that would be me.

I bitch a lot but I keep feeling as if this team could win one series if they just get to that 6th seed.

I guess that's why I stay so frustrated with them because they keep doing the same crap over and over again.

IF I just learn to accept the fact that they are who they are I think I would be less moody after these types of repeated letdowns.

and of course Portland would be in danger of losing tonight but it won't matter because the Mavs laid another egg
Idk, I'm moody too after losses especially like this vs our in state rivalries in the midst of their struggles. That just comes with being a dedicated follower.

If they get in the POs then anything can happen I guess,, but you're better off with lower expectations because we just do not have a contending roster.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Rick Carlisle: "Just to clarify on the DeRozan last shot, we talked about the possibility of going, but we elected not to. We elected to let DoeDoe [Finney-Smith] guard him straight up. In hindsight, we obviously should have gone with that, and that’s on me. That’s my decision."

This is kind of annoying. They talked about it? You're the coach. Tell them what to do. Was this like Hoosiers? Rick tells them to double team. Everyone stands up looking disappointed, and then Doe Doe says, "I'll make it."
Amazing he needs hindsight to double.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:53 AM   #56
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

More often than not, these late game decisions end up as L's. It is what it is. Top 5 coach doncha know. :-/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:09 AM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
As if it's never happened to us or any other team before.

I appreciate the accountability, but it's not new.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:14 AM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are really good at underestimating lesser foes, particularly when they play them on the first night of a B2B with a better opponent second.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:39 AM   #59
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs are really good at underestimating lesser foes, particularly when they play them on the first night of a B2B with a better opponent second.
It can very well be a 3 game losing streak.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #60
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
That's a lot of confidence for a team that lost the season series to Houston one of the worst teams in the NBA.

You'd think the Mavs were a elite team to have that type of attitude.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #61
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

More of the same -- Mavs shooting themselves in the foot by losing winnable games. We took 42 threes to the Spurs 21. THJ was -17, J-Rich was -9.

The only bright spot was our free throw shooting.

In my opinion, the lack of an explosive roll man is KILLING us. We need a PnR partner for Luka. Again, I would do whatever it takes to get Lonzo Ball and John Collins on this team, including letting J-Rich and THJ walk.

Last edited by tap2390; 04-12-2021 at 11:29 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
More of the same -- Mavs shooting themselves in the foot by losing winnable games. We took 42 threes to the Spurs 21. THJ was -17, J-Rich was -9.

The only bright spot was our free throw shooting.

In my opinion, the lack of an explosive roll man is KILLING us. We need a PnR partner for Luka. Again, I would do whatever it takes to get Lonzo Ball and John Collins on this team, including letting J-Rich and THJ walk.
That would be great. BUT, tell me deep down you don't question that THJ might end up as our priority signing. Can't afford to let he and J Rich get away.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #63
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That would be great. BUT, tell me deep down you don't question that THJ might end up as our priority signing. Can't afford to let he and J Rich get away.
I love THJ because hes a competitor, but I hope they go after Demar.

Luka, Demar, KP could be a solid lineup.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #64
dricas24

dricas24 is a jewel in the roughdricas24 is a jewel in the roughdricas24 is a jewel in the roughdricas24 is a jewel in the roughdricas24 is a jewel in the rough

We saw it in the playoffs last year when we didn't decide Leonard many times and you saw what happened. At least Rick has taken some blame for this lost by not doubling Derozan which was long over due.
dricas24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:25 PM   #65
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I'm not getting my hopes up about anyone.

There's always a movement for guys who abuse us. Demar would be fine but I'm mostly worried that THJ and JRich will get raises.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #66
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default What's up with all the doom and gloom?

The Spurs just made a great shot at the end. Whether you double team or not could go both ways. If you double, he passes and the guy makes a shot, its a bad call on the coach. If the guy misses the shot, its a good call on the coach. It could have gone either way. I like how KP was crashing the boards. Luka had some lazy turnovers but it is expected, the guy can do anything and mentally he is susceptible to an off night. He needs a butt whipping in the playoffs to get him laser focused. The good thing is the Mavs don't look tired and they are healthy. I am happy to watch the Mavs playing again. Come on. Its the Spurs. They will always have a rivalry.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #67
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Redick upgraded to questionable for tonight
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #68
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
The Spurs just made a great shot at the end. Whether you double team or not could go both ways. If you double, he passes and the guy makes a shot, its a bad call on the coach. If the guy misses the shot, its a good call on the coach. It could have gone either way. I like how KP was crashing the boards. Luka had some lazy turnovers but it is expected, the guy can do anything and mentally he is susceptible to an off night. He needs a butt whipping in the playoffs to get him laser focused. The good thing is the Mavs don't look tired and they are healthy. I am happy to watch the Mavs playing again. Come on. Its the Spurs. They will always have a rivalry.
Yeah but when the guy goes for like 25 points in the 2nd half on you and you haven't stopped him the entire half you make him give up.

Tale your chances with someone else beating you on a rushed shot

That's the debate and that's what the media have questioned along with the announcers who called the game.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:48 PM   #69
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

I think we can all agree that Derozan is a huge upgrade over both THJ and J.Rich

IF they both had to leave in order to get DeRozan I don't think any Mavs fans would be unhappy
Old 04-12-2021, 05:26 PM   #70
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
It sounds like he knew that doubling was the right decision, and he let himself be talked out of it. That seems worse to me.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #71
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah but when the guy goes for like 25 points in the 2nd half on you and you haven't stopped him the entire half you make him give up.

Tale your chances with someone else beating you on a rushed shot

That's the debate and that's what the media have questioned along with the announcers who called the game.
I think they should have doubled. That's what I always think in that kind of situation.
But I also agree with Simon2 - they could have doubled and still lost, and that would have been questioned. "Resulting" is what fans and announcers do.

Also, there are other factors involved, bigger than the outcome of a single regular season game.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:43 PM   #72
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
It sounds like he knew that doubling was the right decision, and he let himself be talked out of it. That seems worse to me.
If Dorian said, "I can stop him, give me a chance" - do you think it would have been better for coach to say "no, sorry, I don't trust you, we need to double"?

(I have no idea if that is what happened, but I can imagine that it might have)

Last edited by Some Guy; 04-12-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Some Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:01 PM   #73
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
"Resulting" is what fans and announcers do.
Yes. Especially on this forum, and I don’t think that’s what Carlisle does. This is why I think he knew it was the wrong call to make at the time, rather than just going off of how it worked out. He let someone (Dorian?) change his mind, and by the “it’s on me” comment he seems to be saying he shouldn’t have. TMac posted a stat that DeRozan has the highest point per shot in isolations, so doubling is correct.

Last edited by FreshJive; 04-12-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #74
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
If Dorian said, "I can stop him, give me a chance" - do you think it would have been better for coach to say "no, sorry, I don't trust you, we need to double"?

(I have no idea if that is what happened, but I can imagine that it might have)
You don’t have to say, “I don’t trust you.” Plenty of other ways to say it.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:16 PM   #75
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure a single fan on here trust DFS to get a 1 on 1 stop vs any of the elite closers out west.

We've seen that time and time again that he's not a defensive stopper.

He's a really good team defender but not a 1 on 1 guy.

But this seems to happen often where RC leaves DFS on an island vs guys like Lillard and Paul down the stretch of games.

IMO even though he apologized at what point is RC going to give up on the hope that DFS can get stops in those situations when it repeatedly fails?

Some fans are looking at this as a one time situation vs DeRozan yesterday but if go back further and think about it DFS has been put in these situations over and over again with the same results.

When does the Head Coach say enough is enough we need to try something different?

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-12-2021 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:23 PM   #76
Some Guy

Quote:
No matter what he says, saying no is saying "I don't trust you". You can use different words, but the message is the same.

Or, thinking of it differently, saying "go for it" is saying "you can do it."
Old 04-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #77
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure a single fan on here trust DFS to get a 1 on 1 stop vs any of the elite closers out west.

We've seen that time and time again that he's not a defensive stopper.

He's a really good team defender but not a 1 on 1 guy.

But this seems to happen often where RC leaves DFS on an island vs guys like Lillard and Paul down the stretch of games.

IMO even though he apologized at what point is RC going to give up on the hope that DFS can get stops in those situations when it repeatedly fails?

Some fans are looking at this as a one time situation vs DeRozan yesterday but if go back further and think about it DFS has been put in these situations over and over again with the same results.

When does the Head Coach say enough is enough we need to try something different?
DFS is their best one on one defender, but he definitely needs help in situations like this. There really isn’t any player in the nba that does well on an island vs the best offensive players in the league. They are too good nowadays, and the rules give them too much of an advantage.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:36 PM   #78
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
No matter what he says, saying no is saying "I don't trust you". You can use different words, but the message is the same.

Or, thinking of it differently, saying "go for it" is saying "you can do it."
Carlisle has a degree in psychology, and years of experience talking to players. Im sure he knows how to tell a player no with tact. He can’t just make all his strategic decisions based on player’s whims.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:06 PM   #79
Some Guy

Quote:
Carlisle has a degree in psychology, and years of experience talking to players. Im sure he knows how to tell a player no with tact. He can’t just make all his strategic decisions based on player’s whims.
Rejection is rejection, no matter how tactful.

And I guess it just doesn't make sense to me that he would allow himself to be talked into a worse strategy unless he had some reason. But I don't know him - maybe he is weak and/or stupid.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:34 AM   #80
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Rejection is rejection, no matter how tactful.

And I guess it just doesn't make sense to me that he would allow himself to be talked into a worse strategy unless he had some reason. But I don't know him - maybe he is weak and/or stupid.
I am very pro player but the idea that DFS cant handle being told were gonna send another guy at Demar if he goes iso is a ridiculous notion.

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-13-2021 at 11:36 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk > any tag ever, harden still sucks, luka magic, magic fairy dust trades