Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2023, 04:36 PM   #1481
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Pinson with a triple double lol.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2023, 01:27 PM   #1482
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Problem is who do we put in to tank harder? Is Loy Vaught still alive?
Lol Loy Vaught. That?s a blast from the past.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:10 AM   #1483
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Mavs were playing well, especially defensively, before all the injuries. So, it isn't just that Kidd changed the defense. If you were to say he didn't adjust well after the trade, that is hard to argue against. Or...is it just that the players aren't capable? But, even if that is true, is it not still up to the coach to adjust to that?

I don't think adding McGee did anything with chemistry, at beginning of season he just couldn't play well. The end of the season version of him was a 180 though...if that is who we could get on a consistent basis, he's be worth keeping around.

Wood is hard to figure. Offensively, fine. Defensively and rebounding? Notsomuch. Will that change? Hard to say. He certainly COULD do a better job of rebounding...just has to want to. But there is a reason, as much as everyone criticizes him, that Powell became the starting center. He's better than any of the others. That's not a knock on Powell, that's a knock on the FO. Yes, Powell shouldn't be a starting center. But not because he's no good. He's a quality reserve. Stuck in a starting role because of the FO.

As for Luka's conditioning, he came into camp in good shape this year. Then, got worse, which is really hard during an NBA season. Something is definitely bothering him off the court.

Last edited by BigDog63; 04-12-2023 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added stuff
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:05 PM   #1484
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Mavs were playing well, especially defensively, before all the injuries. So, it isn't just that Kidd changed the defense. If you were to say he didn't adjust well after the trade, that is hard to argue against. Or...is it just that the players aren't capable? But, even if that is true, is it not still up to the coach to adjust to that?

I don't think adding McGee did anything with chemistry, at beginning of season he just couldn't play well. The end of the season version of him was a 180 though...if that is who we could get on a consistent basis, he's be worth keeping around.

Wood is hard to figure. Offensively, fine. Defensively and rebounding? Notsomuch. Will that change? Hard to say. He certainly COULD do a better job of rebounding...just has to want to. But there is a reason, as much as everyone criticizes him, that Powell became the starting center. He's better than any of the others. That's not a knock on Powell, that's a knock on the FO. Yes, Powell shouldn't be a starting center. But not because he's no good. He's a quality reserve. Stuck in a starting role because of the FO.

As for Luka's conditioning, he came into camp in good shape this year. Then, got worse, which is really hard during an NBA season. Something is definitely bothering him off the court.
I?m curious how Luka managed to gain so much weight during the season. I haven?t seen much posted on IG with him and his girlfriend. I wonder if something is up with that? Saw a photo this morning that he is back in Slovenia, but she wasn?t with him. It?s really none of our business what?s going on in his personal life, but it seems like something is going on.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:37 PM   #1485
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I?m curious how Luka managed to gain so much weight during the season. I haven?t seen much posted on IG with him and his girlfriend. I wonder if something is up with that? Saw a photo this morning that he is back in Slovenia, but she wasn?t with him. It?s really none of our business what?s going on in his personal life, but it seems like something is going on.
1) Beer. Alcohol is an absolute killer for weightgain. The body goes crazy trying to break down alcohol and shuts down the processing of carbs which means the calories aren't processed until much later when the alcohol is all gone-- often when people are sleeping, which means all the calories turn to fat. Even if he's eating well and exercising, the beer looks like the culprit.

2) Something big is happening behind the scenes which is why Luka is upset. People are saying that he's complained about the Mavs and there is reason to believe he's not thrilled (who is?), but if you look at his actual comments, it's clear that he was talking about his own personal life. A breakup with his girl? Maybe. We know he had legal drama with his own family. There are things behind the scenes that have impacted his ability to perform.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-12-2023 at 01:52 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 02:02 PM   #1486
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) Beer. Alcohol is an absolute killer for weightgain. The body goes crazy trying to break down alcohol and shuts down the processing of carbs which means the calories aren't processed until much later when the alcohol is all gone-- often when people are sleeping, which means all the calories turn to fat. Even if he's eating well and exercising, the beer looks like the culprit.

2) Something big is happening behind the scenes which is why Luka is upset. People are saying that he's complained about the Mavs and there is reason to believe he's not thrilled (who is?), but if you look at his actual comments, it's clear that he was talking about his own personal life. A breakup with his girl? Maybe. We know he had legal drama with his own family. There are things behind the scenes that have impacted his ability to perform.
"People" who might that be?

Also, as you both point out, it's fairly evident there's something there with the GF as they both used to post a lot with each other. Speculation? Sure, but the social stuff is all we have to go with.

Then the bigger one that I think is most important is the fact he's having to sue his own mom for his name rights. Something cleanly glossed over with plenty of other distractions this season. That shit would wreck me, and we know how close he was with his mom from draft night.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 05:17 PM   #1487
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
"People" who might that be?

Also, as you both point out, it's fairly evident there's something there with the GF as they both used to post a lot with each other. Speculation? Sure, but the social stuff is all we have to go with.

Then the bigger one that I think is most important is the fact he's having to sue his own mom for his name rights. Something cleanly glossed over with plenty of other distractions this season. That shit would wreck me, and we know how close he was with his mom from draft night.
I don't remember who but Luka made a comment that he should have been more focused, but that he's been "unhappy" and some posters here were like "Yeah Mavs suck and he's leaving for sure" when the remarks he made were pretty clearly talking about his personal life.

I totally agree with you overall. Breakups are traumatic and I can't even think of how hard it would be if I was playing thousands of miles from home and the family that connected me to home were awful and needed to be sued. Family legal issues are UGLY.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 05:28 PM   #1488
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Remember Crystal Taylor?

I'm sure Luka will be fine. Being a famous superstar is a lot harder than people think.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 11:51 PM   #1489
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

For what it's worth, saw pics earlier from him landing in Slovenia. His gf was with him and their two dogs and that's about as deep as I go on paparazzi lol
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 07:52 AM   #1490
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Luka is depressed with suing his mom, AND he knew that teams limitations. That's probably enough for him to be temporarily unhappy. Winning and success goes a long way.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 07:53 AM   #1491
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Remember Crystal Taylor?

I'm sure Luka will be fine. Being a famous superstar is a lot harder than people think.
Haha. Yikes. That was at a bad time too. Those fugly pics the opposing fans would hold up when Dirk was at the free throw line.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote