Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-21-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh man, Jordan scoring 40+, that feels great!!!
But the wizs still lost behind his 41 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds, that sucks!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2001, 10:30 AM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Jordan better get used to how it was in the 80's when he would score but his team never would do anything.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 12:53 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

that's fine with me..if jordan puts up great numbers and the team loses... i just want to see him play again
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 01:15 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Personnally not a fan of the return of Jordan but money and a big ego can and will drive you to do just about anything. So I guess I can't blame him.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #5
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

That's it Murph! The most important thing is Dirk may match up with him this year, if MJ isn't too afraid of this big white guy!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I watched that game, I'd have to say if that was a regular season game, the Wizards probably win. When Jordan was on the floor the team was just better. When he sat down, they kept losing the lead and if he got ANY HELP in the end, they could have pulled it out. Hamilton didn't play so who knows. I see with him that team will be competitive for sure, but I don't know how many games they can win.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:55 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im with Rob, Im not thrilled with his return like others are either...Yes, it's his decision, I know all that garbage.

But, I don't see him helping the Wiz win that many more games unless he gets some help. Has anyone really shown that they can help him out? I know it's preseason and maybe there still tinkering.

I mean, they lost to the Sixers tonight without McKie and Iverson in there. Does that sound good to you?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:38 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

ya know, it's preseason..it doesn't really matter who loses to who..you really can't judge a team based on that.

and i'll tell you the truth about the jordan situation...so many more people are looking forward to jordan being back, you are vastly in the minority.
Jordan instantly becomes by far the most popular player in the NBA and maybe the most popular sports figure in the world as soon as he steps back on the court.
he was, is and always will be a great thing for the NBA.
i'm sorry that some of you can't see that, but the NBA needs Jordan. Several people that I know that had completely sworn off the NBA are now interested again. Why did they stop watching the NBA?..because they didn't like the thugs, and the attitudes..a guy slams it and celebrates even though his team is down 20...that's what drove alot of people away.
Guess what, Jordan's back, and so are alot of fans. Just wait for the numbers to come in, ..the NBA games with Jordan playing will get far better ratings than those without jordan. they will get far better ratings than the nba games last year. the best thing for the nba would be for the wizards to be in the playoffs, and guess what..it will probably happen
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 10:20 AM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Jordan play this year is going to be like watching a beautiful car wreck. Imagine watching the most expensive car in the world flip over and over again in slow motion before smashing into a building. That is a fair approximation of what Jordan's return is going to be like... (watching him play with Popeye and Laettner is also a bonus)
Old 10-24-2001, 11:56 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I don't remember saying Jordan wasn't the greatest player to step onto the court ever. In fact, I don't ever remember saying he wouldn't help in the ratings department either.

I just said he isn't going anywhere with the Wizards if he doesn't get some help around him. So what if he proves he can fill seats and score 40 or 50 plus points in some games. Who cares if he can still lead the league in scoring, make the all-star team and all-nba if the Wizards don't even make the playoffs? I mean is this about the Wizards or Jordan?