Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-23-2001, 12:39 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure if I like this trade. Who does it help most?

Nuggets acquire Williams in three-team trade

October 23, 2001

DENVER (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets acquired Scott Williams and a future first-round draft choice from Milwaukee in a three-team trade with Houston on Monday night.

The Nuggets sent center Aleksandar Radojevic and Kevin Willis to Milwaukee. Willis was then traded to Houston in exchange for the Rockets' second-round draft pick in 2002.

The Bucks had exercised a $4.65 million, one-year option on Williams in June. The 6-foot-10 Williams averaged 6.1 points and 5.5 rebounds in 66 games last season, his second with Milwaukee.

Williams scored 11 points in the Bucks' 107-100 win over Denver on Monday night.

The Nuggets acquired Willis and Radojevic from Toronto on Jan. 12. Willis averaged 9.6 points and 7.2 rebounds in 43 games with Denver.

Radojevic sat out last season after back surgery. The 7-foot-3 center was selected in the first round of the 1999 draft by Raptors.

Old 10-23-2001, 01:11 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Uhm how exactly does this help the Bucks? As for the Rockets, I knew they'd pull something like this. EVERY year it seems they're able to acquire more talent and plug holes without giving up a damn thing. Willis for a second-rounder is a hell of a steal (I'm a big fan of Willis' so I might be a bit biased, though I doubt it).
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 07:13 AM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

What were the Bucks thinking? They gave away a first rounder and Williams for Radojevic and a second rounder. Strange.
Unfortunately a great deal for the Rockets.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< As for the Rockets, I knew they'd pull something like this. EVERY year it seems they're able to acquire more talent and plug holes without giving up a damn thing. >>

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 12:57 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It was my understanding that the key to the trade was Milwaukee gaining salary to go after Mason.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 02:33 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

exactly, mffl... they are going after mason and if that happens, they are the most dominant team in the east.

forget the magic.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:43 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...MFFL is right. I didn't even think about it when I did my post. The Bucks are close to signing Mason according to reports.

I don't understand Denver's position in this though. I'd rather have Willis instead of Williams. Of course, they got a first rounder out of it too.

I understand DJ, Houston plugged a hole without giving anything up.
Old 10-24-2001, 04:23 AM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Yep forgot about Mason too. If they just made room and do sign him, it´s a good deal of course...
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote