Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb If we are going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade...

What about Vince Carter for JET and Stack...Stack get's bought out and returns to the Mavs...So ultimately it is VC for JET.

What do you think?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
What about Vince Carter for JET and Stack...Stack get's bought out and returns to the Mavs...So ultimately it is VC for JET.

What do you think?
I don't think I like VC's injury history, or his history for lack of playing defense.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:

What do you think?
I think New Jersey would laugh.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
I think New Jersey would laugh.
Probably...Just as the Dallas area should laugh at J-Kidd for Devin...but the train rolls on.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:

What do you think?
Great idea! Let trade someone who only plays when he feels like it and demands a trade when his team sucks for someone who never complains and is a clutch team player...

Wait... I think I am missing something here...
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice

the west is getting tougher and I am tired of the bullsh-t line "we like our team"... the lakers are on the suns level right now, not sure if they are spurs yet though.
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a FYI, if I am not mistaken, you can't trade a player, and then get him back the same year. I think they closed that loophole.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 02-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Vince Carter!? Thats not exactly the big trading move I had in mind...

I am also tired of the Mavericks just sitting around while the competition gets better, we need to make something happen! I just hope to god VC isn't that something (thats a step in the wrong direction).

Artest anyone?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Just a FYI, if I am not mistaken, you can't trade a player, and then get him back the same year. I think they closed that loophole.
The original team can't resign the player for 30 days per Marc Stein

Last edited by MFFL; 02-01-2008 at 08:37 PM.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Artest really interests me. Him and Howard would make a damn tough set of guys to deal with on the court.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylive321
the west is getting tougher and I am tired of the bullsh-t line "we like our team"... the lakers are on the suns level right now, not sure if they are spurs yet though.
You can't read anything into that quote. "We like our team" could just be a smoke screen for "we want to trade but don't want to lose leverage by looking desperate", or it could mean "we want to trade but don't want our players to be looking over their shoulders". Or, maybe it actually means "we like our team". There's no way to know for sure.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
You can't read anything into that quote. "We like our team" could just be a smoke screen for "we want to trade but don't want to lose leverage by looking desperate", or it could mean "we want to trade but don't want our players to be looking over their shoulders". Or, maybe it actually means "we like our team". There's no way to know for sure.
Agreed.

The only things to take seriously are actual trade reports and Feb 21.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I want a big move to happen for us, but it better be damn worth what we put in and it should not include Harris, Howard, Dirk... at all.

I cant believe that bullshit Gasol trade happened.... we could have offered more and still had our starting line up in tact. Damn.

Last edited by Robillion; 02-01-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I am still waiting on Jermaine Oneil, or Shaq, or Magette, or AK47, or Boozer, or Brand, any of which I think would help the Mavericks more than Kidd.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #15
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

^ True that.. add Miller from the Griz and Artest on that list as well.

To me I would like to see Magette here for than anyone I think. Or Miller if we traded away Terry. .... just worked out something on Real GM, hehe... Since some ailing teams have gone looney lately.. Let's present this deal. Make it happen Donnie.
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=4461689

or if Im going to send a bunch of guys.. and it be farely fare... how about this?
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=4461748

haha, RealGM trading is fun.

Last edited by Robillion; 02-02-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #16
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Lets get Sam Cassell, he would help Devin's growth tremendously and he will motivate the whole team. Also you can count on him for big shots in the playoffs
Old 02-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #17
Robillion
Golden Member

^ sure if they will throw in Maggette as well.