Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-25-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default OU Assistant Jimmy Tubbs to be named SMU Basketball Coach

Quite a gamble. Former SMU assistant. Former Kimball HS head coach. Terrific recruiter.

Should be up on the DMN website soon.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: OU Assistant Jimmy Tubbs to be named SMU Basketball Coach

Good hire. His recruiting prowess is well documented, but I think people are underrating him as a bench coach. I played against his teams a couple of times in high school and they lived to play defense. If they weren't pressing the hell out of you then his point guard was pressuring the ball from end line to end line. Offensively they liked to run, and they were disciplined in their half court sets.

If he has a weakness it'll probably fundraising and glad-handing alumni. That being said, it’s good to see SMU go out on a limb as opposed to making the "safe" hire. I just hope that he really impressed Turner and Copeland in the interview process. I would hate to think that part of the reason for the choice is that they don't think he'll pressure them into upgrading the facilities the way some of the more high profile candidates would have.

What happened to Dickey? Were they not willing to wait until OSU’s season ended? As far as recruiting Dallas, he pulled in Jason Sasser, Tony Battie and Andre Emmit. Not bad. Seems to me it would have been worth the wait to at least talk to him. Oh well, congratulations to coach Tubbs.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:OU Assistant Jimmy Tubbs to be named SMU Basketball Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

What happened to Dickey? Were they not willing to wait until OSU’s season ended? As far as recruiting Dallas, he pulled in Jason Sasser, Tony Battie and Andre Emmit. Not bad. Seems to me it would have been worth the wait to at least talk to him. Oh well, congratulations to coach Tubbs.
Well, Tubbs pulled Jeryl Sasser away from Dickey. I think the letter from all the Dallas HS coaches sealed the deal.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote