Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
chanaw25

chanaw25 will become famous soon enough
Default What does boston need to do now?

Right now if Boston does finish this Garnett deal there team will look something Like this (If Pruitt and Davis are signed)

C Kendrick Perkins
Pf Garnett, Scalabrine, Glen Davis
Sf Pierce, Brandon Wallace
Sg Ray Allen, Tony Allen
Pg Rajon Rondo, Gabe Pruitt

With this who can the celtics go after to round out there line up to keep from being to thin a team with too much in exeprienced back up. People have listed Brevin Knight at guard is Rondo was part of the Garnett deal but should they still try to get him now. Boston doesnt have much tradable assets anymore so anybody coming in will have to be signed. Im not sure about any of bostons finances to sign players or what these free agents are asking but this is my list of guys who i think would play for cheap and could help out.

for guards
-Brevin Knight
-Earl Boykins (Can find ways to score for himself but wouldnt need to with the triple threat the celtics will be packing. He can distribute well and that will become a big asset if the celtics are able to get him.)
-Eddie House ( Doesn't look like he will be resigned by the Nets and will probably be on the cheap end. he isnt nor will ever be an allstar but he will be decent)
-Troy Bell (plays in the D-league for the Toros used to play at BC and was a big deal in boston could probably build a career there as Rondos back up.)

for Centers
- Calvin Booth ( Good for a couple minutes and give you some garbage points as well as a good amount of rebounds.)
- Scot Pollard (Used to be decent in indiana but hasn't found much in Cleveland so i don't see him resigning there and with the lack of centers in Boston they could be a good fit.)
- Kevin Willis (He's old.. i mean experienced. but honestly he wont be able to help much more than a few minutes a few rebounds but itll give the C's what they need the most, another body.)
- Dikembe Mutumbo ( Again Old, but still a good center.)
not alot of good centers out there to pick from free agency that i think will not ask for an arm and a leg.
chanaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote