Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #1081
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
just kidding dtwn. allrigth...thats it for me folks, its getting harder and harder to type, therefore it must be time for me to get some rest
Good God. It's one o'clock in the friggin morning.

I'm outta here too.

Quote:
We Will Prevail. Bank it bitches.
WE WILL PREVAIL!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #1082
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Chum, I don't believe that Fin "turned his back on his teammates" but I think Dirk's comments do have quite a bit to do with the booing. And no, I don't think he was kidding about that any more than he was kidding when he called Charles Barkley a moron.

Seems to me before this happened he was cheered for whenever he entered the game. It's a small sample, but what else do we have to go by?

Before Dirk made the comments, the first time we played them at the AAC in November, he received a very long, very sincere standing ovation. The second game, which I attended, the applause were shorter and much more humble, but they were still there; he certainly wasn't booed.

I'm sick of all these fucking 2003 fans chastizing the rest of the fans for booing him. What the hell do you expect? He played for us, now he doesn't; players are almost always jeered by their former team's fans. And he plays for our most hated rivals. AND now Jason Terry, a crowd favorite, was suspended because of an altercation that took place between him and Finley. Also, as soon as he was released he made several comments which hinted that he resented the Mavericks for it. Oh yeah, AND our franchise player, MVP canidate, said publicly that it's time to start booing him.

Seriously, what the hell do you expect the CURRENT Mavs fans to do? Cheer him? Pretend like he's any other Spurs player? Get a grip. It's part of the frickin game. Don't act like we're some kind of disloyal jackles because we don't treasure former franchise greats, when they play for teams that we hate. Especially when Dirk Nowitzki tells us not too.
That is a very fair and very well-spoken argument, Spiral. But consider this: If the Pacers had amnestized Miller and he had gone to the Nets, would the Pacers fans have booed him?

If so, then you are surely right. But I like to think that there are fans who have memories. I like to think that there are fans who form a certain sort of relationship with the player.

I happen to think that Dallas fans are beyond classless, and that it comes directly from the top.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:08 AM   #1083
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I expect Mav fans to throw some of those boos to Ginobilli, Parker and Duncan. Unless we enjoy watching them kill us.
You don't think they were booed? They most certainly were. But c'mon, you can't boo every Spurs player when they have the ball. That would not only wear one's voice out, but would prevent you from chanting "Defense!"
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #1084
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
That is a very fair and very well-spoken argument, Spiral. But consider this: If the Pacers had amnestized Miller and he had gone to the Nets, would the Pacers fans have booed him?

If so, then you are surely right. But I like to think that there are fans who have memories. I like to think that there are fans who form a certain sort of relationship with the player.
First of all, Michael Finley is not a first-ballot hall of famer. Second, if the bad blood between the Nets and the Pacers was anywhere NEAR as prevalent as the current Mavs/Spurs one is, then yes, I think Pacers fans just might boo him. That is if Miller was about 2/3's of the player he was in actuality, and the most success the Pacers had ever enjoyed was one trip to the Eastern Conference finals, and Jermaine O'Neal told them to.

It's not a valid comparison, chum. Kings/Lakers, or Pistons/Bulls would be a better comparison. If Joe Dumars had been released and went to the Bulls at the height of those team's hatred for eachother, would you call Pistons fans classless (well, okay, more classless than you thought they were) for booing him if Isiah Thomas told them too? Would you call Kings fans classless if they booed Mike Bibby in a Laker uniform during the WCF, after Chris Webber had told them to?

Quote:
I happen to think that Dallas fans are beyond classless, and that it comes directly from the top.
Well, chum, calling Mark Cuban classless is fine, but to say that Dallas fans are any fucking different, that is to say, have less class than other NBA fans, then you, and all the others chastizing the rest of us for doing what Dirk Nowitzki, someone who means twice as much to this franchise as Michael Finley EVER meant, tells us to, are not only wrong, you're self-richeous pricks.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-20-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:21 AM   #1085
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
You don't think they were booed? They most certainly were. But c'mon, you can't boo every Spurs player when they have the ball. That would not only wear one's voice out, but would prevent you from chanting "Defense!"

Not the whole team. Just the ones kicking our ass. And from the television I didn't hear the boo's yet I heard the boo's to Fin.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:25 AM   #1086
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Son, I already told you, we're too busy chanting "DE-FENSE!" We can't boo all three guys every time they touch the ball.

Dirk said Fin, so we boo fin.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:27 AM   #1087
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Until Michael Finley starts caring about how MY team is doing and how I'm doing as a Mavericks fan, I could give a moonwalking fcuk about how well he or his team is doing. As long as he plays against MY team, I wish him all the failure in the world.

Whatmore, there is a crappy stink to some Mavericks fans right now.

When Dallas wins, they stay relatively quiet but warn/hope of future doom all the while belittling the current opponent as slow, unworthy and old.

When Dallas falls, at not full strength, to the very same opponent, Dallas is suddenly unclutch, coached by a scrub of a coach, outclassed and destined to fail.

This sounds like garbage from Kenny's mouth. The Spurs played a great game today. We played great the other games. These are two 60 win teams duking it out for basketball life. This is really anybody's series.

And it ain't over. Until it is, Michael Finley and all his fans can buy each other rounds of STFU beer.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:32 AM   #1088
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Until Michael Finley starts caring about how MY team is doing and how I'm doing as a Mavericks fan, I could give a moonwalking fcuk about how well he or his team is doing. As long as he plays against MY team, I wish him all the failure in the world.

When Dallas wins, they stay relatively quiet but warn/hope of future doom all the while belittling the current opponent as slow, unworthy and old.

When Dallas falls, at not full strength, to the very same opponent, Dallas is suddenly unclutch, coached by a scrub of a coach, outclassed and destined to fail.

This sounds like garbage from Kenny's mouth. The Spurs played a great game today. We played great the other games. These are two 60 win teams duking it out for basketball life. This is really anybody's series.

And it ain't over. Until it is, Michael Finley and all his fans can buy each other rounds of STFU beer.
As some members around the board have taken to saying... "Co-sign."
Old 05-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #1089
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i hope they win.

whoever called AJ a scrub is a dumbass.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #1090
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I really hope that gay cosign thing doesn't catch on. Ugh.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #1091
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First of all, Michael Finley is not a first-ballot hall of famer. Second, if the bad blood between the Nets and the Pacers was anywhere NEAR as prevalent as the current Mavs/Spurs one is, then yes, I think Pacers fans just might boo him. That is if Miller was about 2/3's of the player he was in actuality, and the most success the Pacers had ever enjoyed was one trip to the Eastern Conference finals, and Jermaine O'Neal told them to.
You might be right, Spiral. But I give the Pacers fans more credit than that. (And of course, also the Pacers management, not to release a franchise stalwart to sign with a dreaded foe and kick their ass).

As I said, you might be right. But I doubt it.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-20-2006 at 08:20 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:57 AM   #1092
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The last thing you should've done was let your displeasure be known by the term "co-sign". It will forever be used from here on out and it will be used more than LOL and STFU. I guarantee.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:59 AM   #1093
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
The last thing you should've done was let your displeasure be known by the term "co-sign". It will forever be used from here on out and it will be used more than LOL and STFU. I guarantee.
is that gauaransheed?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:59 AM   #1094
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You might be right, Spiral. But I give the Pacers fans more credit than that. (And of course, also the Pacers management, not to release a franchise stalwart to sign with a dreaded foe and kick their ass).
Even if he made bitchy comments about it afterwards, despite still being paid in full, and if their star player told them to? I'm sorry chum, but I don't give the Pacer fans, or any other fans in the NBA for that matter "more credit than that."

As for the management, perhaps you're right, but we'll never know will we. The Pacers were never in a situation even remotely similar to the Mavs. If they were in the assload of financial trouble the Mavs were (still are), and if their franchise player weren't already locked up for the next 5 years or so, I wouldn't put it past them.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-20-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:07 AM   #1095
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

co-sign.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #1096
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
co-sign.
oh no...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote