Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD: 2008 NBA PLAYOFFS! GAME 1 - DALLAS @ NEW ORLEANS!

Dallas @ New Orleans

Game 1 - 7:00 PM ET on ESPN

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

GO MAVS....

I Expect huge games from Jet and Dirk...and Kidd will do what he always does

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas 101
NO 97

Tough win to steal home court...
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Yoda says steal home court the Mavs will.

Let's get it on!
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

the line is dallas by +4.5, total of 193 combined points. i'll take the mavs to cover, and an under on the line.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies and Gentlemen, if I may have a moment of your time.

Eighty Two games ago, we gathered at this very board to celebrate the opening game of the 2007-2008 Dallas Mavericks. We cheered, we screamed, we loved our team. Somehow all of us, whether we realized it or not, sensed that this was the year.

We didn't know we would be seeing our MVP accomplish his first triple double.

We didn't know we would witness the loss of two young wonderful NBA Players, but gain one aging magnificent one.

We didn't know we would go on to experience that same aging player reach the 100th triple double of the year.

We didn't know we would turn in droves against our coach, even it rightfully so.

But we knew. We knew would be gathered again. 82 games later, for this night. We knew that this would the beginning of our championship. We knew we would win.

We still know, however, that it is not an easy road that leads in front of us. These are hard times in the Western Conference and we will have to fight for every single basket. No one will be handing us this title.

This is what we've cheered for. This is what we've cried for. This is what I've saved my 1000th post for. This is what Sike came out of the closet for. This is what Caseman came back from the grave for. This is what Dr. Bio went to grad school for.

I welcome you to this, the 2007-2008 NBA Playoffs First Official Game Day Thread.
Whether you be bandwagon fan, or MFFL, you are welcome.

We must be ready for war.

Now, I leave you with a quote by "Humble" Billy Hayes.

"HOW! BOUT! THOSE! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVS!!!!!!!"

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 04-19-2008 at 12:25 AM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I won't be too worried if we lose, but will be ecstatic if we win.

The formula for the MAVS IMO is rather obvious and simple, we need good games out of Dirk, JHO, Jet, and Kidd :P

I think this team, THIS year's team, has the TALENT to win it all THIS year.

7th place yes... but only 6 games out of first... the difference between 1st and 3rd was 9 games last year... and 1st and 7th? 25.

But we have to keep in mind how skewed the Mavs' record is in my opinion. Does anyone think we're truly a 51-31 team? I believe it was influenced by Avery's experimentations, injuries, initial chemistry issues with Kidd, and inconsistency. With exception a few games, the last 2 weeks of the season should be a sign of optimism as Jho, Terry, Kidd, and Dirk collectively played really well, and it was reflected in the Mavs 6-3 record... which btw I still think is skewed due to Avery's bizarre rotations against Seattle and Portland (+ Jho was out against Portland)

Inconsistency?

dirk struggled before the all star break, JHO came hot out of the gate but his numbers dipped before and after the all star break, J Kidd struggled initially, and Terry has been hot/cold all year.

And that's why I think the formula for the Mavs is THAT simple.... a good game out of Kidd, Terry, Dirk, and JHo = win... we have the talent AND potential to win this series AND a championship... will that talent be realized? we will have to wait and see.

As for Avery's experimentation, I doubt the rotation will be as puzzling in the playoffs as it was all throughout the regular season. So help me God if we see JuHo...

GO MAVERICKS!

EDIT: let's not disregard teh fact that Bass only played 12 seconds against LA and stackhouse is finally back, who I think is very serviceable when coming off the bench.

If Avery just exhibits some wisdom with regard to how he manages the game, how he makes adjustments, and how the rotations are, I have confidence that our boys can do it!!

Last edited by ghazi; 04-19-2008 at 12:31 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Playoffs 2008
"where records are thrown out the window happens"

The question we are all asking ourselves is: Can these Dallas Mavericks come through after their risky gamble at the trade deadline to help them hoist the trophy in 2008?

We all know the Detroit Pistons did it with Rasheed Wallace in 2004.

Also, the Houston Rockets did it with Clyde Drexler in 1995.
Do you guys know that Houston was 17-18 after that move to acquire "the glide"? They finished the year with a 47-35 record, good for 6th in the Western Conference.
They needed to go the distance in round 1 against the Jazz and in round 2 against the Suns to advance.
And, of course the rest is history;
1. Hakeem's embarassment of the NBA's MVP, David Robinson (Kobe Bryant this year), in the Western Conference Finals.
2. Then the sweeping of Shaq and the Magic due to Nick Anderson's monumental meltdown (speaking of which, is this choker still around?).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I could care less about 8 50-win seasons in a row from our beloved Mavs, if it doesn't equate to a championship banner being raised in the AAC.
Don't get me wrong, that is a lot of games won and I'm thankful for them. But in 20 years, I'm not going to remember those wins--I would only remember one thing and one thing only.

This could be Dallas's arena sports year.
1. Mavericks
2. Stars
3. Desperados

Make it happen.

Go Mavs.

Mavs Fan For Life.

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 12:27 AM   #9
alby
Guru

On a lighter note, I hope the recent struggles of the Dallas Mavericks during the last few weeks shook off some of the bandwagon fans; so that this once upon a time wonderful message board can return to her glorious past of great discussion and meaningful banter.

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #10
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

DMD gives me hope!

It hasn't been the easiest regular season in a while. We've laid eggs. We changed our benches (player and coach). We've shuffled our starting lineups (and our sixth men). We made a big trade. After lots of big trade blubbub. And it cost big bublub and Mark had to spend big blublub. We saw people turning on Avery. We went through ugly streaks. We lost home court. We endured consistent negativity and criticism.

BUT I ALWAYS BELIEVED!!!!!!

And we fans saw a real Big Three in Big D again! We also saw the real Dirk stand up! We were rewarded with a team coming together and responding to nay-sayers!

But tonight, a new journey begins.................... an adventure that will occupy pieces of our life in the next few weeks(?!)..... yet another tale we will discuss over and over...

I am ready for anything.

VIVA LOS MAVERICKS!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:40 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure most people have seen this, but I think it's required viewing before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v4_rzwk52A

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-19-2008 at 12:48 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:40 AM   #12
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

hello albus.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Ladies and Gentlemen, if I may have a moment of your time.

Eighty Two games ago, we gathered at this very board to celebrate the opening game of the 2007-2008 Dallas Mavericks. We cheered, we screamed, we loved our team. Somehow all of us, whether we realized it or not, sensed that this was the year.

We didn't know we would be seeing our MVP accomplish his first triple double.

We didn't know we would witness the loss of two young wonderful NBA Players, but gain one aging magnificent one.

We didn't know we would go on to experience that same aging player reach the 100th triple double of the year.

We didn't know we would turn in droves against our coach, even it rightfully so.

But we knew. We knew would be gathered again. 82 games later, for this night. We knew that this would the beginning of our championship. We knew we would win.

We still know, however, that it is not an easy road that leads in front of us. These are hard times in the Western Conference and we will have to fight for every single basket. No one will be handing us this title.

This is what we've cheered for. This is what we've cried for. This is what I've saved my 1000th post for. This is what Sike came out of the closet for. This is what Caseman came back from the grave for. This is what Dr. Bio went to grad school for.

I welcome you to this, the 2007-2008 NBA Playoffs First Official Game Day Thread.
Whether you be bandwagon fan, or MFFL, you are welcome.

We must be ready for war.

Now, I leave you with a quote by "Humble" Billy Hayes.

"HOW! BOUT! THOSE! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVS!!!!!!!"
Now THAT is a 1000th post brotha'. GO mavs!!!

Mavs harass, harangue, harness and give the hornets a hasty retreat from the playoffs. Mavs 110-99...And the whupping begins.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #14
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
hello albus.
hello sir. let's go mavs

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I'm sure most people have seen this, but I think it's required viewing before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v4_rzwk52A
Whole thing, higher quality:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v36291685SfHFmz

Edit: At least I thought it was higher quality. I hate Veoh so much.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-19-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 AM   #16
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Mavs 97
Hornets 91
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

Huh, that's right. I posted a high quality version of that a while back from that site I think. I'll have to find it.

Edit: Actually I posted this: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6291986mrp6REfn

Also pretty good viewing before the game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-19-2008 at 12:52 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Huh, that's right. I posted a high quality version of that a while back from that site I think. I'll have to find it.
Stage6 was so much better when it existed. It only hosted DivX files through DivX Web Player, and didn't use any intermediate VeohTV crap. It could preserve full quality easily.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #19
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

What a grand return for alby.

With alby's return I predict Mavs go 4-0 vs NO.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #20
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Can't wait. Dirk's hair, JET and Kidd are peaking at the right time, but this won't be easy. It'd be so sweet to get the first one though.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #21
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
What a grand return for alby.

With alby's return I predict Mavs go 4-0 vs NO.
if we win game 1
it'll be 4-1

we gotta give our fans at least a little drama ^_~

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 01:19 AM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I get a little angry every time I see highlights of that Dirk to Dampier dunk at the end of Game 5 in Miami. That should have been it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #23
alby
Guru

ESPN classic showed the Game 6 of Mavs v. Suns when JET let Nash hit that three to tie the game.

Josh Howard was a beast back then. So many layups. Crashed the boards so hard. If Josh plays like that, we're unstoppable.

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Stage6 was so much better when it existed. It only hosted DivX files through DivX Web Player, and didn't use any intermediate VeohTV crap. It could preserve full quality easily.
OK, I figured it out. If you download the video to your computer, then open it with WMP, it'll have great quality. But damn Veoh tries to keep you from doing that by placing your downloaded video files in a hidden folder. On my PC, it put it in My Documents\My Videos\Veoh, but "Veoh" was hidden. It puts it in a hidden folder because it wants you to open the video with VeohTV, which is crap.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you know that you'll die
Faster than without water

Save yourself
Save your daughter
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #26
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Yeah i tried uploading it on veoh but it came out looking nasty every time, so i just gave up. When i uploaded it on stage6 it looked awesome, but oh well.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

I noticed you uploaded a wmv file. You obviously have a DivX file since you put it on Stage6, did you try uploading that one?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 AM   #28
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Don't you know that you'll die
Faster than without water

Save yourself
Save your daughter
YESSIR!!

Lift those heavy eyelids.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:55 AM   #29
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

A win today would be big. Most of the Hornets have never been in this position, so it would be interesting to see how they'd handle the adversity.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If Mavs win tonight I predict a sweep.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 AM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

On this day we are met by a veritable and vengeful force, a force that thirsts for the evil pleasure of our own demise. They wield a mighty set of weapons, proven thus far deadly to unsuspecting foes.

Yet we, for our part, are not in the least unsuspecting foes. Our enemy knows not the trails that we have crossed, the evils we have suffered, the pains we have endured, the foes we have conquered.

We have faced greater threats, and emerged victorious. We have faced lesser threats, and strewn their wretched carcasses in our wake.

We will not underestimate our enemy on this day, but we shall certainly render upon them the destiny they claim when they deign to challenge an empire as mighty as ours.

We shall meet them with an unmeasurable hunger, a bloodlust for spirit and soul. We shall establish, once and for all, our mighty superiority in this land. We shall take no prisoners, we shall spare no enemy. We shall leave no living soul in our wake as we reclaim the territory that by God is rightfully ours.

May your sword be quick and deadly, may your daggers be firm and true. And may all the would-be challengers know that this land--OUR land--will not be ceded while any of our hearts continue to beat.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:10 AM   #32
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
On this day we are met by a veritable and vengeful force, a force that thirsts for the evil pleasure of our own demise. They wield a mighty set of weapons, proven thus far deadly to unsuspecting foes.

Yet we, for our part, are not in the least unsuspecting foes. Our enemy knows not the trails that we have crossed, the evils we have suffered, the pains we have endured, the foes we have conquered.

We have faced greater threats, and emerged victorious. We have faced lesser threats, and strewn their wretched carcasses in our wake.

We will not underestimate our enemy on this day, but we shall certainly render upon them the destiny they claim when they deign to challenge an empire as mighty as ours.

We shall meet them with an unmeasurable hunger, a bloodlust for spirit and soul. We shall establish, once and for all, our mighty superiority in this land. We shall take no prisoners, we shall spare no enemy. We shall leave no living soul in our wake as we reclaim the territory that by God is rightfully ours.

May your sword be quick and deadly, may your daggers be firm and true. And may all the would-be challengers know that this land--OUR land--will not be ceded while any of our hearts continue to beat.
I love this man.

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 02:13 AM   #33
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
A win today would be big. Most of the Hornets have never been in this position, so it would be interesting to see how they'd handle the adversity.
agreed. If you have to rely on Peja for your playoff experience, things aren't that bright.
People seem to underestimate playoff experience, because upsets generally happen all the time. But with experience, comes composure and I feel that our current starting PG is a lot more composed and calm than our previous starting PG. And yes, Chris Paul may be a handful--but we all saw him get rattled in that last game when we upped the pressure.

Oh and BTW, David West isn't going to be hitting those rediculous runners off one leg in the lane too often.

Contact Me
Old 04-19-2008, 02:15 AM   #34
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'm so pumped for some Mavs playoff basketball. We are going to come out with a vengeance, taking the 1-0 series lead would be HUGE.

Time for Dirk to shine, unleash the beast.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:34 AM   #35
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

The Mavs normally drop Game 1, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have a 3-1 advantage after four games.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:00 AM   #36
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Mavs normally drop Game 1, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have a 3-1 advantage after four games.

hhmm touche... Mavs are 4-7 in game 1's over the last 5 years... but 6-5 in the playoffs.

count me in as one of the people who thinks if the Mavs win game 1 they will sweep. If not, Mavs in six!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

where the hell is that skull of roy tarpley?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #38
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

We shall be triumphent! We will fight with the tenacity and determination of warriors defending their way of life. This is our way of life, the Hornets have many years of life, ours is now and death does not look appealing.
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:16 AM   #39
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerV
We shall be triumphent! We will fight with the tenacity and determination of warriors defending their way of life. This is our way of life, the Hornets have many years of life, ours is now and death does not look appealing.
They're out of the playoffs, buddy.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:20 AM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
where the hell is that skull of roy tarpley?
Chumdawg plagiarized him?