Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #81
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

They're really going to have to knock our teeth out tonight, because there will be a lot of pressure on them in the last few minutes if it's close.

okay.. Off to class for my final. I'm leaving in the middle if I'm done or not to come watch the game. Since I'm probably failing the test, don't fail me Mavs!

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 04-21-2011 at 04:56 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #82
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

So apparently, Peja, one of the best shooters ever, hitting threes is a fluke. And Dirk, one of the best closers ever, scoring big in the 4th, is a fluke.

*Rolls Eyes*

The only legitimate thing is saying Kidd might cool off. But these same pundits are ignoring that Jet/Marion haven't had anywhere near big games yet, which they very well could.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #83
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
So apparently, Peja, one of the best shooters ever, hitting threes is a fluke. And Dirk, one of the best closers ever, scoring big in the 4th, is a fluke.

*Rolls Eyes*

The only legitimate thing is saying Kidd might cool off. But these same pundits are ignoring that Jet/Marion haven't had anywhere near big games yet, which they very well could.
Exactly.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #84
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
People talk about our lack of playoff success as the reason Portland will win, uh what exactly have the Blazers done in the last decade?
Cuban, puts the Mavs on a bigger stage, 50 x 11, 1st round exits. Losing to an 8 seed. Losing 4 straight to Miami. Mavs have lost on a grander stage the past decade. We will never get the respect of the media until you prove them wrong. Regular season is great, but now is winning time. Hey I'd rather be on this shoe, than everyone gunning and picking you to go..

Portland has gone quietly, with Oden being out all year....for years.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #85
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post

*Rolls Eyes*

Not to mention Dirk has only shot, what, like 38% in this series so far?

I love how the ironclad, never-once-failed-anybody "law of averages" applies only to things the Mavs have done exceptionally well, but not the things that have been subpar thus far.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-21-2011 at 07:50 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #86
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I have my two year old nephews cheering go Mavericks!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #87
ajk822

ajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really nice

Dan Lebatard put it best when he said "In essence, every sports argument is determined by who you like and don't like". People don't like the Mavs, so everything they do is wrong. It's suddenly a bad thing that Kidd and Peja are hitting threes. If they hadn't, and Dirk had carried the team, the argument would have been that Dirk's going to have an off night. They won't get any credit until they win a championship, and that really bugs me. I haven't heard one talking head on ESPN say something good about the Mavs, and it's like they're trying to sweep it under the rug that their "experts" were wrong. I really hope they go up 3-0 tonight just so they all go into panic mode and try to explain away how wrong they were.
ajk822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #88
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

SIEG !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 04-21-2011 at 05:45 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #89
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk822 View Post
Dan Lebatard put it best when he said "In essence, every sports argument is determined by who you like and don't like". People don't like the Mavs, so everything they do is wrong. It's suddenly a bad thing that Kidd and Peja are hitting threes. If they hadn't, and Dirk had carried the team, the argument would have been that Dirk's going to have an off night. They won't get any credit until they win a championship, and that really bugs me. I haven't heard one talking head on ESPN say something good about the Mavs, and it's like they're trying to sweep it under the rug that their "experts" were wrong. I really hope they go up 3-0 tonight just so they all go into panic mode and try to explain away how wrong they were.
I love watching these guys eat their words. Analysts just shakes their head and says Portland, Portland, Portland and chuckles, "I'm picking an upset." It ain't an upset if everyone is picking them. Just advance and we've busted everyone's brackets. I especially love watching the smug guys like Jon Barry get called out.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #90
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I love watching these guys eat their words. Analysts just shakes their head and says Portland, Portland, Portland and chuckles, "I'm picking an upset." It ain't an upset if everyone is picking them. Just advance and we've busted everyone's brackets. I especially love watching the smug guys like Jon Barry get called out.
Apparently Barry picked the Mavs?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #91
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Now that's a shock, I remember the last ABC pregame, they had a laugh when Dallas came up. Who was it Smith and Barry.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #92
Bungleweeb

Bungleweeb is on a distinguished road

As far as I'm concerned, this particular series comes exclusively down to what's between the collective ears of Dallas. With due respect to a good Portland team, we're simply better. Let's do to them what the Nuggets did to the Hornets, last year! Step on the gas, go up by almost sixty, and never let off of the gas!! CP58, revisited!
Bungleweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #93
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Is anyone planning on streaming the game tonight?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #94
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk822 View Post
That's what I was thinking going into this postseason. Be prepared for these analysts to jump on the Lakers bandwagon in a possible matchup with the Mavs rather quick just because they picked Portland in the first round.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #95
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
People are saying that Kidd / Peja will cool off and we'll lose, but they're forgetting that it's really our defense that is winning us these games. As long as Dirk is Dirk and Terry/Marion start to pick up any slack that starts show from the old guys, we'll be fine because our defense has been great.
Exactly. Portland is averaging 85 pts/gm, thats 10 pts less than the regular season. You might win a couple of playoff games by scoring 85 pts but I doubt you win a series.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #96
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

45 mins...
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #97
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #98
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to get nerrrrrrvyous!
now that we're already up 2-0... i'm not nearly as nervous as i've been. if we lose tonight, i guess i'll be nervous again
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #99
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fired up bitches. Get some....
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #100
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

it's time for win!!!
Go Mavs!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #101
fluid.forty.one

That is the fastest I've ever taken a test.

LETS GO MAVS!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #102
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:

LETS GO MAVS!!!!
That's the spirit!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #103
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

LETS GO MAVS!!!!
Haha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is your gratification http://veetlesportsnba.blogspot.com/...channel-1.html
Old 04-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #104
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Froschi!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #105
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Anyone got a link?? pleasee and thanks

go mavs
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #106
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Anyone got a link?? pleasee and thanks

go mavs
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/6...mavericks.html

Enjoy!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #107
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Froschi!
Poor Mr. Frog
Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #108
fluid.forty.one

Almost time to kick some ass...
Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #109
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

LETS GO MAVS!!!!
Good work! Hope you did well. Maybe the adrenaline boosted your performance.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #110
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Now bring them bastards on.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #111
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Poor Mr. Frog
Huh? Isn't he getting better every day after successful lung cancer treatment?

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 04-21-2011 at 09:41 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #112
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:

LETS GO MAVS!!!!

Now the Mavs better reward you with some stellar play!

Go Mavs!!!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #113
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

I am so ready for this game. Let us teach the "experts" what the Mavs are all about!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #114
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Huh? Isn't he getting better every day after successful lung cancer treatment?
Hm, if you ask me. Walter is done.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #115
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Last-minute pre-tipoff prediction:

Mavs 142, Blazers 8

Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #116
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta weather the early storm.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #117
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Here we go...
Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #118
CadBane
Banned

And the ticky-tack calls begin...
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #119
LonghornDub

I would really love it if Aldridge would not hit 90% of the jumpers he shoots against us. He's a good shooter. He's not Ray Allen.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #120
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Gotta secure those rebounds...

Tags
barea takeover=loss, broken english = win?, f carlisle f barea, great game by chandler, jj = momentum changer :(, peja airball = loss, refs took over = lost